Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Oh, I see. I always assumed these were the same. That actually looks quite nice! I’ll add it to the bucket list 🤣
I love back packing in Big Bend National Park, (in the Chisos Mountains or Mesa de Aguila), big Bend Ranch State Park is for wheeling and hiking each day from base camp—
Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Debadged after washing today.

Use dental floss or fishing line to cut through the glue holding the letters on.

Using a 3M eraser wheel on a low speed drill remove the remaining glue. This step feels wrong, like it will damage the paint. Trust your equipment and keep moving, I’ve done this to a dozen vehicles without issue. This is how the pros do it, just make sure you don’t run the drill too fast or sit in one spot too long.

8A21D5DC-F8F9-4BB8-94FA-08299D3B1906.jpeg

D19B140C-A026-4016-A37B-C7AF82371AE7.jpeg

Clean up as much residue you can with the eraser wheel and then use cleaner wax to remove any little residue that’s left.

97A447A9-CB46-4A5C-93CE-08695CCB2934.jpeg

Allow wax to dry to a haze and wipe away. Easy as that, took about 15 minutes to do both sides.

324316BE-ED0D-4D61-BF00-F7E9A1746AE3.jpeg
Clean as a baby's bottom. Stand back and the look is awesome—

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I love back packing in Big Bend National Park, (in the Chisos Mountains or Mesa de Aguila), big Bend Ranch State Park is for wheeling and hiking each day from base camp—
You definitely have my interest. I’ve tried to do the NP a few times. But I’ve never been able to secure lodging. I’d rather have a backcountry camp anyway, that sounds like a great time. I’ll definitely look into it. Thanks for clarifying the difference. 👍

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You definitely have my interest. I’ve tried to do the NP a few times. But I’ve never been able to secure lodging. I’d rather have a backcountry camp anyway, that sounds like a great time. I’ll definitely look into it. Thanks for clarifying the difference. 👍
Last trip with my youngest in the state park—

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread DSC_6381

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread DSC_6619

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread DSCN1202.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Get your queen a folding step stool you heathen! :CWL:
She's a trooper. I thought I might have to spend the $$$ on some rock slide engineering steps by the time it was all done. When I finally got the 3.5" lift and 37's on my wife popped up into the drivers seat with a big grin on her face and said "I can still get in!" I then mentioned getting a stool for her and the dogs as our border collie is getting a bit old to make the jump. She scoffed, picked up the dog, and placed her in the back seat, saying "It'll take up too much room". I tried, but she's stubborn 🤣

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
She's a trooper. I thought I might have to spend the $$$ on some rock slide engineering steps by the time it was all done. When I finally got the 3.5" lift and 37's on my wife popped up into the drivers seat with a big grin on her face and said "I can still get in!" I then mentioned getting a stool for her and the dogs as our border collie is getting a bit old to make the jump. She scoffed, picked up the dog, and placed her in the back seat, saying "It'll take up too much room". I tried, but she's stubborn 🤣
That's awesome, she's a keeper

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It's been a few since I've posted an update, I had some fun stuff show up in the mail today, as well as needing to update a couple things. These are messy, raw, unedited, as she sits shots, don't judge my wife's lint roller or the dirt on the floor mats. 🤣 We've been using the Jeep as intended, hitting trails, and doing weekend trips. We're loaded up for another weekend run in these photos as well, the fridge is running, filled with ice cold beer and Topo Chico, the Tembo Tusk Skottle is packed, and the sleeping bags are bungee'd down. 🤘

The first Badges of Honor have arrived!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1649.JPG

MOLLE Platform Solutions front and back seat overhead storage panels. The front seat panel is mainly used to mount our Sony mirrorless cameras on the Peak Designs Capture Clip as well as hold our sunglasses, binoculars, and ham radio speaker. Also, I updated the Vector Off Road E-Dock to the lower profile version at the wife's request. Finished the FTM-400 dual band ham radio install as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1654.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1659.JPG

