Sponsored

Jeeps parking next to Jeeps... post yours!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The older Jeep’s were flipped way more easily though.
No....not in the sense that Suzuki Samurais were unstable, for example. I recall zero press on the issue of Wranglers being dangerous in that manner, nor did my YJ ever give me cause for concern with its handling. It wasn't a sports car, of course, and could be rolled if the driver put some effort in. That's true of any number of vehicles, though.

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
No....not in the sense that Suzuki Samurais were unstable, for example. I recall zero press on the issue of Wranglers being dangerous in that manner, nor did my YJ ever give me cause for concern with its handling. It wasn't a sports car, of course, and could be rolled if the driver put some effort in. That's true of any number of vehicles, though.
60 min. is the "news" outlet that made it appear that jeeps rolled easily. They should have been raked over the coals for the false reporting they did. They installed weights under the wheel wells to "simulate load". And then it took them over 75 takes to just get 3 roll overs if I remember correctly. That is the reason the name changed from CJ to wrangler. CJ had bad press, so when chrysler bought it out from AMC, they tagged it wrangler. All over lies.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
60 min. is the "news" outlet that made it appear that jeeps rolled easily. They should have been raked over the coals for the false reporting they did. They installed weights under the wheel wells to "simulate load". And then it took them over 75 takes to just get 3 roll overs if I remember correctly.

That is the reason the name changed from CJ to wrangler. CJ had bad press, so when chrysler bought it out from AMC, they tagged it wrangler. All over lies.
A family member owned a Chevrolet truck when Dateline originally broadcast their "exploding fuel tanks" slander. He received a [modest, IMO] discount voucher from GM that was to be used toward the purchase of a new truck, if he wanted to do so in response to concerns regarding the integrity of the fuel tank on his truck. Like Chrysler, General Motors was put on the defensive over similar prevarication.

Consumer Reports pulled similar crap regarding the alleged rollover risk of the Suzuki Samurai. That magazine is still published, though, and Dateline is still on the air. A pox on both their houses.

Edit: Too much thread drift on my part. We now return to our regular schedule of Jeeps parking next to other Jeeps. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Neither are mine, because it was getting a rest in the garage during our vacation, but saw these two in Beaufort, NC while waiting for the ferry.

WkG-wajg7FFYzTr?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Found a cool YJ at the Mercedes service shop when taking my uncle's RV in for a wheel sensor. With LED headlamps! Of course they could have been any random 12V motion-sensor lamps, I should have looked closer. One benefit of rectangle lamps, I suppose.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps parking next to Jeeps... post yours! 20210802_161410

Two Sprinter-based RVs in the family, and I swear that the service people are confused and try to tell us to go elsewhere everytime they go in for work.