Jeepin' the Dream III

CharlieMac1969

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Yes, waiting to see the pictures while being stuck in NC.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
He thinks I get enough vacation time to do this....

200 (2).gif

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I am now lumped into the “anyone else” group. With that said, as soon as vacation requests open for next year, I’ll be putting in a request for 3 weeks in August.
LOL!!! Sorry Brett. Maybe if you returned my damn calls I'd loop you in!!! ;)

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer

Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
@chevymitchell @jdubya421 @Ran4 @Taznc
Did you guys make it back safely? How was the trip? I'm looking forward to seeing pics/videos of this epic trip..
Here you go. I changed the permissions to the link to View only. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of pics and videos. I'll go through and choose a bunch for the thread, but this link will have everything people have contributed thus far.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oF63EMEsPInTjfixUiSznPwBWuwMs7hD?usp=sharing

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Here you go. I changed the permissions to the link to View only. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of pics and videos. I'll go through and choose a bunch for the thread, but this link will have everything people have contributed thus far.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oF63EMEsPInTjfixUiSznPwBWuwMs7hD?usp=sharing
Incredible...Definitely a bucketlist trip. Looking forward to your thoughts on favorite trails and seeing cool videos. Also curious about which trails you felt were the toughest.. :beer:

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport; 2014 Grand Cherokee Ltd

Thank you for the pic link. Reminds me of how much I miss Colorado! Hope to get back there for retirement IF I can afford it.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd

That video where you had to back up while your nose went to the sky - wow. Good reflex on the brake release. Or did you slam it into reverse? Can’t imagine not having a manual in that situation.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
That video where you had to back up while your nose went to the sky - wow. Good reflex on the brake release. Or did you slam it into reverse? Can’t imagine not having a manual in that situation.
I've put myself in that type of situation quite a few times trying different things. When you wheel with an auto, you should always be prepared to move the shifter into neutral and let go of the brake. It's a technique that takes practice. Going into Reverse isn't always wise because reverse rolling backwards will still act like you're hitting the brake. Unless you're in a situation where you need reverse and to hit the gas, which is rare, just put it in the neutral and let gravity put the front end back down.
Sponsored