Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I see that you say your Jeep has "tons". Did you have them custom built or did you go through a particular company?

I bought 72.5" wide Dynatrac XD60's.
Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I bought 72.5" wide Dynatrac XD60's.
I'm curious to see what Teraflex will be coming out with in the next few months, otherwise that's my plan with my Sport S, is to get 60/60, or 60/80 after its paid off. Wife will probably kill me(seeing another set of tires and wheels) and just the non-stop money pit my Jeep is, but it'll be fun continuing the build.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I'm curious to see what Teraflex will be coming out with in the next few months, otherwise that's my plan with my Sport S, is to get 60/60, or 60/80 after its paid off. Wife will probably kill me(seeing another set of tires and wheels) and just the non-stop money pit my Jeep is, but it'll be fun continuing the build.

Always better to ask for forgiveness.... :)

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Always better to ask for forgiveness.... :)
very common thing I do. Just had my ARB Snorkel show up yesterday, and still have other things showing up in the next couple days, and I know since my wife is working from the house right now that she's going to see the boxes start to stack up since I can' t do any installs during the week between my 2 and 1 year old and she has school and work that she's most of the time doing I have to put off my installs to usually one day out of the weekend and usually late at night. Next stuff that will be getting installed hopefully:
ARB Dual Air Compressor
ARB Snorkel
Steersmarts TIe Rod, Drag link, and track bar brace
Teraflex Steering Stabalizer
Bestop Duster Deck/Windbreaker
Poison Spyder Rocker Knocker Step kit(second set since I thought all 4 would be together)

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
very common thing I do. Just had my ARB Snorkel show up yesterday, and still have other things showing up in the next couple days, and I know since my wife is working from the house right now that she's going to see the boxes start to stack up since I can' t do any installs during the week between my 2 and 1 year old and she has school and work that she's most of the time doing I have to put off my installs to usually one day out of the weekend and usually late at night. Next stuff that will be getting installed hopefully:
ARB Dual Air Compressor
ARB Snorkel
Steersmarts TIe Rod, Drag link, and track bar brace
Teraflex Steering Stabalizer
Bestop Duster Deck/Windbreaker
Poison Spyder Rocker Knocker Step kit(second set since I thought all 4 would be together)

I see you are in HI, but where did you order the step kt from? I dont see it listed on PS web site but 4 wheel parts and one other show them. Wonder how long it takes for PS to get them delivered...

Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I see you are in HI, but where did you order the step kt from? I dont see it listed on PS web site but 4 wheel parts and one other show them. Wonder how long it takes for PS to get them delivered...
What I understand from my parts guy is that they have been on back order. I sometimes hit up the sales team from Poison Spyder for more information. I want to say he went through @Northridge4x4 who has an awesome sales team and have worked with them quite a bit for my Jeep.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for the reply. Probably get the ps kit as I need the step for the wife, it’s her daily and she’s height limited haha I’ll hit up NORTHRIDGE and see what they say.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Probably get the ps kit as I need the step for the wife, it’s her daily and she’s height limited haha I’ll hit up NORTHRIDGE and see what they say.
I really like how you can detach them really quick but do as the instructions say and buy the bit to make sure the threads are good to go. I tried to force the bolts in but ya, that's not how they were made, but after running the tap through the bolts went in easy. I also applied some anti-seize to help with taking them off, and putting them back on. Also, remember just to keep that allen wrench in the Jeep like with your little Jeep tool bag that comes with the Jeep.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I really like how you can detach them really quick but do as the instructions say and buy the bit to make sure the threads are good to go. I tried to force the bolts in but ya, that's not how they were made, but after running the tap through the bolts went in easy. I also applied some anti-seize to help with taking them off, and putting them back on. Also, remember just to keep that allen wrench in the Jeep like with your little Jeep tool bag that comes with the Jeep.
Yeah its really the only slider with detachable steps. Rock Slide Engineering foldouts are great and all but with the abuse ill be going through I am not going to chance it also they are double the cost.

Right now I have the stock rubi rails with detachable/retractable moore steps and they work great just really starting to need a rock slider to pivot and protect from rocks etc.

Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Running 37 and 3.5 lift, might go 39 or 40 after these wear out. I got a rear drawer full of tools, no bag needed

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps w/ Poison Spyder Upgrades 1BDDEB90-B10D-4FA3-BEB4-7F37C81EDC03

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps w/ Poison Spyder Upgrades 1BDDEB90-B10D-4FA3-BEB4-7F37C81EDC03
Is that drawer system using the stock tie down points or did you have to drill more holes? I kinda like the little hidden storage area so a fridge isn't part of my build(yet). Looks awesome! What lift do you have? I'd just be worried with the Rubi rails that if you did grind against any rocks that it'll put pressure against the body and possibly cause damage. Check out @Jeep Generation's video on the Rocker Knockers and body armor. I'm glad I put those on before doing any corner body trail damage(even though I should get the lip armor from Rusty's since I do have some damage from one of the side trails out here on Peacock Flats).

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Is that drawer system using the stock tie down points or did you have to drill more holes? I kinda like the little hidden storage area so a fridge isn't part of my build(yet). Looks awesome! What lift do you have? I'd just be worried with the Rubi rails that if you did grind against any rocks that it'll put pressure against the body and possibly cause damage. Check out @Jeep Generation's video on the Rocker Knockers and body armor. I'm glad I put those on before doing any corner body trail damage(even though I should get the lip armor from Rusty's since I do have some damage from one of the side trails out here on Peacock Flats).
Its the american adventure labs system. It uses the stock tie down points but has steel bars running left to right for strength etc under the platform.I have my ARB Dual compressor under there in the hidden storage compartment using the rustys mount and piped to rear bumper so never use the compartment. EVO short arm 3.5 lift with fox 2.0 shocks for now.

Ive seen his install and wheeling videos I am aware of the possibility to damage the tub, I am going to get the body armor as well. So far havent rubbed too much on the rails as I havent been in a lot of rock gardens yet with the JL, but having the 3.5 lift does help clear alot of obstacles to a certain degree.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps w/ Poison Spyder Upgrades 1597973232350

I am completely resting on my Rocker Knocker in this shot. They been working out great.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Its the american adventure labs system. It uses the stock tie down points but has steel bars running left to right for strength etc under the platform.I have my ARB Dual compressor under there in the hidden storage compartment using the rustys mount and piped to rear bumper so never use the compartment. EVO short arm 3.5 lift with fox 2.0 shocks for now.

Ive seen his install and wheeling videos I am aware of the possibility to damage the tub, I am going to get the body armor as well. So far havent rubbed too much on the rails as I havent been in a lot of rock gardens yet with the JL, but having the 3.5 lift does help clear alot of obstacles to a certain degree.
My lift is a MC 3.5” lift with Teraflex falcon’s (if I didn’t say that already). The 35”s have done the job, but have watched others with 37”s just go over stuff like it’s nothing out here that I have to judge if I’m not going to rub the belly of my Jeep on. Certainly jealous but at the same time know I’ll need at least a bigger axle up front to handle the 37”s on the trail without hopefully stressing the axle too much.