I went off the build plan and ordered up a set of TrailRax to store some extra gas/water. I've got a 3.85 gallon Waterport showing up this week for the drivers side as well. I used some 3M paint protection tape for the install. It went on really easy, this is my first time working with this stuff, and it's quality! Stretches to fit the panels, and doesn't leave bubbles and is quite thick. It feels like those old screen protectors everyone used to use before they came out with the tempered glass ones. As for the TrailRax, they seem quality. I hesitated purchasing these as the cost seemed quite high. Until I looked on their website I thought the price was per side 🤣 After I realized it was for the pair, I pulled the trigger. They are secure, and well made (in the USA!), I just hope they don't cause any rash on the painted top 🤞

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1650.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1651.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1652.JPG

XG Cargo bags in the rear storage area to make use of the waisted space. I love these bags, had a similar set in the 2 door, and they add a ton of usable space

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1656.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1657.JPG

Received the necessary hardware to mount the rear seat storage shelf from AAL as well. It is storing towels, blankets, backpacks, and rain gear in otherwise wasted space.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1662.JPG

Happened upon another higher quality rear seat hammock for the dogs. I was using an old one I had from our Subaru up until now. It actually seems to make more efficient use of space than having the seats folded down. It frees up the under seat storage and the rear leg room can be used to store cases of water, and other large heavy items

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1660.JPG

A couple shots of the Jeep with weekend load out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1655.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1658.JPG

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I love this thread.

Sponsored

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Nice! I've been eyeing them Pak Rax for a while, and would love to hear your feedback. Any wind noise, stability issues, etc? Thanks as always!

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Nice! I've been eyeing them Pak Rax for a while, and would love to hear your feedback. Any wind noise, stability issues, etc? Thanks as always!
I just got back from a sunset ride with the dogs. I had the windows down the whole time, so I can’t speak much to interior wind noise. But I didn’t hear any new whistling or humming noises from the racks. I’ll know more after this weekend as we have a camping trip ~5 hours away. Remind me if I forget to get back to you with an update.

As far as stability, they’re rock solid. I can grab the rack and shake the whole Jeep with it. Assuming nothing works it’s way loose, (I was out of blue locktite and had to use red, so, probably not)I think you’d have to break something to lose a rack. Having them in my hands I’m not disappointed with anything quality wise. They’re worth the money for me. I already had Rotopax, and this saves trying to stuff water jugs in the Jeep, find a place for gas, and with the Waterport the water will be quite convenient. I’m hoping the black plastic of the WP is capable of producing a warm shower if necessary. I’ll post an update on the WP when i get a test run in with it as well.

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I just got back from a sunset ride with the dogs. I had the windows down the whole time, so I can’t speak much to interior wind noise. But I didn’t hear any new whistling or humming noises from the racks. I’ll know more after this weekend as we have a camping trip ~5 hours away. Remind me if I forget to get back to you with an update.

As far as stability, they’re rock solid. I can grab the rack and shake the whole Jeep with it. Assuming nothing works it’s way loose, (I was out of blue locktite and had to use red, so, probably not)I think you’d have to break something to lose a rack. Having them in my hands I’m not disappointed with anything quality wise. They’re worth the money for me. I already had Rotopax, and this saves trying to stuff water jugs in the Jeep, find a place for gas, and with the Waterport the water will be quite convenient. I’m hoping the black plastic of the WP is capable of producing a warm shower if necessary. I’ll post an update on the WP when i get a test run in with it as well.
Use them to get some water around camp and add fuel to your Jeep this weekend, too? The shower idea is interesting, though we usually heat some water and shampoo the other's hair while they sit way back in a camp chair. Having your better half wash your hair deep in canyonlands is pretty magically–

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Use them to get some water around camp and add fuel to your Jeep this weekend, too? The shower idea is interesting, though we usually heat some water and shampoo the other's hair while they sit way back in a camp chair. Having your better half wash your hair deep in canyonlands is pretty magically–
The rotopax? I’ve had good luck in the past. They work as advertised, although I change all my gas ones to have the same spout that comes with the water ones so I don’t have to fiddle with that stupid CARB spout. Also, make sure you vent the cans periodically when changing altitude and temperature or they become HIGHLY pressurized. And that gets sketchy with gas.
Sponsored