DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’m super excited as I’m picking the Jeep up in the morning. This all reminds me of when I used to post questions on other Jeep forums about my JK. I’ll probably get an AEV lift as they are stocked in the UK and I’ve noticed Rubicon wheels and tyres for sale on eBay but I’m not prepared to pay £1.5k extra on a new Jeep. Gigs Tyres who I’ve used before sell the BFG in odd sizes and cheaper too. But I’ll wait till my tyres start to wear out. I’ve attached a pic the dealer just sent me of my Jeep waiting for me. Again, I appreciate all the help guys now I have to show some restraint with the upgrades. Paul

9C3B5390-FF21-4274-8BD2-DCA7412CBB61.jpeg
Congratulations! Looks great!!
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Forum. I swapped out the KM2's to KO2's almost immediately on my JLU Rubicon because they're crap in the rain and even more fun on icy roads. We have the exact same stock wheels as US JL's so the standard US fit 285/70R17's (as opposed to standard UK spec 255/75R17) are a straightforward fit.

I'm told that UK spec JL's have slightly narrower (shorter) DANA axles to comply with regulations on keeping the wheels under the wheel arches so you need to be careful about tires larger than 285/70's rubbing at full lock unless you buy alloys with a different offset
Another vote here for the KO2. I don't understand why the KM2 is still even offered.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I'd go with an AEV 2" spacer lift. I have one on my JK with the 33's I swapped from my JL Rubicon. I've run that lift for about 90k miles and it has been excellent. I've run the hell out of it on and off road, including trips to Colorado and Moab and it performed beautifully. The big advantage is that it keeps the drivability close to stock. It won't take any more than 2" to run the 33's, anyway. I think the height will be aesthetically perfect with that size tire. Not to mention, they are an easy install and inexpensive, especially when shipping overseas is factored into it. I'm pretty sure you'd have the option of keeping the stock shocks, too, if you wanted.

Man would I love to drive all over the UK in a JL! What a blast that would be on the country roads! You should take a trip over to the Mach loop in Wales and check out the fighter jets as they cruise by!
just discovered the Mach Loop on youtube the other day. Got stuck watching a few videos. Absolutely amazing! Added it to my bucket list!

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@Paul uk welcome aboard, Brit living in the US here!

I have 33s on my Sahara (KO2s), no lift, but I did change out the wheels to Pro Comp 17”, as 17” tires are more readily available.

F169CEC0-ABED-45B5-990A-49A2022A576D.jpeg

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, Sahara with 33s, no lift, Fuel wheels.

2019-01-24%20(1).jpg

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Hello everyone

Here’s my story. 2 1/2 years ago I sold my JK and bought a Golf GTI as I was getting married. I’ve regretted it to this day (selling the Jeep not getting married ). I live in London, England where Land Rovers are everywhere and Jeeps are exceptionally rare. I’ve never seen a JL on our roads. Anyhow I’ve waited 18 months for JL prices to drop. Eventually one day my wife called me at work and told me to get down to a Jeep garage. There was an offer due to an overstock of Sahara’s at the docks. I ordered one straight away in Billet Silver. Normally the 4 door retails for $64,000 (no joke) but with a hefty discount of $7,700 and 0% on any remaining finance. I managed to get a fantastic deal and I’ll be back in a Jeep this weekend when I pick it up. It’s the 2.0l petrol. Anyhow I really wanted a Rubicon but as I’ll be using this for commuting I want to be sensible and run 33” all terrains.

I’ve spent the week searching but I can’t find the answers. Will I need a lift kit? Would love to see pics of 33s with and without a lift. Also what all terrains do people recommend. (I commute 30 miles each way in London mostly highway in rotten traffic. Takes 2 hours each way).

I appreciate any advice you have on subtle upgrades. Done the 35” tire thing in my last Jeep. Just not practical with out gas prices.
Thanks

Paul
It sounds to me like it will be much easier to pack up your luggage and move to Oregon.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Toyo Open Country 33s, no lift, no rubbing, inches of clearance at full steer, and I have off-roaded it and had it off camber.

Congrats on getting back into a Jeep!

9772A65D-913C-432F-B699-D0BFAB62A0EB.jpeg
Sponsored