Sponsored

Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
On my setup, 37" KO2 with 3.5" Teraflex springs and Teraflex Progressive Bumps, I did not add any additional bumpstop up front. Removed the 1" in back and replaced with 2". I do not rub at full flex and the front factory XR bumps are enough to protect my Falcon 3.1 from bottoming out.
Sponsored

ROK HEMI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
I've lost track, it was moved forward a couple turns and rolled forward just a bit to allow the bump stop to move more freely within the spring. Never any issues with clearance of the tires or anything like that
Ignore my question about how you corrected the front bump stop rub. Should have read the full thread first.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Jeepeto did you get the front spring to stop hitting the factory bumpstop tube? Getting ready to do the same lift and appreciate your solution.
The solution was moving the axle slightly to keep things centered through travel. Adjustment in the control arms solved it

ROK HEMI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
The solution was moving the axle slightly to keep things centered through travel. Adjustment in the control arms solved it
Thank you @Jeepeto , great build. I have the 392xr and think I’m going to go with the 2-1/2 MC lift as it runs tall and I do not expect to carry as much as you do.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thank you @Jeepeto , great build. I have the 392xr and think I’m going to go with the 2-1/2 MC lift as it runs tall and I do not expect to carry as much as you do.
Should be a great kit đź‘Ť

Enjoy that 392, looking back I wish I had spend the extra 🤦

Sponsored

trekster

First Name
Trekster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon Extreme Recon
Thanks for the kind words 🙏. If I'm being honest, I think the fridge is half the reason I'm happy to be in a 4 door. I wanted a fridge so damn bad but never had the room. However, now I feel like I'm building the rig around the fridge 🤣. Theres so much that goes into running the damn thing. Heavy wiring, dual battery, platform, slider... it never ends. I do feel it will all be worth it to have dry, cold storage without having to listen to, buy, or mess with ice and the mess that comes with it.
Considering a portable refrigerator/cooler,
I’m building a 2022 JL 3.6 e torque Extreme Recon. I’m considering a fridge at this time but don’t want to add the second battery. Will the Normal battery setup work with the Dometic CFX3 45 fridge for short 3 to 5 day trips without a secondary charging setup? Thanks

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’m building a 2022 JL 3.6 e torque Extreme Recon. I’m considering a fridge at this time but don’t want to add the second battery. Will the Normal battery setup work with the Dometic CFX3 45 fridge for short 3 to 5 day trips without a secondary charging setup? Thanks
If you’re on the move you will probably be fine, but it won’t run the fridge for 3-5 days if you’re stationary.

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
I use a Jackery to power the fridge. It will power the fridge for about 3 days. If I’m on the move, the Jackery recharges while powering the fridge and I can be out for as many days as I’d like.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I use a Jackery to power the fridge. It will power the fridge for about 3 days. If I’m on the move, the Jackery recharges while powering the fridge and I can be out for as many days as I’d like.
What size Jackery are you using to power the fridge?

-Steven

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Currently the 1000. Probably overkill though.
Thanks! That is what I was considering...seems to be the sweet spot of price/performance/size.

@Jeepeto, apologies for the thread jack.

-Steven

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks! That is what I was considering...seems to be the sweet spot of price/performance/size.

@Jeepeto, apologies for the thread jack.

-Steven
No worries at all, I'll throw a +1 at the Jackery 1000, I have one as well and it's definitely up to the task. You could get away with much less if you're charging daily while on the move. I feel like I should mention, it's a good option for weekend trips, and general portable power, but if you're looking at a permanent power solution for a Jeep fridge it's better to look at a LiFePO4 battery solution that has ~6x the cycles as the Lithium Ion battery in the Jackery.

trekster

First Name
Trekster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon Extreme Recon
If you’re on the move you will probably be fine, but it won’t run the fridge for 3-5 days if you’re stationary.
Thanks, it’s been noted that the fridges pulling low amperage is hard on the battery. Any thoughts on this?

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks, it’s been noted that the fridges pulling low amperage is hard on the battery. Any thoughts on this?
Ideally you get a second power source, but realistically, do what you gotta do. If you aren’t going to run it year round, and plan to just take it on trips where you’ll be moving regularly and don’t want to spend the money for a secondary power source, then it’ll work.

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Spider Web Sun Shade showed up today. Just in time for beautiful topless weather here in North Texas. Install was pretty straight forward and I like the way it looks from the inside of the Jeep. I'm curious how it will look with the hard top on, but there's plenty of time for that later.

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG
Josh would you buy this again? I am thinking this summer I'll enjoy this more than putting the freedom tops back on when the sun is too much for all naked—
Sponsored