First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
If you read my original post I know they figured it out and started installing the correct plate after they realized what they did, no need to explain it to me. I may have been the first one to state when it changed. I got it direct from my communication with Jeep and had not seen it before that.

If you read all my post on this thread you will see my position is you are simply wrong. You make it sound like they planed to screw up and install standard JL plates with wrong information printed and stamped on it (Its suppose to be that way). I have the wrong plate that someone at Jeep decided to install on my Jeep when it was built. Just because some moron decided to stick a standard JL plate on my 392 because they forgot to issue a P.O. to a vendor or whatever the failure was at Jeep that lead them to put the silver plate on a number of Jeeps to cover the screw up does not make it okay for me. I expect more. Again read my prior post on this thread. I have been pretty clear on this throughout on this subject.

I love how you suggest I want a lemon law, buy back or a lawsuit over it. Not the case. Never said or implied that. Just want people to do the job they get paid to do and want the corporation we all support by buying Jeeps to do the correct thing when people that work for them do not do the job they get paid to do. I know that is a lot for you to wrap your mind around from reading your post but it is really that simple.

Its not just a different color, it has the wrong info on it.

To think you are a retired business consultant is laughable to me. Made me giggle, it really did. Is this what you would recommend to someone paying for your services? Just tell your customers screw you we know it's wrong but get over it we will do nothing to correct it and you can deal with it. After all they already spent the money who cares if its correct.

Wow, speaks volumes.
You just don't get it. The Bill of Material changed didn't happen until the date indicated, therefore the vehicle was technically built correctly on the line because that's the part it called for. It was either a planned release or release pending due to the new plate arrival date. I'm very confident that it was a conscious decision. Now whether one agrees with that or not is their business.

The point I was trying to make is simple: Only you will be able to resolve this, either work it out with the dealer or buy a plate and replace it. There's not going to be a recall, lemon law buy back, class action suit or other relief means.

In Jeep's eyes, it was correct when it was built.
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Huh??? Don't even know what that is. Sorry. Thesaurus I have heard of. And a dictionary (sorry could not resist). :);)

And no, I do not rely on it. Have not gleaned any synonyms from it in years. Old enough to have grown up when speaking and writing intelligently were actually looked on with favor. No offense intended or implied.

BTW, your Jeep looks great. Glad you got your bronze plate. To reiterate what I posted above, what is an issue to some is not to another. If one wants 28" spinners on their Jeep so be it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure many think my 392 on 40"s is sacrilegious. Because one does not adhere to a standard that others believe acceptable in their eyes they judge and condemn. This is an issue in society that is becoming more volatile every day. Agree to disagree.

Hope this does not come off as a tirade, not meant to.

Sam
Ok here we go.

1. Samsung spell check is crap and is constantly telling ppl that I "live" them instead of "love" you. But yea I missed the typo that will forever haunt my dreams.
2. Yes my jeep looks effin awesome and is still a work in progress.
3. Jeep sent me the wrong bronze plate.
4. 28's 🤣 pleaseee I would laugh in their face. They would need the life lesson.
5. I love 40's, I just love speed more and I'm not willing to decrease acceleration and handling ability at top speeds.
6. 392's deserve respect and the correct plate.
7. Tirade away. I can take it... trust me.

Xoxo, the overly opinionated jeep forum Irish biatch.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Like I noted before. Jeepers are by FAR one of a kind. :facepalm::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::headbang:

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Ok here we go.

5. I love 40's, I just love speed more and I'm not willing to decrease acceleration and handling ability at top speeds.

Xoxo, the overly opinionated jeep forum Irish biatch.
My Heep (yes I intended that spelling) is never going to be a race car. Acceleration and top speed? And handling? Actually mildly humorous quoting handling and top speed relating to a Jeep JL in the same sentence. Nope. Not gonna happen. Yea, it is froggy and runs really good, and does handle well for a JEEP (actually the best handling Wrangler derivative I believe). Those duties, speed and handling, are left to other rides. So therefore she gets shod with 40"s. Pick your poison.

With that said, I still get a huge giggle out of the 392 every time I drive it. Puts a huge smile on my face.

Sam

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
It literally doesn't make a difference in any way, so no, I wouldn’t care. Not to mention you did get the correct plate. You're just annoyed future builds got a different one. The product planner for Jeep is a much more reputable source than a customer service agent on the phone.

