Sponsored

JFTops Bed Topper - Soft Top Version

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Just wanted to give a shout out to (Jon) over at JFTops.com for the new Soft top Secure bed topper. I came across his website and after speaking with him over the phone, I was convinced this was for me.

I wanted a way to securely keep my items in the back when riding with a soft top, but didn't want to have to deal with an intricate system that requires hours of time to install. The JFTops met all my needs, Looks, security and durability and it takes maybe 10 minutes to install or remove. It's three pieces of 3/4″ Cabinet Grade Plywood with a TRUXX Spray-on Bedliner covering it which gives it a nice look and keeps it durable for day to day driving. The install process could not be easier just drop your seats and then place the two-piece topper that has the top and back wall attached, align with the pre-drilled holes and slide in the third piece from the tailgate area. Once that's done you can hand tighten the 6 bolts (provided by JFTops) into the factory bolt holes and your done. One caveat, Jon did advise the soft top version he added two extra holes in the topper towards the front of the vehicle that you can (if you so choose) drill a hole on each side of your bed rail and use the provided bolts and nuts to add a little extra security. So far I have not drilled a hole into the my side bed rail, but I can say that its fairly stable without doing so. I'm sure it would make it even more secure, but I might wait on that.

I did purchase the D-rings from JFTops, but chose not to have him install them on the board yet since I thought I might like to have a cleaner all black look. So far, I don't plan on hauling coolers, etc. on the top but that is an option to strap down your gear and allow for more cargo space which is a nice option. I'm probably gonna try and spray the D-Rings black since they come in a brass finish, which I think would make for a nice look.

I have nothing but great things to say about working with Jon throughout the process he was responsive and even gave me a call when I had a question regarding the install. The package was shipped in a large box via UPS and for me I think the price is very fair compared to all the other companies/products out there, especially if you want ease of install/removal and looks.

**Full disclosure, no discount or other offers from JFTops for this mini-review, I just like supporting a small business when they have a great product. :clap:

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG
Sponsored

Fhammadi

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Looks great ! I just got mine today and I must say the craftsmanship is top notch. I dod notice you have the all weather cargo mat folded over I assume its too thick to be layed under the the panel am I right ?

PS i'll post pics as soon as I get it on the vehicle

OP
OP
Scarr2k

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Looks great ! I just got mine today and I must say the craftsmanship is top notch. I dod notice you have the all weather cargo mat folded over I assume its too thick to be layed under the the panel am I right ?

PS i'll post pics as soon as I get it on the vehicle
Yep good eye. It didn’t sit right when the mat was underneath, which was a little bit of a bummer. I picked up a rugged ridge cargo mat to replace it, but even that has to be folded just a little on the inside. Not a huge deal though for the satisfaction of knowing I can lock up my soft top windows, etc.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Just wanted to give a shout out to (Jon) over at JFTops.com for the new Soft top Secure bed topper. I came across his website and after speaking with him over the phone, I was convinced this was for me.

I wanted a way to securely keep my items in the back when riding with a soft top, but didn't want to have to deal with an intricate system that requires hours of time to install. The JFTops met all my needs, Looks, security and durability and it takes maybe 10 minutes to install or remove. It's three pieces of 3/4″ Cabinet Grade Plywood with a TRUXX Spray-on Bedliner covering it which gives it a nice look and keeps it durable for day to day driving. The install process could not be easier just drop your seats and then place the two-piece topper that has the top and back wall attached, align with the pre-drilled holes and slide in the third piece from the tailgate area. Once that's done you can hand tighten the 6 bolts (provided by JFTops) into the factory bolt holes and your done. One caveat, Jon did advise the soft top version he added two extra holes in the topper towards the front of the vehicle that you can (if you so choose) drill a hole on each side of your bed rail and use the provided bolts and nuts to add a little extra security. So far I have not drilled a hole into the my side bed rail, but I can say that its fairly stable without doing so. I'm sure it would make it even more secure, but I might wait on that.

