Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Heading to do some trails this weekend with my jeep and my daughter in hers and a friend in an old Willys. We are heading west on 70 to 539 and maybe Pasadena Rd. Or stay south on 539 and look for fire road entrances. Looking for beginner trails with no deep mud. Any advice on where to enter and go? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone?

89TransAmWS6

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0T, 2020 GC 3.6, 1993 Pontiac Trans Am
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Never had the opportunity to try and I am too far north to know anyone personally who has but I have researched in the past and had this map saved

https://www.njparksandforests.org/parks/maps/wsf_motorized_access_plan.pdf

And this website talks about stopping at one of the ranger stations and getting a map. I have seen more posts googling in the past but unfortunately no first hand advice :(

If you go..post up pics!

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome info. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

Monkeynono

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
We had lots of rain yesterday, puddles will be deep. Walk them first. Puddles closest to the road have a tendency to be deep and rutted. The wider the trail the more likely they are to be easier.

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
We had lots of rain yesterday, puddles will be deep. Walk them first. Puddles closest to the road have a tendency to be deep and rutted. The wider the trail the more likely they are to be easier.
It wasnt as bad as I thought. One I made my kid go around because she doesntnhave lockers and i struggled a little with my Rubicon and we both went around another that looked too big to chance it. Even smaller water spots suprised us with how deep the ruts in there were. All the trails we were on were woodsy. I would like to find more open sandpit areas. We were only in Wharton.

Monkeynono

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It wasnt as bad as I thought. One I made my kid go around because she doesntnhave lockers and i struggled a little with my Rubicon and we both went around another that looked too big to chance it. Even smaller water spots suprised us with how deep the ruts in there were. All the trails we were on were woodsy. I would like to find more open sandpit areas. We were only in Wharton.
There are only a fer "open" sand pit areas. 99.99% of the trails here are just trails, any pit is either on private land or is in a no go zone. Years ago we had almost free run of all the trails but in the last 5 or so years they have really cracked down due to the amount of damage being caused..... But that is a whole other story. I have been driving around Wharton for 20+ years and have watched some spots get completely destroyed and the loss of some really good trails due to closings

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
if you want to play in sand, follow batsto fireline rd towards the north-west, it's just west of batsto lake, you'll find it on google maps, plenty of sand back there but definitely stay out of the water, the puddles have really deep ruts in that part so if there is a bypass, use it, otherwise be sure to check depth first

Sponsored

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
if you want to play in sand, follow batsto fireline rd towards the north-west, it's just west of batsto lake, you'll find it on google maps, plenty of sand back there but definitely stay out of the water, the puddles have really deep ruts in that part so if there is a bypass, use it, otherwise be sure to check depth first
thanks. Are thise ooen areas closer to Batsto or Astion on Fireline Rd? We were on Goodwater going west to east ending up at Batsto. Nice trail but not much on it. I would like to join a local jeep club and follow a group through to learn the place. I was afraid to turn down some trails because they look very narrow and I really dont want to pinstrip my paint like that. My daughters JK is more skinny for sure.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
thanks. Are thise ooen areas closer to Batsto or Astion on Fireline Rd? We were on Goodwater going west to east ending up at Batsto. Nice trail but not much on it. I would like to join a local jeep club and follow a group through to learn the place. I was afraid to turn down some trails because they look very narrow and I really dont want to pinstrip my paint like that. My daughters JK is more skinny for sure.
good water is a nice trail but it's more hardpack gravel than sand. fireline rd is on the other side of the mullica. there is definitely a large sandy area in there and the sand is pretty thick in spots. it's roughly half way between atsion and batsto. you can actually follow that trail from batsto all the way back to rt 206 directly across from atsion lake. and again, be sure to bypass the water holes along this trail.
Sponsored