Ohhh dear me. I did get the wrong plate... twice...
And I'm not annoyed about future builds.... thats just sounds silly.
Do you even own a 392?

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
A
My Heep (yes I intended that spelling) is never going to be a race car. Acceleration and top speed? And handling? Actually mildly humorous quoting handling and top speed relating to a Jeep JL in the same sentence. Nope. Not gonna happen. Yea, it is froggy and runs really good, and does handle well for a JEEP (actually the best handling Wrangler derivative I believe). Those duties, speed and handling, are left to other rides. So therefore she gets shod with 40"s. Pick your poison.

With that said, I still get a huge giggle out of the 392 every time I drive it. Puts a huge smile on my face.

Sam
And that smile for me comes from the 392's.... handling and speed..... 🥰

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I have owned Jeeps for over 40 years, purchased probably 20 used and 14 new ones during that time. Everything from a XJ for my daughter to two SRTs and a TrackHawk... Most surprising to me is that people expect Jeep to be Mercedes or BMW. You paid 80-100k for a Jeep, it is still a Jeep. For years, regardless of who has owned Jeep, they have been known to be very capable off road vehicles, but far from perfect! Guess what, even my 2020 M5 was not perfect and the follow up service for the problem I was having was not great. Same with my recent Super C Motorhome... Customer service is not the same as it used to be. It is hard to hire people that care anymore and the few that do get tired of handling all the Karen's that call them to complain.
And sooooo many guys just prancing around like puffed up peacocks as well!

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
So, the water fording depth is unchanged even with bigger tires? 😕
It's printed on there as a range now, 32.5" / 33.6" to cover both the standard 392, and the Recon 392's specs with the same plate.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Hmmm. How can the water fording depth be the same for a Jeep equipped with 33” tires as it is for 35” tires The difference should allow for another inch of depth.

For that matter, how can a Sport on 31.5” tires have the same fording depth as an non V8 Rubicon?

This is proving to be a very serious problem. A NHSTA investigation should be started immediately. Hell, let’s get the FTC in on this too!

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
OMG - Hey Jeep, just spring for a few boxes of plates and make an end of the bad PR !
Yeah, honestly, I have to agree.

Regardless of the "when, where and why" the early versions had a different tag, and regardless of where anyone stands on the "is this a big deal or not" issue, you have to wonder, what would it really have cost Jeep to prevent this whole debate from ever happening in the first place, by simply sending the new, 392 specific plates to the people who had already purchased one, as nothing more than a simple measure of good will? Or even a token of appreciation of those early buyers?

10k? Maybe less? Maybe slightly more than what the multi-billion dollar company charges for a single Recon package, on a single Jeep Wrangler?

Hell, I'd bet they spend more on catering for a single, small scale company luncheon.

Personally, I don't really care that mine is the earlier version, it doesn't bother me in the least. But I do understand the irritation of those that do. Especially since the 392 is not just an "option" to select on any Wrangler, but rather a separate, stand-alone model of the Wrangler, that also happens to be the flagship for the brand.

But regardless of how I, or any of us feels... And much like Mike implied above, we shouldn't even be having this conversation. This is all a stupid PR miss, at least in my op.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Yeah, honestly, I have to agree.

Regardless of the "when, where and why" the early versions had a different tag, and regardless of where anyone stands on the "is this a big deal or not" issue, you have to wonder, what would it really have cost Jeep to prevent this whole debate from ever happening in the first place, by simply sending the new, 392 specific plates to the people who had already purchased one, as nothing more than a simple measure of good will? Or even a token of appreciation of those early buyers?

10k? Maybe less? Maybe slightly more than what the multi-billion dollar company charges for a single Recon package, on a single Jeep Wrangler?

Hell, I'd bet they spend more on catering for a single, small scale company luncheon.

Personally, I don't really care that mine is the earlier version, it doesn't bother me in the least. But I do understand the irritation of those that do. Especially since the 392 is not just an "option" to select on any Wrangler, but rather a separate, stand-alone model of the Wrangler, that also happens to be the flagship for the brand.

But regardless of how I, or any of us feels... And much like Mike implied above, we shouldn't even be having this conversation. This is all a stupid PR miss, at least in my op.
Precisely, how many of the early production ones got the wrong ones? At what cost per plate? Most likely well under 10k . I know I wouldn’t be happy if I got the wrong one! At 78k it’s not to much to expect the right $5 or so plate!
Sponsored