First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Are the xr's getting a new plate, or are their owners going to be crying about having "incorrect information"? Lifted your jeep...incorrect information. Changed tires...incorrect information. The bronze/gold placard was something they added after the initial run. You may not like the response, but they don't owe you anything. You bought yours before the new placard existed. I'm pretty sure with the range of ride heights posted by multiple users, some Sahara sitting higher than rubicons, Some rubicons sitting at average sport heights etc. that the vast majority of JL's out there have "inaccurate information" on their placards. Removing the top and doors will result in a significant change in ride height, there goes the accurate information.
Jeep specifically said it was their error the bronze wasnt put on some of the 392s and all 392s regardless of dob shld have it and they bent over backwards to get me mine.
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Jeep specifically said it was their error the bronze wasnt put on some of the 392s and all 392s regardless of dob shld have it and they bent over backwards to get me mine.
Are you going to swap it out our keep the silver one on there? I would at least keep the silver one with the vehicle as it is one of those weird one offs that may add value to the first batch. Well, that is 50 years down the road, but you never know.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Are you going to swap it out our keep the silver one on there? I would at least keep the silver one with the vehicle as it is one of those weird one offs that may add value to the first batch. Well, that is 50 years down the road, but you never know.
Keeping the silver in place... installing the correct one... someplace... i haven't thought of the perfect spot. I wish it fit vertically on the dash or glovebox somewhere.... but idk.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

If you ever get a tailgate table that replaces the plastic piece, you could install it there. That is where I place my trail badges.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
If you ever get a tailgate table that replaces the plastic piece, you could install it there. That is where I place my trail badges.
Pic please... ive been looking at them.... just haven't chosen one yet!

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
That plaque is the reason I haven't bought a lift or new tires. I really wanted 35" tires but then my angles and fording depth would be wrong. I thought about getting custom plaques for each modification, but I thought it'd just be safer to keep the vehicle stock.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

That plaque is the reason I haven't bought a lift or new tires. I really wanted 35" tires but then my angles and fording depth would be wrong. I thought about getting custom plaques for each modification, but I thought it'd just be safer to keep the vehicle stock.
I am guessing you are kidding here. Same reason I did not buy the 392, did not want to worry about the wrong color plaque. LOL