Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
**Updated 31JUL20**

Jeepin' the Dream I - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeepin-the-dream.10162/
Jeepin' the Dream II - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeepin-the-dream-ii.31009/

Good morning everyone. It's that time of year again, but this time I'm bringing friends. Over the last couple years, I have met more Jeepers that have turned into really good friends. This time around there's 7 Jeeps with 9 people. All of us are from NC.

The plan for this year is to drive to Ouray and wheel for 3-4 days. Then hit up Moab for 3-4 days. On the way home, we're gonna run Holy Cross. Upon completing Holy Cross, we'll camp one more night and then drive home to NC.

While we're in Ouray, we'll be staying at the KOA. In Moab, we're camping on the Colorado River just SW of Moab a few miles. This is going to be such an awesome trip. If anyone else would like to join (Short notice, I know), we have room at both locations for more tents.

If you're already there, swing by and say what's up!! All Jeepers welcome.

Here are the coordinates to our campsites:
Ouray KOA - 38.080650, -107.708314
Moab - 38.576497, -109.634822

This Jeepin' the Dream trip is on its 3rd iteration and I hope it will continue to grow. Here's a list of the people and Jeeps joining:

@chevymitchell - 2020 JL Rubicon Recon 2DR / Bikini / 33's / 2.0L Auto
@jdubya421 & Becca- 2020 JL Rubicon 2DR / Sting Gray / 33's / 3.6L Manual
@Ran4 - 2019 JL Sahara 4DR / White / 35's / 2.0L Auto
@Taznc - 2020 JT / Hydro Blue / 37's / 3.6L Auto
Tom & Stephanie - 2011 JK Sport 2 Dr / Maroon / 37's / 3.8L Auto
Russ - 2014 JK Sport 2DR / Amp'd / Rubi T-Case / Trussed / RCV's / 3-Link / 37's / 3.6L Auto
Aaron - 2012 JK Sport 2DR / Rubi T-Case / 35's / 3.6L Manual

Itinerary

8/7 - 8/10
  • Meet in Hickory, NC
  • Get to West Pueblo, CO by the evening of the 9th
  • Arrive in Ouray and set-up camp by Noon on the 10th
8/11 - 8/13 OURAY
  • Engineers Pass
  • Ophir
  • Imogene
  • Black Bear Pass
  • Poughkeepsie Gulch
  • Cinnamon Pass
8/14
  • Free day for wheeling, relaxing, or seeing more of Ouray outside of wheeling.
8/15
  • Wake up and head towards Moab
  • Top of the World
  • Arrive in Moab and set-up camp by 5PM
8/16 - 8/18 MOAB
  • Hell's Revenge
  • Fins and Things
  • Poison Spyder
  • Cliff Hangar
  • Pritchet Canyon
  • Steel Bender & Metal Masher if we have time
8/19 HOLY CROSS
  • Wake up and head towards Holy Cross
  • Holy Cross
8/20 - 8/22
  • Head back to NC and cry. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky .... there's still time for you to join us!!
Man.... if you only knew how much I’d love to, unfortunately work is all the sudden even more demanding......:mad:.... I think because of the low interest rate, a lot of people are deciding to build a house......:facepalm:...evidently not caring about the uncertain times.....have fun, and I wanna see lots a pictures....:movember:.

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Will do, Ri
Man.... if you only knew how much I’d love to, unfortunately work is all the sudden even more demanding......:mad:.... I think because of the low interest rate, a lot of people are deciding to build a house......:facepalm:...evidently not caring about the uncertain times.....have fun, and I wanna see lots a pictures....:movember:.
Will do, Roky.. I'll scope it out good, and you come next time! I have a hunch that going out there wheeling is gonna be akin to feeding a shark. ...just gonna leave me wanting more..:)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Itinerary

8/8 - 8/10
  • Meet in Hickory, NC
Absolutely no breaks allowed in the Drive from Hickory to West Pueblo... lol

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
We sell Depends at the Teet. Can get a pack for the group and bring on to Shawn’s on Sunday.
You guys leaving Sunday? I got a new toy... I have the Steer Smarts Alignment Tool now so we can all do our own alignments :)
Well until October then you guys can get free alignments when you come visit UT :)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
**Updated 31JUL20**

Jeepin' the Dream I - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeepin-the-dream.10162/
Jeepin' the Dream II - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeepin-the-dream-ii.31009/

Good morning everyone. It's that time of year again, but this time I'm bringing friends. Over the last couple years, I have met more Jeepers that have turned into really good friends. This time around there's 7 Jeeps with 9 people. All of us are from NC.

