Jeeps and dogs

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
My dog loves the Jeep so much that there are times I just open the back and let him just lay in there while I’m working in the garage. It’s his comfort spot.

7ACB5D18-798F-4B88-AF5E-69CFBEF958C5.jpeg

Or in his other favorite position.

97FFB512-1B78-41F2-9F9C-533641EA7C66.jpeg
That is a beautiful dog. Looks exactly like my best friend who I lost to cancer a few years back. He was the same loved my truck, I even took out the back seat so he could have all the space he needed. His favorite place to go was Subway for a Chicken Sandwich and half a bag or Frito's

Shadow Best.jpg
Sponsored

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
@Pat’s Sahara Unlimited and @SecretChimp - How’s your ThinSkinz holding up? Just came across them and thinking about getting a set for my two GSDs…
sorry, I missed Pat’s initial request for feedback.

I love them. No issues with wear and tear and I have two big slobbering Labs with long toenails. Money well spent because they trash car/truck doors. When I drive with the windows down, it invites them to lean on the door with their nose out.

when I first got my Jeep, I built a cushioned platform in front of the back seat to expand their bed area and added one of those protective dogs hammocks. So my seats are already protected and these door guards were a nice finish to the project.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
My JLR is purpose-built for touring and trail with two Hoomans and two small Pups...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs IMG_3449.JPG

Here you see the essentials. Two crates so they don't crash into each other. When the going gets rough they hunker down and brace themselves against the cushion. I added a DIY headliner using a windshield sun shade and extended the vents so they get A/C blowing on them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs IMG_3530.JPG

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
So, not my dog, and the pic is not in my Jeep, but this guy walked up our driveway early Friday evening and started hanging out like it was his place.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 0tc56nI1EllVuBz?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

He was very well behaved and friendly, and became the first dog to ride in my Jeep as we cruised the area hoping to find someone out looking for him. We posted on several online lost pet apps, and let him hang out for a bit. His owner came and got him a couple hours later.

But I forgot to ask his owner, so I'll ask here. Anyone know what breed this, or is he a mix? Is he a Labradoodle? I didn't think they got that big. He reached about mid to upper-thigh in height.

Last edited:

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
So, not my dog, and the pic is not in my Jeep, but this guy walked up our driveway early Friday evening and started hanging out like it was his place.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 0tc56nI1EllVuBz?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

He was very well behaved and friendly, and became the first dog to ride in my Jeep as we cruised the area hoping to find someone out looking for him. We posted on several online lost pet apps, and let him hang out for a bit. His owner came and got him a couple hours later.

But I forgot to ask his owner, so I'll ask here. Anyone know what breed this, or is he a mix? Is he a Labradoodle? I didn't think they got that big. He reached about mid to upper-thigh in height.
he could be Labradoodle, lots of different looks. that's what mine is and he looks very different but he got lots of lab in the mix. if the mix of standard poodle they get 60 to 80 lbs

Sponsored

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport 2 door manual

Punkindug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392
I just received my thinskinz. someone posted pics and a link. Whomever did thanks!! Fast shipping and easy install. The concept and execution is awesome. Initial impression is they should hold up well and protect the rear doors great. They are however very shiny. I do think a matte finish would look better but probably would show scratches or marks so I understand why shiny is a better finish. Well made. Does this company make any other products or are they thinking of making additional products that anyone knows of?

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I just received my thinskinz. someone posted pics and a link. Whomever did thanks!! Fast shipping and easy install. The concept and execution is awesome. Initial impression is they should hold up well and protect the rear doors great. They are however very shiny. I do think a matte finish would look better but probably would show scratches or marks so I understand why shiny is a better finish. Well made. Does this company make any other products or are they thinking of making additional products that anyone knows of?
Hi! Thanks for posting about us. Super cool you are happy with them. We did tried making them less shiny but, #1 we couldn't get the right matte and texture we wanted and # 2 - It did show more scratches and marks if matte....We will continue to improve the formulation as this was our very first production run. We Only make the ThinSkinz door protectors for Jeep JLs and JTs at the moment. Early next year Tacomas and 4Runners after that.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 20210731_195355

labradoodle or Goldendoodle looks more English cream Goldendoodle to me

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
the thing i dont like is the rear seat is too skinny and my dog has a tough time staying on it. he keeps partially falling into the foot area.
If i put the seats down that solves that but really it gives him too much room then, plus I want to put other stuff back there.
I'm kinda looking for something to fill the foot area that he can stand on.

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
I’ve had the pleasure of stopping as the dog flung her self out of the Jeep. Right out the window. When the tops off she lays her paws on the rear fender. We use a seat belt with her harness and it works great. Some times she likes to join us up front
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs CF3301EA-CBC3-4132-BD85-06193FD9813C
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 8A85112F-D22E-4950-BC48-3D706E2A3FE9

moonlit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I built a deck that lays on the folded down seats . I also needed to widen the area because of the doors and to cover the footwell areas. I also built in a restraint loop to tether her to so she is not able to get to far (and protect in case of a quick stop etc)

20210902_193613.jpg
Sponsored