asuperheat

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
You guys are really spending a lot of time and energy on a pretty inconsequential part. I've seen it posted in several places (including the second post on the other thread here) that no 392s prior to this month had the gold info plates.

So it seems pretty believable that it wasn't some huge QA or manufacturing failure, but just something they added/changed during this years' run (it still may have been an oversight or error, but I really don't see it worth getting in some big huff about).

Keep in mind no one even noticed or cared about the huge water fording depth error until the gold plates came out - it's also instantly wrong again as soon as you get a lift/tires/etc.

Personally I'll happily keep my silver plate as a reminder that it was one of the first off the line.
I think It really goes to show you the differences in personality between say you and me I think. For me it's not the value of the tag or if I change a tire the plate is wrong. For me it is Jeep designed a plate for this Jeep and did not use it. Just said Fuck it who cares the people who by the top jeep really don't care and will right it off as it is a Jeep thing, you know just like you did.

Well I'm not that guy. I want stuff correct. If it is not right, it's wrong.

You probably live your life in that gray area, kind of like screw it its close enough, cant see it from my house kind of thing. That's great for you if you are happy and I understand it. Kind of like if you got let's say Standard shocks not Fox shocks you would be ok with that. You would probably say well their not Fox socks but heck at least I got shocks, its all good.

Jeep using the wrong badge is well wrong to me, not applying any effort to correct it is way worse to me than using the wrong plate and the reason I started this post. It is not something I will just except, I guess I just cant do it.

By the way if Jeep does not make this right, every one who ask about my 392 in every parking lo,t on every trail, at every Jeep event will hear this story about this plate and I plan to own this a long time. It's there decision to handle it this way, it is mine to voice my opinion about it.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I did involve the dealer, Corporate Jeep told them to pound sand. I dealt with it for 5 days before my post. Did not offer the dealer a part number and told them it was there fault somehow. They could not understand what that meant since the dealer did not build the Jeep. They went back through the order to confirm they did not miss checking a box or option when they placed the order. They did not miss anything Jeep just built it with the wrong plate.

Appreciate the insightful and helpful comment though.
This is why i worry about Jeep and the Grand Wagoneer.

yes the dealer ordered it right and Jeep built it within spec. But i would have assumed if you told the dealer it was important to you to get the plate they would make it right. And as their vehicles get more expensive more of their customers will have that expectation. Doesn’t mean they screwed up or that it can magically happen in a day. But the attitude should be “be patient with us and we will make it right.”

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a picture of this gold plate so that we mortals may compare?

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
That’s purdy. . . I would want the gold one cause it just kinda looks cool.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Is there a picture of this gold plate so that we mortals may compare?

I'll have installed pics in my bathroom as soon as it comes in. Gonna put it right next to the sign that reminds me to "LIVE LAUGH LOVE".

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
I thought it goes next to the "Keep Calm, Chive On" one. Dookey, didn't know you started shopping at Pier 1.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
If they had delayed the builds by 4 weeks so they could put the correct plates on them then people would be whining about having to wait.
Ding ding ding. I can just hear it..... "I can't believe it. They held up production waiting on a F-N plate, give me my Jeep and send me the plate later. Hell, put a Willys plate on it for all I care and send me the correct one later, unbelievable"
I hereby demand that Jeep manufacture a special, perfectly accurate plaque for my upcoming V6 Rubicon XR.

In fact, they should have a dozen different plaques depending on options ordered. Maybe even a hundred!
Ha! No doubt. I did a post on the other plaque-gate post about needing a part number for a 220 badge to put on my V6 like the 392 has, some color match Bronze paint to spray the hooks with and quad exhaust. It's okay if only two function as long as I can get the 4 tips :) Then I can have a sweet 392 clone. I mean with all of the 68-72 442 clones and 68-72 GTO clones running around why not. All kidding aside I didn't order 392 because I like being married but then I order a loaded up Rubi, then added the XR package and boom $70k msrp. The difference is it comes 7% below invoice. 392's are sticker if you're lucky.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Gees, if you can't trust your crew to wash and not scratch what the hell can you trust them to do? Rebuild transmissions?

I guess I 'm just spoiled with a great dealer... Tri Lakes Motors in Branson, MO.
Shout out to Branson, woot woot. N.W. Arkansas here.

Sponsored

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
Kind of like if you got let's say Standard shocks not Fox shocks you would be ok with that. You would probably say well their not Fox shocks but heck at least I got shocks, its all good.
That's a pretty flawed analogy. It's not like everyone else got a gold plate and you did not.

OP
OP
asuperheat

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
I asked Jeep to fly out a representative, take measurements of my Jeep with all the mods I've made, and send me a handmade updated plate via FedEx overnight. They said no. Pricks.
Same response I got LOL! At least they are consistent.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
It is kind of funny following the gold plate drama. There used to be a time if a customer complained after spending 80K on a vehicle, that sending a $3-4 plate to keep a happy customer was a no-brainer.

Ugh, I guess this is the "brave new world" we live in. Sad.

OP
OP
asuperheat

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
That's a pretty flawed analogy. It's not like everyone else got a gold plate and you did not.
No only the first 2700 give or take got the wrong plate, However the analogy was not that I'm the only one who got the wrong plate. Simply from your post you probably would be okay with something like that. I simply would not. Just differences of personality. Mine simply does not allow me to know something is incorrect and let it go as though it is. It's not easy being me.
Sponsored