Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I just looked up some NJ offroad areas and closest to me is this place. Apparently ised to be called Lebanon State Park. I have been in there on dual sports but don't ride anymore. I want to take my jeep in. I have only tow straps. No winch. Also stock tires and no lift. Am I crazy to go in there with no winch? What should I bring with me? Is it stupid to go alone meaning only one Jeep? Sorry for all the questions but haven't gone four wheelin in many years.
Sponsored

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
I just looked up some NJ offroad areas and closest to me is this place. Apparently ised to be called Lebanon State Park. I have been in there on dual sports but don't ride anymore. I want to take my jeep in. I have only tow straps. No winch. Also stock tires and no lift. Am I crazy to go in there with no winch? What should I bring with me? Is it stupid to go alone meaning only one Jeep? Sorry for all the questions but haven't gone four wheelin in many years.
We aren't allowed to off road in NJ. Most you can do is take an unpaved surface road or fire trail. And even then, if you're in a park, the rangers will follow you in. One tire off the trail, huge fine. So no, you don't need a winch.

I hate this state. I hate it so damn much. Thankfully Rausch Creek isn't that far...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I know in Jackson, by Reed Road, kids (20s) tend to off-road there, though it's trails

My friends video:

Maddingo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Wrangler TJ, 2018 Wrangler JL
Clubs

What about Wharton State Forest. Been there many times although not in the past 10 years.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I think you'll find Wharton more interesting than Lebanon. as long as you don't go in any water you won't get stuck. 4Hi with traction control off seems to handle the sand just fine. if you do go through water, definitely check depth first - some of the "puddles" have deep tire ruts (typically centered in the puddle but not always). you can get stuck in these with a stock Jeep. just check depth first and make good decisions. go in using Quaker bridge Rd on Rt. 206 across from Atsion lake. hang a hard right just past the steel grate bridge, takes you to Batsto. stay on the trails as already mentioned.

Sponsored

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Good Info. Thanks. What area was that video shot in? Lebanon?

EJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport Altitude
I've gone in the Pine Barons (South) and Buttermilk Falls (North) bone stock with no issues. It's always smart to go with someone else just in case