Sponsored

Jeep's response to Silver VS gold tailgate Plates

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
considering my dealer tried to sell this out from under us, also did no wash or make ready, because they said their staff couldn't be trusted to not scratch it. They said they would bring the plate in for me but it would be up to me to drill the old one out and install the new one.
Was this the Columbia Jeep dealership? I
Sponsored

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
So, the water fording depth is unchanged even with bigger tires? 😕
I'm not seriously taking these tags as a guide to safe fording depth. I see that tag as a bit of fun nostalgia. I'm not that interested in submerging all the gear cases, wheel speed sensors without a good look at gear case vent heights, sensor wiring connections, etc.

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Precisely, how many of the early production ones got the wrong ones? At what cost per plate? Most likely well under 10k . I know I wouldn’t be happy if I got the wrong one! At 78k it’s not to much to expect the right $5 or so plate!
I’d feel like I had a fake 392! Glad both of mine have gold plates.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
lol, sorry to hear that. This is ironic as hell, especially in the face of Ford doing everything they can to make Bronco owners happy.

XD

So is Chrysler's customer service REALLY telling people to "just buy the new plate"? XD

I can't help it. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Fucking Chrysler. That's just like them to do that.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I’d feel like I had a fake 392! Glad both of mine have gold plates.
The more rare a classic car is the more it’s worth. Wouldn’t it be ironic if the few with the wrong plate end up being worth more?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Look up “first world problem” in the dictionary and you’ll find a link to this thread

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Look up “first world problem” in the dictionary and you’ll find a link to this thread
Of course! We are the first world. Therefore, we have first world problems. What we don‘t have enough of are first world solutions to those first world problems. Hence, this thread. 😁

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I looked. It wasn't there.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Are the xr's getting a new plate, or are their owners going to be crying about having "incorrect information"? Lifted your jeep...incorrect information. Changed tires...incorrect information. The bronze/gold placard was something they added after the initial run. You may not like the response, but they don't owe you anything. You bought yours before the new placard existed. I'm pretty sure with the range of ride heights posted by multiple users, some Sahara sitting higher than rubicons, Some rubicons sitting at average sport heights etc. that the vast majority of JL's out there have "inaccurate information" on their placards. Removing the top and doors will result in a significant change in ride height, there goes the accurate information.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Are the xr's getting a new plate, or are their owners going to be crying about having "incorrect information"? Lifted your jeep...incorrect information. Changed tires...incorrect information. The bronze/gold placard was something they added after the initial run. You may not like the response, but they don't owe you anything. You bought yours before the new placard existed. I'm pretty sure with the range of ride heights posted by multiple users, some Sahara sitting higher than rubicons, Some rubicons sitting at average sport heights etc. that the vast majority of JL's out there have "inaccurate information" on their placards. Removing the top and doors will result in a significant change in ride height, there goes the accurate information.
not a new plate, but has an asterisk showing 35” tire info 

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep's response to Silver VS gold tailgate Plates A242F824-74B2-4AD4-81EF-AC1DE3298FC1
Sponsored