Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Wow! Spending a week of vacation on Maui and had no idea the number of Jeeps here. I will venture to guess that 95% are rentals. Mostly 4dr Sports or Saharas. Nobody waves... probably first time experience for the renters.

Fairly easy to spot the locals... more 2drs, some mods and dirty.

Makes me miss mine.
Sponsored

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
Wow! Spending a week of vacation on Maui and had no idea the number of Jeeps here. I will venture to guess that 95% are rentals. Mostly 4dr Sports or Saharas. Nobody waves... probably first time experience for the renters.

Makes me miss mine.
Enjoy paradise!

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Went to Maui and Kauai for my honeymoon in 2019 and had a rented JKU on Maui and enjoyed it but wasnt impressed overall. Rented a JLU on Kauai and loved it. Its wild how much better the JL is over the JK in every way. Bought my JLUR a few months later.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I love Maui, I hope you have a great time!

We rent a Jeep every time we go to Hawaii. Given the current rental prices though, I might have to rent a Uhaul and pack the sawzall next time.

Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
We rented one last summer, and weā€™re going to the big island in a couple months and renting one again! Last time I forgot my tool kit to get the Jeep naked! Wonā€™t make that mistake again! I bought a ratchet and torx sockets, but had to really search for the bigger torx.

Just had the thought right now that I should take my mirrors and foot pegs this time!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps in Hawaii! 018419E3-217C-4064-B4A2-2E5F95215678

Last edited:

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
^ Big Island is incredibleā€¦ If I had the chance to live there, Iā€™d move there in less than a heartbeat.

If you have a chance while there, do the sunset snorkel/scuba session with the Giant Manta Rays (if you havenā€™t already, of course)!

Cheers,
-CM-

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
^ Big Island is incredibleā€¦ If I had the chance to live there, Iā€™d move there in less than a heartbeat.

If you have a chance while there, do the sunset snorkel/scuba session with the Giant Manta Rays (if you havenā€™t already, of course)!

Cheers,
-CM-
Yup, weā€™re already booked for the night time manta ray snorkeling! People say itā€™s an amazing experience! Weā€™ve watched a lot of YouTube videos and read articles on what to do. Iā€™m a little hesitant about some of the off roading Iā€™ve planned out in a rental though. It is some gnarly terrain there!

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Yup, weā€™re already booked for the night time manta ray snorkeling! People say itā€™s an amazing experience! Weā€™ve watched a lot of YouTube videos and read articles on what to do. Iā€™m a little hesitant about some of the off roading Iā€™ve planned out in a rental though. It is some gnarly terrain there!
Woohoo! Yes, definitely gnarly terrain from the lavaā€¦ thereā€™s a good reason why the Iron Man is run there, lol. I always chuckle at the Hawaiian name of the one type of lavaā€¦ ā€œAā€™aā€, because it would cut their feet when walking across it. šŸ˜› :giggle:

I posted a video on my YT channel (Greyflash Productions) on the manta ray experience ā€” totally epic, we had 14 show up the night I went.

Itā€™s probably the easiest scuba dive ever: drop down 30 feet, sit on the bottomthen surface.:like::like:

(Apologies for the self-promotion, lol!)

Cheers,
-CM-

Sponsored

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman

Makes me miss mine.
I remember 2 years ago on Maui they wanted me to pay for an upgrade to the unlimited... I declined and they gave it to me anyways. lol... I forget the rental company...thru Costco

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Probably the second most popular vehicle out here just below Toyota Tacomasā€¦ :like:

Wave from the airplane as you fly over Oahu!

Cheers,
-CM-
will do... Monday about 11pm. šŸ™

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Cheers,
-CM-
Did that... just before Covid in 2019. Awesome! My sister in law got seasick and the 'chum' made things even better at her expense! Crazy as we were plenty close enough to swim to shore.

KrisEdward

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Have lots of family from Oahu. Tacoma love is real my goodness. Anyways, can't get myself to rent a Jeep when it's almost twice my monthly payment for my Jeep. But I sure thought about it lol. Having said that, besides the routine rain my soft top would live down. Island breeze just hits ya differently.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Reminiscent of our first time in Maui.
My wife found a rental " special low price".
2005 sport.
For my first jeep experience, at highway speed the soft top was flapping like it was gonna rip off.
Me and the wife looked at each other and just laughed our ass"s off.
The black carpet for the most part was gone, the transmission tunnel was smokin hot with no carpet.
It actually drove really nice, with the radio on 11.
Just pulled into our resort, and waiting for our room keys.

NCM_0036.jpg

NCM_0052.jpg
Sponsored