I did purchase the D-rings from JFTops, but chose not to have him install them on the board yet since I thought I might like to have a cleaner all black look. So far, I don't plan on hauling coolers, etc. on the top but that is an option to strap down your gear and allow for more cargo space which is a nice option. I'm probably gonna try and spray the D-Rings black since they come in a brass finish, which I think would make for a nice look.

I have nothing but great things to say about working with Jon throughout the process he was responsive and even gave me a call when I had a question regarding the install. The package was shipped in a large box via UPS and for me I think the price is very fair compared to all the other companies/products out there, especially if you want ease of install/removal and looks.

**Full disclosure, no discount or other offers from JFTops for this mini-review, I just like supporting a small business when they have a great product. :clap:

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG
So is that what holds it on the 3 screws on both sides like if i was going to take off my hard top ? if so can someone just unscrew the 6 screws and take it off and walk away with it ? If not what holds it on and from someone undoing the 6 screws and walking away it ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scarr2k

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
So is that what holds it on the 3 screws on both sides like if i was going to take off my hard top ? if so can someone just unscrew the 6 screws and take it off and walk away with it ? If not what holds it on and from someone undoing the 6 screws and walking away it ?
yes it has 3 bolts on both sides and you can add the extra 2 bolts but would need to drill out your own hole. To remove the back portion nearest the back seat takes some maneuvering since it is rather wide.

I look at it that it keeps my stuff hidden while I’m running topless. Obviously if a crook wants in they will get in no matter what deterrent you have. Years ago I had a Toyota 4-runner and the crooks just busted out my side window. If they want to take the time then sure they could take it off.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
yes it has 3 bolts on both sides and you can add the extra 2 bolts but would need to drill out your own hole. To remove the back portion nearest the back seat takes some maneuvering since it is rather wide.

I look at it that it keeps my stuff hidden while I’m running topless. Obviously if a crook wants in they will get in no matter what deterrent you have. Years ago I had a Toyota 4-runner and the crooks just busted out my side window. If they want to take the time then sure they could take it off.
yes I agree if they want to get in they will but it just seems pretty flimsy I don't know maybe I'm wrong . If it ends up being close to 450 then I think I'll go with JF tops

OP
OP
Scarr2k

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
yes I agree if they want to get in they will but it just seems pretty flimsy I don't know maybe I'm wrong . If it ends up being close to 450 then I think I'll go with JF tops
it’s anything but flimsy and quite heavy. The owner of JF Tops is great to work with. Good luck.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
it’s anything but flimsy and quite heavy. The owner of JF Tops is great to work with. Good luck.
When will this be available where I can check it out

Sponsored

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I assume your soft top doesnt lock into place with this on, correct? Do you just use straps to keep it from moving?

OP
OP
Scarr2k

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Correct it will not lock down. I actually use two of the Nite Ize Gear ties which work great and just wrap them around the arms towards the back. No movement then. Can’t remember the exact size but bigger is prob better.

Nite Ize GTM32-33-R3 Gear Mega 32 in. -Neon Yellow Rubber Twist Tie, 32 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5I7VGA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RZs-DbNKQVGHE

I assume your soft top doesnt lock into place with this on, correct? Do you just use straps to keep it from moving?

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
when you need to haul long gear ..... can you fold the seats down and fold the back piece either forward or backward .... or do you need to remove the cover?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Scarr2k

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
You would probably have to pull out the cover. The rear top piece and the piece that goes behind the back seat is hinged together. You could take off the piece closest to the tailgate and let it hang outside the Jeep. I guess the way it’s designed is to make it harder for a would be thief not so much taking in and out although it’s not terribly difficult. The back piece is just kinda awkward with one person.

when you need to haul long gear ..... can you fold the seats down and fold the back piece either forward or backward .... or do you need to remove the cover?

Thanks!