Jeeps and dogs

Patā€™s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
HI everyone!!! Just cam upon this which is a must for Jeeping dogs!!! It's molded door interior covers for you JL and JLUs. Just ordered a pair for the back"

www.thinskinz.com

Just received my thinskinz. 10 seconds to install...

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs C63ED860-92DC-4BEA-9635-7F5D65B539B4

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 47A254F8-EDE7-4DE0-866D-9096F4FBEFD8
Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Nice. I'd get them in a lighter colour or light tan in a heartbeat. Fronts too.

Hate opening the door in the summer with the sun behind, and everything in the door panel is broiling in 30 seconds, then you have that hot panel next to you as you drive. Dog sits in front too.

Last edited:

Patā€™s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Exactly what I need (2 large drooling, wet labs). Ordered a pair. Thanks.
Let me know how you like them. had them for over a month, still holding good, no rattles. already saved tons of scratches from the dogs...

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Well, soon to be doing some testing! My 12 year lab passed away Feb. 13th this year, canā€™t be without my Buddy! So hereā€˜s my new ā€œBossā€ had my breeder do a great job, got my pick for another light Yellow Male picked up 3 weeks ago! Heā€™s now 11 weeks old and a terror to say the least but heā€™ll be great! So Lots of rides in the Willys, need to get some good protection for the Jeep. This little guys a terror! But Labs are my budā€™s. The black seats donā€™t work with yellow labs!

977DDA98-8D49-48FD-9F8F-4295D6D6A67A.jpeg

Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Got my ear chewed by the wife yesterday for taking our car trained pup for a ride that included a topless highway stint. To be fair, I was a bit leery of it, but she actually did really well - pretty quickly realized the wind was too much in the backseat and came up front with me where the windows gave her some protection. I'm excited to start taking her out on adventures again!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Night King rides in the back seat. I just tether his leash to the roll bar and he does really well. I tried with the doors off and he did good but I was nervous the whole time so the rear doors will stay on when he rides.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 5D6A5784-B52D-4BDB-969B-A313A1473249

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 5D6A5784-B52D-4BDB-969B-A313A1473249
That is an awfully unique looking dog. Very cool.

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Thought I would share my setup. Itā€™s from K9 Outfitters. Really well made and does a great job of giving her just enough lead to have her nose in the wind. I clip it do the breast clip of a harness.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 58621C60-F9F5-497A-B9CD-3A0EEFA7A590

Sponsored

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
Hi all --- my apologies for what is likely a question asked many times, but I'm a new Jeep owner here (2DR JL Sport S, absolutely love it btw!). Basically, I am wondering about what others do with regard to having your dogs in the back when the top is down --- I guess what I am worried about is safety on the road or trail... E.g., I'd hate to have them see a squirrel, and jump out at a stop sign! I actually bought a couple of dog car harnesses from an outfit in Germany after looking at some reviews (https://www.kleinmetall.de/), but it seems like that might be overkill? I was just curious about the rule-of-thumb for those of us who are both Jeep owners and owners of crazy fun-loving dogs!
I just bought a jeep JLU last month, and also have a boxer who I was very worried would jump out. He's used to convertibles, but the back seats in those were lower. The jeep backseat is high, and easy to jump out of. I bought a harness and he actually adjusted quickly and well to it. It gives him freedom to put his head up on the seat back, lay down, position closer to the door or middle of seat as he pleases and keeps him secure. He's a party boy, and I can just see him taking a flying leap out if he saw a squirrel or another dog. A harness is not overkill - it's being a smart dog owner.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I just put the dog bed in the back. Weather tops on or not. My old girl just chills while we drove. This was from a week ago driving out to Parker az to take her swimming and handle some work things

5075E32C-6AFB-45B5-8F83-ACF05CD3A323.jpeg

8F7D77F4-F479-4B1A-93A6-2321ADD81F32.jpeg

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase