bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
The following comment on the Moab Off Road info page:

I just found Jeeptheusa.com and it had what I believe is a complete .gpx zip file with sub folders of roads, major trails, minor trails, and waypoints. Downloaded to Gaia nicely so I think I am set there. It was easier than TrailsOffroad that last time I had to pull down trail individually. Maybe there is better way but Jeepthe USA was easy

Anyone concur?
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Hi Joe, I think that the two together make a great resource. Just be aware that the owner of the Jeep the USA website passed away several years ago so some of the information regarding trail difficulty, etc. can be out of date.

Reactions: J0E

JP52

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
The following comment on the Moab Off Road info page:

I just found Jeeptheusa.com and it had what I believe is a complete .gpx zip file with sub folders of roads, major trails, minor trails, and waypoints. Downloaded to Gaia nicely so I think I am set there. It was easier than TrailsOffroad that last time I had to pull down trail individually. Maybe there is better way but Jeepthe USA was easy

Anyone concur?

Hi Joe, Thanks for posting this. I checked out jeeptheusa and it looks like a great resource. Very sad the the author passed away, but it is great that someone is keeping the site up in his memory. I was able to quickly download the GPX files and import them into Gaia. Thanks again for the tip!

Reactions: J0E

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
There are a number of folks contributing to keeping the web page undated for Steve Curtis' wife. Not as updated as Steve kept it, but it'll do for now.

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
Thanks @J0E, the JeepTheUSA site looks really useful - trail descriptions, pictures, difficulty ratings and GPX files. As I browsed it, two things came quickly to mind:

1) What if the website goes away - it would be a real loss
2) How can I interactively access this info when I'm without internet connectivity?

To that end, I thought a local, updateable copy of the full website would be great. A quick email to a tech savy friend solved the problem. Full website with all pictures is about 840MB and is now on my hard disk. Much smaller if one wants to forego the pictures.

HTTrack.com is an open source Windows tool that will copy a website and it did a nice job. I run Linux on my machine where the 'wget' command line function turns out to be built in. Both methods worked successfully and the resulting website download will run on any browser.

LF
Sponsored