Sponsored

JeepUniq HAM Radio Mount Review

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi everyone, Just wanted to contribute with a small review of a recent "mod". Leading up to my purchase, I found a lack of information for what I was looking for so I wanted to document it here for any future buyers or people just trying to browse options.

My JLUR is a daily driver with light offloading/camping sessions once every other month at the most. I knew I wanted/needed some form of trail communication with my buddies, but felt hesitant installing anything too bulky as I generally prefer a very stock, clean look and feel for my vehicles. I decided to put a handheld HAM radio in my jeep to give me the flexibility of being able to use it for spotting or hiking. I cam across an Instagram post by 67 Designs where I saw the perfect mount to what I was looking for. It took awhile emailing 67 Designs and researching their website along with JeepUniq's website to zero in on the specifics of what I need. Anyway see the attached photos for how it ended up.
3 Parts needed, from 3 separate companies:
-Carolina Metals grab handle 20mm ball mount.
https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...jl-grab-bar-ball-mount?variant=13892551016509

-67 Designs Carbon Fiber ARM (20mm sockets is the default connection)
https://www.67d.com/collections/arms/products/carbon-fiber-arms-matte?variant=19505414045799

-JeepUniq Universal Mount. This was one of the more tricky parts where I had to browse their website for quite awhile before I figured out how to confirm what I was ordering. Unfortunately they don't provide a phone number to call, and correspondence via their chat bot was unsuccessful for me. Rather than selecting a Vehicle (Jeep JL), you have to to navigate to "more 67 designs mount" on the bottom left of the home page. If you select Jeep JL as a vehicle, the default mount is something completely different and not what I wanted. Once you select "67 designs mount", make sure to leave your vehicle selection as Universal, and your mount type as 67D. This will make sense if you walk through the steps and see what I'm talking about.
Direct link to the right page below.
https://jeepuniq.com/collections/67-designs-compatible-mounts

Enjoy and LMK if there are any questions.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_7528.jpeg

IMG_7536.jpeg
Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Can you measure the opening width of the mic mount? I’m using a different mic and trying to see if the belt clip will fit. Thanks!

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Can you measure the opening width of the mic mount? I’m using a different mic and trying to see if the belt clip will fit. Thanks!
Yeah no problem, I'll get to it by tomorrow late afternoon. When you order the mount from Jeep Uniq, they do have you specify which hand mic you are using, to ensure their mount will be compatible. Something tells me it's more or less going to be the same regardless of mic you are using. They probably just have a running list of confirmed mics that fit. I'll still get you the measurement tomorrow.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah no problem, I'll get to it by tomorrow late afternoon. When you order the mount from Jeep Uniq, they do have you specify which hand mic you are using, to ensure their mount will be compatible. Something tells me it's more or less going to be the same regardless of mic you are using. They probably just have a running list of confirmed mics that fit. I'll still get you the measurement tomorrow.
yeah I’ve been on their site and messaged them but got no response. From what I can see there are only two mic options that have the belt clip on their web site. I’m running a btech qhm22 with my uv5r so I’m hoping the belt clip dimension is the same as the baofeng one. I might use the Dremel to make mine narrower if need be.

thanks!

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
yeah I’ve been on their site and messaged them but got no response. From what I can see there are only two mic options that have the belt clip on their web site. I’m running a btech qhm22 with my uv5r so I’m hoping the belt clip dimension is the same as the baofeng one. I might use the Dremel to make mine narrower if need be.

thanks!
Yeah I struggled with communication too. I tried to send several messages when I placed my order. I know his website indicates to allow additional time for shipping, but I had gone a couple weeks with no communique. I tried to send several messages and I think my order shipped on the third week. Just be prepared and rest assured the business is still operating and need to be patient.

Let me know if you need any other pictures.

JeepUniq Measurement.jpeg

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah I struggled with communication too. I tried to send several messages when I placed my order. I know his website indicates to allow additional time for shipping, but I had gone a couple weeks with no communique. I tried to send several messages and I think my order shipped on the third week. Just be prepared and rest assured the business is still operating and need to be patient.

Let me know if you need any other pictures.

Jeep Wrangler JL JeepUniq HAM Radio Mount Review JeepUniq Measurement
Can you measure the width as well? Sorry for being a pita.

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I sent messages via their website, but never received a response.
I experienced the same. I’m not sure what their situation is. But even though they never responded to me, my order eventually shipped.
Did you have a question I can try to help with?