Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread

trekster

First Name
Trekster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon Extreme Recon
Any chance you have a picture showing that front bump stop setup inside the MC spring?
I don’t have my JL yet, so no way to take
Any chance you have a picture showing that front bump stop setup inside the MC spring?
I’ve changed it a couple times. I think I’m one front 2 rear right now. I’m pretty sure I added one right before I headed to Moab. We were rolling 4 deep with a full fridge/tools/recovery gear/etc and I was thinking better safe than sorry.

I am using the shock relocation bracket. You’re gonna love the MC GC 3.5”, I’m blown away how much flex I’m getting out of a bolt on kit.
I'm going to order the MC 3.5. It would be great to see a picture of your front bump stops to see the set up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I don’t have my JL yet, so no way to take

I'm going to order the MC 3.5. It would be great to see a picture of your front bump stops to see the set up.
How she sits at the moment

8A8E03D3-A9D2-4EA5-82FB-F018F4D8FEB8.jpeg

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Not Jeepeto but I’m running the MC GC 3.5” on my 392XR. Working on dialing in the front end before I bump the rear. Current setup is 2 front pucks which I think is perfect for my shock setup. Running 4.5-6” lift Fox 2.0s with MCs shock relocation bracket. At full stuff drivers side (stock driveshaft so can’t stuff the passenger side yet) this is how it looks:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 3D17D49D-7A0D-42C5-8AAA-2992AB0E68C5

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 0130F49B-D3C1-41C2-B58D-0175A9135649

Yes the coil is bowing into the frame. Running both MC coil correction pads in this pic. I need to swap back to the factory coil pad on the driver’s side. Apparently it’s Jeep specific on whether you need one, both or neither MC coil correction pads. In my case I need the MC coil pad on my passenger side and the stock coil pad on the driver’s side. Annoying, but this isn’t in the instructions so beware and buy the $30 pads ahead of time.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I just went with a true dual for now, i'll upgrade control arms over time. Also went with a Adams drive shaft(just used 37.5" as measurement), adams beat metalcloak by about 200$ for the driveshaft.

Been talking abit on the metalcloak page with someone about just general fitment issues. Did you use your rear 4" sway bar drop brackets? Or did you use the black 3/4" spacers.
3/4” drop

D3EBA55E-953A-4F60-A9DA-43C5AF5D5A98.jpeg

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
Not Jeepeto but I’m running the MC GC 3.5” on my 392XR. Working on dialing in the front end before I bump the rear. Current setup is 2 front pucks which I think is perfect for my shock setup. Running 4.5-6” lift Fox 2.0s with MCs shock relocation bracket. At full stuff drivers side (stock driveshaft so can’t stuff the passenger side yet) this is how it looks:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread D3EBA55E-953A-4F60-A9DA-43C5AF5D5A98

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread D3EBA55E-953A-4F60-A9DA-43C5AF5D5A98

Yes the coil is bowing into the frame. Running both MC coil correction pads in this pic. I need to swap back to the factory coil pad on the driver’s side. Apparently it’s Jeep specific on whether you need one, both or neither MC coil correction pads. In my case I need the MC coil pad on my passenger side and the stock coil pad on the driver’s side. Annoying, but this isn’t in the instructions so beware and buy the $30 pads ahead of time.
Good info here. I see you have 2 of the MC pucks. Are you running 35’s or 37’s?

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Good info here. I see you have 2 of the MC pucks. Are you running 35’s or 37’s?
35s for now, stock XR wheels/tires. 37s go on next week. I’ve got plenty of room up front for 37s at full stuff. I’ve got a decent amount of uptravel with that bump setup. Not going to add any more. I have 2 in the rear currently but I have to get it on my buddy’s forklift to fully flex the rear and dial in the rear bumps. Wasn’t even touching the rear bumps in this pic and still had ~3” of shock shaft showing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 8E6A2201-5D71-405E-A1CE-EB30132E0223

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 4FADB043-9CC5-41BE-B9F6-05983E16222C

path0s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
No wheel spacers if that’s what your referring to
Yea sorry meant wheel spacers 😅

I ordered with the 4" sway bar spacers. I'll just eventually buy end links and spacers. Thanks for all the info on your lift.

I tried to change my order by calling metalcloak, and they were a bit confused about the XR package being able to clear with the Mopar wheels lol.

Couldn't change it due to it already in kitting, so don't want to make it a hassle canceling the order.

Thanks for all the help/info.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Perfect! Thanks. There was no need to add to the stop adding your 3 1/2 inch lift?
You're welcome.

It's got one bump stop, and I haven't found a good reason to add a second one. I flexed it out without a spring using a jack in the driveway, and double checked with an RTI ramp. I haven't trimmed anything in the front other than taking the stubby bumper caps off the factory steel bumper. I trimmed a small amount of pinch seam in the rear and some fender liner as well.

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I had the wrangler product team lead verify 10MM tubes and cast iron knuckles on the XR pkg. Same axle as 392 except still has FAD.
What are the standard knuckles on a non-XR Rubi for comparison? I assumed they were also cast steel.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What are the standard knuckles on a non-XR Rubi for comparison? I assumed they were also cast steel.
From the images I've seen they look like cast aluminum.