2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It is.

No way is it for overlanding or actual trails, but for Idaho (my locale) there's no real multi-day rides. It's:
  • 1-8 hours from home
  • Set up camp
  • Several days camping, fishing, shooting, trail riding
  • Pack up and head home
I don’t know that I would ever do a big epic multi day off-road trip from my location either. I’m either posted up in a hotel/AirBnB and running more technical trails or I’m running weekend trips 3-5 hours from home. I have no desire to run gravel roads for days at a time. I like the idea of a RTT, but it’s not super practical for my use.
Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know that I would ever do a big epic multi day off-road trip from my location either. I’m either posted up in a hotel/AirBnB and running more technical trails or I’m running weekend trips 3-5 hours from home. I have no desire to run gravel roads for days at a time. I like the idea of a RTT, but it’s not super practical for my use.
Sounds like a light TT is up your alley. My Avenger is light enough, but was $18-19k brand new. Not the best build quality, but not $30k either.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sounds like a light TT is up your alley. My Avenger is light enough, but was $18-19k brand new. Not the best build quality, but not $30k either.
I’ll likely continue using ground tents. I can’t stomachache the cost of a trailer yet. Those shift pods look interesting, although they don’t seem to pack down well enough to be all that viable. There’s so many options lol

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I read through this whole thread hoping to see a little Jiminy Cricket sticker or figurine somewhere on your Jeep but came away disappointed... :(

But despite that minor oversight, Jeepeto is awesome, man. Congrats.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I read through this whole thread hoping to see a little Jiminy Cricket sticker or figurine somewhere on your Jeep but came away disappointed... :(

But despite that minor oversight, Jeepeto is awesome, man. Congrats.
😂 I did just order up some custom made Jeepeto III stickers! I missed the opportunity to add a Jiminy cricket Easter egg in there.

Sponsored

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Productive weekend.

Alignment ✅

37s mounted ✅

Vector E-dock swapped out for lower profile version to help the vertically challenged wife ✅

Winch installed and bumper end caps removed ✅

40758AAF-E56B-4E87-8793-E7BF9C874410.jpeg

F8DA991A-8B57-46B7-BDB5-30FC425EF25A.jpeg

4A5DC9E0-04F7-4DCB-946E-C1F437B378C5.jpeg
Jeep looks amazing. I just ordered the same one but a 2022. I was curious since you are running the OEM wheels... Have you had any rubbing issues with the 37's? I think you went with the 2.5 MC Lift correct? I am looking at putting the 3.5" Game Changer on along with 37x12.50x17's but on a 9 wide wheel. Just curious how those factory wheels and backspacing is working out for you? in the begining I may just order the Beadlock rings until I figure out what wheels I want. Cant seem to find anything I like in a 17x9.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeep looks amazing. I just ordered the same one but a 2022. I was curious since you are running the OEM wheels... Have you had any rubbing issues with the 37's? I think you went with the 2.5 MC Lift correct? I am looking at putting the 3.5" Game Changer on along with 37x12.50x17's but on a 9 wide wheel. Just curious how those factory wheels and backspacing is working out for you? in the begining I may just order the Beadlock rings until I figure out what wheels I want. Cant seem to find anything I like in a 17x9.
You're gonna love it! I am running the OEM wheels with the Beadlock rings on the MC 3.5" GC. No rubbing at all. I'm currently running two bump stop pads front and rear from the MC kit. I haven't really flexed it out much more than the RTI ramp and some mild trails up in Hot Springs Arkansas. I'll have them out in Moab over thanksgiving, but I don't suspect any issues. It flexes nicely on the ramp for now. The functional Beadlock ring changes the backspacing a bit compared to running the wheels in the standard fashion. I'm stoked on them.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Nothing like Moab! Man, for a first timer, the silver Jeep hanging with you on Hell's is impressive right?

How'd your Jeep do, any tweaking needed? Keep the pics coming Amigo🏜

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
That couple was awesome! First time in Moab and a fairy new wheeler. He followed me through all the optional lines, sometimes taking 3 or 4 shots at big lines before making it to, but never giving up. They had a huge smile on their face and would giggle with nervous delight each time they survived. I really enjoyed watching them and wheeling with them. They had a blast, and have committed to making another trip out to spend more time exploring Moab. I’m so glad they came up to me while I was airing down and asked to group up. I love watching people out here pop their Moab cherry.

The jeep was great! I trimmed about 4” off both of the rear fender liners and it was flawless after that. This thing is cheating, big lines feel like nothing.

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
That couple was awesome! First time in Moab and a fairy new wheeler. He followed me through all the optional lines, sometimes taking 3 or 4 shots at big lines before making it to, but never giving up. They had a huge smile on their face and would giggle with nervous delight each time they survived. I really enjoyed watching them and wheeling with them. They had a blast, and have committed to making another trip out to spend more time exploring Moab. I’m so glad they came up to me while I was airing down and asked to group up. I love watching people out here pop their Moab cherry.

The jeep was great! I trimmed about 4” off both of the rear fender liners and it was flawless after that. This thing is cheating, big lines feel like nothing.
I know the feeling on both sides of that...being the noob and helping someone new get better. It's a great aspect of the Jeeping community and always so great to see and be a part of.

You're right about a build like yours (cheating), they are beyond capable.

It looked a good time of year to be wheeling Moab? Not a lot of folks out on the trails?

-Steven

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I know the feeling on both sides of that...being the noob and helping someone new get better. It's a great aspect of the Jeeping community and always so great to see and be a part of.

You're right about a build like yours (cheating), they are beyond capable.

It looked a good time of year to be wheeling Moab? Not a lot of folks out on the trails?

-Steven
100% agree it’s part of the reason I love you guys so much. It’s always a good time to be on Moab. The trails are busy right now as it’s vacation time for many, but it is still a good time

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Enjoying your photographs.

Where did you set up base camp? Our trip a few weeks ago we stayed at a tent site in Dead Horse Point SP. Beautiful stars, cold mornings—

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Enjoying your photographs.

Where did you set up base camp? Our trip a few weeks ago we stayed at a tent site in Dead Horse Point SP. Beautiful stars, cold mornings—
We split an AirBnB with my mom and step dad for the trip. It’s their first trip to Moab. I wouldn’t mind camping out this way eventually. We just got the 4 door, and have not had enough room on previous trips to even consider camping.
Sponsored