The plan for this year is to drive to Ouray and wheel for 3-4 days. Then hit up Moab for 3-4 days. On the way home, we're gonna run Holy Cross. Upon completing Holy Cross, we'll camp one more night and then drive home to NC.

While we're in Ouray, we'll be staying at the KOA. In Moab, we're camping on the Colorado River just SW of Moab a few miles. This is going to such an awesome trip. If anyone else would like to join (Short notice, I know), we have room at both locations for more tents.

If you're already there, swing by and say what's up!! All Jeepers welcome.

Here are the coordinates to our campsites:
Ouray KOA - 38.080650, -107.708314
Moab - 38.576497, -109.634822

This Jeepin' the Dream trip is on its 3rd iteration and I hope it will continue to grow. Here's a list of the people and Jeeps joining:

@chevymitchell - 2020 JL Rubicon Recon 2DR / Bikini / 33's / 2.0L Auto
@jdubya421 & Becca- 2020 JL Rubicon 2DR / Sting Gray / 33's / 3.6L Manual
@Ran4 - 2019 JL Sahara 4DR / White / 35's / 2.0L Auto
@Taznc - 2020 JT / Hydro Blue / 37's / 3.6L Auto
Tom & Stephanie - 2011 JK Sport 2 Dr / Maroon / 37's / 3.8L Auto
Russ - 2014 JK Sport 2DR / Amp'd / Rubi T-Case / Trussed / RCV's / 3-Link / 37's / 3.6L Auto
Aaron - 2012 JK Sport 2DR / Rubi T-Case / 35's / 3.6L Manual

Itinerary

8/8 - 8/10
  • Meet in Hickory, NC
8/11 - 8/13 OURAY
  • Engineers Pass
  • Ophir
  • Imogene
  • Black Bear Pass
  • Poughkeepsie Gulch
  • Cinnamon Pass
8/14
  • Free day for wheeling, relaxing, or seeing more of Ouray outside of wheeling.
8/15
  • Wake up and head towards Moab
  • Top of the World
  • Arrive in Moab and set-up camp by 5PM
8/16 - 8/18 MOAB
  • Hell's Revenge
  • Fins and Things
  • Poison Spyder
  • Cliff Hangar
  • Pritchet Canyon
  • Steel Bender & Metal Masher if we have time
8/19 HOLY CROSS
  • Wake up and head towards Holy Cross
  • Holy Cross
8/20 - 8/22
  • Head back to NC and cry. :)
I really hope you guys make this an annual thing because it would be awesome to see the NC crew after we move a out there. Maybe even toss around the idea of hitting Sand Hollow one year so we can have you guys over :)

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Following. Can’t wait to read about. Heading out there in a two part trip. First next month for SJM area, second mid-October for Moab. Also with a stock JLR, so really curious about the lines you take in Moab @chevymitchell.

Sponsored

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Are we there yet?
Not quite. ..at least not all of us. I'm currently in Durango, CO. The rest of the group will get into Colorado later today (I decided to drive out solo, taking a southern route up through Albuquerque).

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not quite. ..at least not all of us. I'm currently in Durango, CO. The rest of the group will get into Colorado later today (I decided to drive out solo, taking a southern route up through Albuquerque).
Now that you’ve got some miles on your gears, what are your thoughts?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a great plan and a great time. Can’t wait to see the pictures.

Recommendation for a future trip - Chinamans Gulch near Buena Vista, Colorado. Holy Cross and Ouray are amazing places and have the draw of the Badge of Honor program, but Chinamans Gulch is an amazing trail.

I’ll be at Holy Cross on the 29th and just miss you guys.

Have fun!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have done all the trails you are going to do. You are in for an awesome time.

If you have the time, Red Cone pass is on your way home, it is by Breckenridge . While it is not a badge trail. It is one of my favorites.

If you want, I can give you the location to a good boondock camping spot in Nebraska right off I-70.

I liked Steel Bender over Metal Masher. Both were kick ass. If you are pressed for time. Steel Bender....Metal Masher is a Full Day if you run the whole trail.

Poison Spider. Is awesome. I was surprised at how fast we completed it. We thought might as well continue on and do the Golden Spike trail. That turned into a 12 hour day. Awesome day, but a longer day than we anticipated.

Pritchet Canyon . was easier than I anticipated. They have cleaned it up and made it easier for the SxS or so I have been told. We went in and then turned around and came back out the way we came in. If you go out the backside of Pritchet Canyon and take trails back to Moab, expect a very long day.

I was there two weeks ago.