Jeeps and dogs

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Yep I am a Kurgo guy too - their leash and harness are pretty awesome although I do think that their quality has gone down for the past two years. I also use Kurgo seat cover for both of my car. The seatbelt tether is pretty amazing and sturdily made. I highly recommend all of them.

1kurgo.jpg

1-kurgo2.jpg

1-kurgo3.jpg
for some reason the little guy doesn't look happy at all
Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
We use the Kurgo harness and seat belt tether to secure our golden retriever (7 months old) in the rear seat of the Jeep. Only issue is the way he moves around back there sometimes the tether will unbuckle and we may not notice til we arrive to our destination.

How have your dogs responded to driving doorless? do you go on the highway or just stay local if the dog is in the Jeep?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
We use the Kurgo harness and seat belt tether to secure our golden retriever (7 months old) in the rear seat of the Jeep. Only issue is the way he moves around back there sometimes the tether will unbuckle and we may not notice til we arrive to our destination.

How have your dogs responded to driving doorless? do you go on the highway or just stay local if the dog is in the Jeep?
Why does the tether come undone ? That negates the whole purpose of the system, is it a Kurgo tether issue, or what ?
Thanks in advance

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

what is a dog belt? toss em in the back and call it a day

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Why does the tether come undone ? That negates the whole purpose of the system, is it a Kurgo tether issue, or what ?
Thanks in advance
My guess is with his paw he accidentally pushes on the seat belt clip orange button "just right" that makes it unbuckle. When it has happened it's when he's sitting in the middle between the 2 kids. When it's just the dog or with only one child he can sit more to the side of the buckle.

Sponsored

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
for some reason the little guy doesn't look happy at all
Haha stop instigating Kluk - that's stock photo for Kurgo seat covers!!! I don't know what are the "happy" look for a dog unless you consider a photo with their mouth open as happy. In that case good luck getting them!

There I bought my dog an ice cream in sn attempt to make him laugh for you but hmm don't think it's working as I expected. :LOL:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 20210320_154943

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 20210320_154833

Last edited:

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker

I have very good experience with the tether for my two dogs. Main reason I got the tether was to drive with the top off - so that my dogs does not jump out (wheaten Terrier and Tibetan Terrier have chasing instinct). It has been great. I tucked the seatbelt buckle UNDER the flaps on the Kurgo cover and the cannot accidently unbuckle the seat belt as it is hidden underneath the thick cover!

Kurgo have an item that you can use to lock the belt buckle if you are having problem. 8 bought two of them but I found out that I don't need it so I return it. Works fantastic as it is very secure just a bit of a hassle in unbuckling the belt but it is not a deal killer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeeps and dogs 31AbP+IA9oL._AC_SY580_

Thanks in advance
I only have good experience with Kurgo product from the harness with the special metal clip (last for over 10 years and going strong) to all three seat covers to belt tether. The most sturdy and best dog utilities there. For my leash I love Lupine Dog leashes! Cheers :like:

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
what is a dog belt? toss em in the back and call it a day
Until you brake hard and they come flying in the windshield or your neck...

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Until you brake hard and they come flying in the windshield or your neck...
hasnt happened in 20 years of driving for me and never with my Pops in his 50 years of driving. always had our dogs in the bed of a truck no leash. some will complain but if you pay attention to your driving and things around you and drive the speed limit its all gonna be ok.

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hasnt happened in 20 years of driving for me and never with my Pops in his 50 years of driving. always had our dogs in the bed of a truck no leash. some will complain but if you pay attention to your driving and things around you and drive the speed limit its all gonna be ok.
Not trying to pick a fight or anything... You mean that you never had to do hard braking in your life to avoid a moron in a parking lot, at a crossroad or anything?

in any case, it’s illegal here in Quebec to have unthetered dogs in the back seat let alone in the bed of a truck. and I wouldn’t trust my dogs not to jump out of the bed to run after a squirrel they see or another dog on a stroll. As much as I love my dogs, the male sometimes is not the sharpest tool in the shed... But I live in an urban area. I’m sure that if I’d be in a more rural setting, I’d be less strict...

Sponsored

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HI everyone!!! Just cam upon this which is a must for Jeeping dogs!!! It's molded door interior covers for you JL and JLUs. Just ordered a pair for the back"

www.thinskinz.com

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2dr and I am looking for options for cargo netting on the rear when the top is off. I cant believe that Dirty Dog is the only option out there and it is very expensive for what you get. I use USA mesh top so its just the side and back portion that would need coverage.
Sponsored