Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Almost as soon as I placed my order I started to notice how many Jeeps there were in my town. Jeeps everywhere. Soft tops, hard tops, 2-doors, 4-doors. And it’s summer so many of them were running topless. If this is happening to you, don’t fret. It’s actually a form of frequency bias called the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon where basically being made aware of a thing makes you more attune to seeing it in the world around you.

How about you? Suffering from a bit of Jeep related Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon lately?
Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I've simply had this since I was like 9 for Jeeps. Just wanted one for so long I always notice them.
But I do always have an eye for the kinds of vehicles I've owned previously.

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Just made about a 500 mile up to Ruidoso New Mexico and back last weekend and seen a ton of Jeeps. Surprised I didn't see another like mine in Gobi, I love the color but it doesn't seem to be very popular. White seemed to be the most popular color.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
It’s actually a form of frequency bias called the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon where basically being made aware of a thing makes you more attune to seeing it in the world around you.
Ghosts. Definitely. 😬
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps Jeeps Everywhere 1660098633395

Wranglin'n'Danglin

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport Unlimited
Just made about a 500 mile up to Ruidoso New Mexico and back last weekend and seen a ton of Jeeps. Surprised I didn't see another like mine in Gobi, I love the color but it doesn't seem to be very popular. White seemed to be the most popular color.
I think its less about popularity and more about rarity. Gobi is gorgeous. I wish I had the opportunity to get it on my 2023 order. Instead, I elected for something I also think will be a bit unique and uncommon - Earl.

I almost ordered white until Earl was announced. The contrast of black accents on white (and Gobi) just make the Jeep pop a little more visually.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Same thing would happen if you were buying a Subaru, you'd be on the lookout for them.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
True. Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon isn’t exclusive to Jeeps.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I went to dinner tonight. When selecting a parking spot I noticed 2 other Wranglers side by side with a slip open next to them. I took it and smiled, 3 Wranglers in a row. When we walked out an hour or so later there were three more in the parking lot. My wife commented on them... I just smiled. Mine, of course - was the coolest ;-).

Last edited:

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

My wife and I went to dinner tonight. When selecting a parking spot I noticed 2 other Wranglers side by side with a slip open next to them. I took it and smiled, 3 Wranglers in a row. When we walked out an hour or so later there were three more in the parking lot. My wife commented on them... I just smiled. Mine, or course - was the coolest ;-).
Pics or it didn't happen. :LOL:

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

My wife and I went to dinner tonight. When selecting a parking spot I noticed 2 other Wranglers side by side with a slip open next to them. I took it and smiled, 3 Wranglers in a row. When we walked out an hour or so later there were three more in the parking lot. My wife commented on them... I just smiled. Mine, or course - was the coolest ;-).
Talk about being stuck in the middle... I took the opportunity to sandwich myself at the dealer lot for some warranty service. Three Snazzberries but mine is the badazz two door!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps Jeeps Everywhere tempImagecixNYY

Sponsored

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
I think its less about popularity and more about rarity. Gobi is gorgeous. I wish I had the opportunity to get it on my 2023 order. Instead, I elected for something I also think will be a bit unique and uncommon - Earl.

I almost ordered white until Earl was announced. The contrast of black accents on white (and Gobi) just make the Jeep pop a little more visually.
What's funny is I didn't look at it as gorgeous, I looked at it as practical, It blends in with the ranch (Hell it blends in with Texas) and the lighter color doesn't get so hot during the summer. The majority of it's time will be spent on the ranch. As for me getting the Willys, I'm going to blame that on being an old Texas Veteran.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
In addition to Wranglers, I see plenty of Renegades, Grand Cherokees, Gladiators, and Cherokees around here. Seems to be Jeep country.

BillyBaroo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
There are a lot of Jeeps "Wranglers" in my smaller community. It is not uncommon to see 15 just going to the grocery store and back.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

White and black are pretty much tied for first place.