Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Itā€™s on Hells revenge, itā€™s not mickeys or devils, just a small unnamed tub. I still enjoyed playing around though. Iā€™m ready to get back and start marching my way up the list, we hit Metal Masher on the last day, and I was blown away with the way Jeepeto III makes big lines feel small. Iā€™m thrilled with the build so far. Iā€™m late to the JLUR on 37s party I know. Iā€™ve been bouncing up rocks in Jeepeto II, and the difference is just amazing.

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Itā€™s on Hells revenge, itā€™s not mickeys or devils, just a small unnamed tub. I still enjoyed playing around though. Iā€™m ready to get back and start marching my way up the list, we hit Metal Masher on the last day, and I was blown away with the way Jeepeto III makes big lines feel small. Iā€™m thrilled with the build so far. Iā€™m late to the JLUR on 37s party I know. Iā€™ve been bouncing up rocks in Jeepeto II, and the difference is just amazing.
It's funny, I've been on Hell's several times and didn't recognize that section. I'm always on the lookout for something new.

I haven't done Metal Masher, what did you think if it?

Someone with a great deal of Jeep building knowledge once told me there's a reason the big builder do the Wrangler platform. The width/wheelbase is great off road and we see that over and over again right?

I think 37's are the sweet spot for a capable all round daily driver. I've been considering the new 38's, but don't really want to cut fender liners...plus, everything is working so well on my build, why change that. How much if anything did you cut/remove from your liners? I still have a tiny bit of rub at the rear on full stuff. I may hit that with a heat gun and remold it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It's funny, I've been on Hell's several times and didn't recognize that section. I'm always on the lookout for something new.

I haven't done Metal Masher, what did you think if it?

Someone with a great deal of Jeep building knowledge once told me there's a reason the big builder do the Wrangler platform. The width/wheelbase is great off road and we see that over and over again right?

I think 37's are the sweet spot for a capable all round daily driver. I've been considering the new 38's, but don't really want to cut fender liners...plus, everything is working so well on my build, why change that. How much if anything did you cut/remove from your liners? I still have a tiny bit of rub at the rear on full stuff. I may hit that with a heat gun and remold it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
Metal Masher is great. It was the biggest trail I ever hit with Jeepeto II, it has a bunch of optional lines that keep it interesting. To this day, Iā€™ve pulled cable twice while wheeling in Moab, and both times on metal masher.

I trimmed sheet metal on the rear fender before heading out, and Iā€™m glad I did. The only trimming I did on trail was to cut about 4ā€ from the rear of the rear fender liners. I caught the passenger side liner while playing in a higher speed whoop section. Easy trim with a packet knife and I was back on the trail. A heat gun would have probably clearanced it just fine if I had done it before hitting the trail.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Jeepeto after a few weeks, how are you liking the American Adventure Lab system? Love the looks of it!
Itā€™s awesome no doubt. I do understand the complaints about fit and finish. I know the phone support lady by name at this point. From missing hardware, instructions, incorrect hardware, flawed finishes, etc. Iā€™ve had my share of issues, but it is a small company and they make some cool stuff so I keep buying.

I received the tailgate table the day I left for Moab. Thought I could pop it in real quick before leaving. It was missing hardware, had poor finishing on the powder coat and the cutting board was drilled off center causing tear out the first time it was closed/opened. I had to run to the hardware store to buy my own hardware to finish mounting it, and the new hardware self clearanced on the aluminum hinges when opening. Itā€™s all just a pain in the ass. I really wish it would have just come with the correct screws. I patched it together so I would have a table for the trip, but now I have a damaged table.

Itā€™s a lot of cool concepts, a lot of innovation and it looks awesome. However, the company seems to be struggling to meet order volume and quality control suffers. I would probably still do it all over again, just know that itā€™s not as smooth as buying from a larger company.

E287DE71-7D97-4F57-9E5D-ED83FB28E13A.jpeg

4E97DAFE-4430-4C25-A665-EDA796E9E286.jpeg

1F95CFE7-766F-49C1-B7D0-1815DF111BBA.jpeg

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Nice build. Concerning the MC GC lift and XR extended factory bumps, how many of the 1ā€ MC bump pucks did you use?

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Nice build. Concerning the MC GC lift and XR extended factory bumps, how many of the 1ā€ MC bump pucks did you use?
Iā€™m running 1 front and 2 rear. I did trim a bit of the body and fender liner in the rear to make it work.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
My favorite set up is Rock Krawler Triple Rate springs and Metal Cloak RockSport shocks with factory CAs .. itā€™s a great daily and flexes nice enough but very stable on road.

path0s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
How are the 37s performing with the wheels? Any rubbing issues? It would be really nice if these axles paired with the oem beadlocks are enough for a 37 to flex and not rub to much.

Trying to stay away from spacers in the future.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How are the 37s performing with the wheels? Any rubbing issues? It would be really nice if these axles paired with the oem beadlocks are enough for a 37 to flex and not rub to much.

Trying to stay away from spacers in the future.
Minor trimming of the fender liner was sufficient to stuff them. You could probably use a heat gun in the rear to clearance but I caught them in a ā€œwhoopsā€ section out in Moab and trimmed with a pocket knife. I also trimmed a tiny bit off the body panel seam in the rear as i was concerned about it potentially grabbing a tire at full stuff. Any rubbing would have happened regardless of wheel offset and axle width, and was due to up travel with larger tires and my not wanting to run any more bump stop than necessary. It could have been solved by running more bump stop with no trimming
Sponsored