Sponsored

Jeep's response to Silver VS gold tailgate Plates

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
I hereby demand that Jeep manufacture a special, perfectly accurate plaque for my upcoming V6 Rubicon XR.

In fact, they should have a dozen different plaques depending on options ordered. Maybe even a hundred!
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I'm going to order one and hang it in my bathroom.
Lol. Is it to remind you how deep you should go in your bathtub or have you recently switched to the new trend in fixture coloring (bronze/satin gold). :)

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Lol. Is it to remind you how deep you should go in your bathtub or have you recently switched to the new trend in fixture coloring (bronze/satin gold). :)

:CWL:

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
considering my dealer tried to sell this out from under us, also did no wash or make ready, because they said their staff couldn't be trusted to not scratch it. They said they would bring the plate in for me but it would be up to me to drill the old one out and install the new one.
Gees, if you can't trust your crew to wash and not scratch what the hell can you trust them to do? Rebuild transmissions?

I guess I 'm just spoiled with a great dealer... Tri Lakes Motors in Branson, MO.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I hereby demand that Jeep manufacture a special, perfectly accurate plaque for my upcoming V6 Rubicon XR.

In fact, they should have a dozen different plaques depending on options ordered. Maybe even a hundred!
100 would definitely be needed for all of the special editions!

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I would like to see the guy who's out there in the middle of a stream with a tape measure or yard stick trying to determine if it's exactly 31.5" or 33.7" deep before deciding to cross. Or the guy driving around with his rear tailgate ajar so people can see the gold/silver tag. That's like walking around with your pants below your hips.

OP
OP
asuperheat

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
It's amazing what folks get upset over in today's world. Seem to me to be easier to discuss with dealer and reconcile it without two strokes and a bypass.
I did involve the dealer, Corporate Jeep told them to pound sand. I dealt with it for 5 days before my post. Did not offer the dealer a part number and told them it was there fault somehow. They could not understand what that meant since the dealer did not build the Jeep. They went back through the order to confirm they did not miss checking a box or option when they placed the order. They did not miss anything Jeep just built it with the wrong plate.

Appreciate the insightful and helpful comment though.

OP
OP
asuperheat

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392

The issue is they did create a Rubicon 392 specific plate with accurate information. They did not install the correct plate that was designed for my Jeep on my Jeep.

I'm not asking for anything that does not exist. I don't want one designed, don't even care if they install it. But when you buy the first Jeep offered with a V8 in forty years and pay a premium for it you want the parts to match.

But I must say no wonder Jeep gets away with this stuff. Many of you have some pretty low standards for what's OK in your world.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
It's amazing what folks get upset over in today's world. Seem to me to be easier to discuss with dealer and reconcile it without two strokes and a bypass.
Our society is full of the self absorbed who freak out over such things. It is a national mental heath issue that is getting worse.

Sponsored

OP
OP
asuperheat

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
Our society is full of the self absorbed who freak out over such things. It is a national mental heath issue that is getting worse.
Not freaking out, Just want what I paid for and expect people to do the job they got paid to do.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Apathy and accepting mediocrity is what the problem is. People don't expect quality anymore, let alone demand it. That's why most Asian cars are better.

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
You guys are really spending a lot of time and energy on a pretty inconsequential part. I've seen it posted in several places (including the second post on the other thread here) that no 392s prior to this month had the gold info plates.

So it seems pretty believable that it wasn't some huge QA or manufacturing failure, but just something they added/changed during this years' run (it still may have been an oversight or error, but I really don't see it worth getting in some big huff about).

Keep in mind no one even noticed or cared about the huge water fording depth error until the gold plates came out - it's also instantly wrong again as soon as you get a lift/tires/etc.

Personally I'll happily keep my silver plate as a reminder that it was one of the first off the line.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
You guys are really spending a lot of time and energy on a pretty inconsequential part. I've seen it posted in several places (including the second post on the other thread here) that no 392s prior to this month had the gold info plates.

So it seems pretty believable that it wasn't some huge QA or manufacturing failure, but just something they added/changed during this years' run (it still may have been an oversight or error, but I really don't see it worth getting in some big huff about).

Keep in mind no one even noticed or cared about the huge water fording depth error until the gold plates came out - it's also instantly wrong again as soon as you get a lift/tires/etc.

Personally I'll happily keep my silver plate as a reminder that it was one of the first off the line.
That may be, but to charge people who didn't get the right plate $68 on a $74k rig is insane. That's an oil change or two. It's just plain not good business and now I know who to blame for Jeeps indifference. It's not like people said hey give us the tag or take the Jeep back. It's hey, you know we have the same 392 as the folks with the gold tag. You wanna make it right? Nope, unless you give us $68 more dollars. That's not the right approach to a loyal fanbase. That's my argument. Jeep fucked up and they should be embarrassed on their premiere product. I'll tell you I'd be pissed if my 4xe Rubicon said 4x because they hadn't designed the e yet. Dumb mfers (Jeep). Again, I don't have one but why shouldn't it be correct? Apparently I'm the only asshole that gets irritated when my McDonald's order is wrong, and that's only $6 or so. But it's okay when it's $74k? Weird.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
considering my dealer tried to sell this out from under us, also did no wash or make ready, because they said their staff couldn't be trusted to not scratch it. They said they would bring the plate in for me but it would be up to me to drill the old one out and install the new one.
That's ridiculous. You should hurt yourself while installing the new one and drum up a claim against the dealer.
Sponsored