Jeetops

Maxwellfish

First Name
Maxwellfish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I searched, and only saw one mention of Jeetops.

Does anyone have any experience with this company or alternative products??

I certainly would rather take the top panels off, however it would be nice to have a view out the top when the panels are not off.

MY main concern would be leaking, cracking, and scratches to the "glass" surface...

Any experiences, thoughts, or alternatives??
Sponsored

Last edited:

KY_Soldier

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ-2A, 2021 4xe, few Teslas & Ferraris
No idea but I posted the same question in another thread. Not sure why Jeep can't make an oem glass (acrylic) freedom panel like you get on a 911, corvette, etc. Seems like a no brainer?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The JK forum has lots of information on this, and DIY, as well as commercially available side opening windows for 2 and 4 dr hardtops. The forum member, Jeff Scherb, has extensive experience in bringing these to market for the JK. The JL will be next
JK forum, sister to this one, topic Custom Modular Hardtop

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
This video doesn't seem to be very favorable of them. Lol

This is very intentional harmful publicity and doesn't do justice to the product you can buy nowadays. It is now very refined and doesn't leek.
I hope they offer it soon for the JL.

If I were Jeep I would offer that upgraded hardtop with a huge tempered glass screen on it.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
This is very intentional harmful publicity and doesn't do justice to the product you can buy nowadays. It is now very refined and doesn't leek.
I hope they offer it soon for the JL.

If I were Jeep I would offer that upgraded hardtop with a huge tempered glass screen on it.
I have deleted my post. Sounds like you guys know what you are talking about.

levi_jk

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
I have not had any good experiences with Jeetops.

Their owner is nice at first and then turns into a jerk. The sad part is that their product is a great idea if it was reliable. I bought some and ended up selling them to someone that was willing to deal with the headache. Better off to find a body shop local to you.

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
Just wondering if anyone has actually gotten JeeTops for their JL yet? Stopped by the JeeTop shop a few weeks back and Chris explained that they are still dealing with availability issues... Ordered mine the middle of May and apparently the back log is currently 300 deep now - go figure :)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Perhaps some of you would enjoy another link to Jeff Scherb's work.

This project is on my bucket list for my JL when used part prices come down, and I'm able to buy a second hard top to experiment with at reasonable cost, such that if I end up trashing it with mistakes, it was worth the lessons I learned in trying to modularize it.

The ability to store the top, cut into 4 flat pieces alone is phenomenal

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...g-a-factory-jk-jku-hardtop-to-modular.160775/

Sponsored

Joe_mamma

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I just bought a used top with JeeTops installed in it. The top was from a 2012 JKU so sometime in the last 7 years they were installed and the last 3 years the top was in storage. Every corner of every JeeTops inserts are cracked, one crack is about 10”. I contacted them to see if there were replacement panels that could be installed, they said no, but if I wanted to drive to Wisconsin and drop it off they would be happy to install new panels for $2300 with a 5 year warranty Lol
Sponsored