Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Nice work. I’m curious about a small thing. I like the CMM ball mount on the grab handle. You’ve got leather interior. CMM site says the mount won’t work with leather outfitted Jeep by the grab handle is different. But clearly yours works. did you have to anything special to make it work?
🤣 that's what I get for not reading the directions. I should probably pay attention to these things.

I didn't do anything special, it seems to fit and work just fine. It's a bit tight going in, but it goes in all the same.
Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
🤣 that's what I get for not reading the directions. I should probably pay attention to these things.

I didn't do anything special, it seems to fit and work just fine. It's a bit tight going in, but it goes in all the same.
Ordered!

Brettnyt

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392XR, 2017 BMW M3
Nice work. I’m curious about a small thing. I like the CMM ball mount on the grab handle. You’ve got leather interior. CMM site says the mount won’t work with leather outfitted Jeep by the grab handle is different. But clearly yours works. did you have to anything special to make it work?
I read the same thing, but saw it fit for him and ordered. Now I just need a Jeep to install it on. Waiting sucks.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I read the same thing, but saw it fit for him and ordered. Now I just need a Jeep to install it on. Waiting sucks.
🤣 Who are all these people reading directions for a ball with threads on the back?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Jeepmarkjl
@Brettnyt

I did a little digging, and it seems maybe they're referring to this interior with the leather dash and grab bar as it's missing the bolts.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 1632258654767

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Spider Web Sun Shade showed up today. Just in time for beautiful topless weather here in North Texas. Install was pretty straight forward and I like the way it looks from the inside of the Jeep. I'm curious how it will look with the hard top on, but there's plenty of time for that later.

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
🤣 Who are all these people reading directions for a ball with threads on the back?
Well to be fair to you and the rest of us who don’t read instructions that come with products that we buy with thoughtful abandon - the no leather comment is a footnote on the web page. Even though it says Gladiator fitment, they also make it for the JL.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 9F9F5370-87FA-49BB-8DF4-982125D51EB1

macman1125

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - XR Edition
Test fit of 37's on the Xtreme Recon with no lift

It looks a little tight to me. I'd be concerned about catching the fender liner with the rear of the tire at lock/under compression. You might be able to trim your way out of this, but I'm going to wait until I have the 3.5" lift installed before running 37"s.

I'm really happy with the look of the wheel/tire/ring package. I think it's going to look very nice when it's all done.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 9F9F5370-87FA-49BB-8DF4-982125D51EB1

The spare tire carrier FITS!

However, the 3rd brake light is at it's vertical limit from the factory and doesn't clear the 37. This will be easily resolved with something like a brake light ring in the tire. I'm thrilled I don't have to order another tire carrier. I almost pulled the trigger on the terra flex spare tire relocation bracket, but it was pretty expensive and on backorder everywhere. I'm glad I waited. This package is such a great value for my application. I'm very excited to see it come together.

Hey! Did you happen to mount that 37 on the rear to see the clearance to the wheel well and flare? Just curious if I could fit 37's on my XR that is coming with a spacer or would I need to do a full out lift to accommodate these? Thanks!

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
At home, it feels strange to finally have the Jeep I've been dreaming about for the last 2 months.

Took the dogs for a ride to break it in.

20210915_231148652_iOS.jpg

*Spoiler alert*

They broke it.

IMG_1349.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

Found a neat looking product by @ThinSkinz that looks to be my solution to this problem.

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 5.29.05 PM.png

I'll report back when they come in, but it's gotta be better than letting the dogs just thrash the door cards for the next 5-6 years

Harbor Freight hoist works a treat to lift the top off.
Congrats Josh, she's a beaut!!!

-Steven
@Jeepeto
Josh,
I'm ordering a hoist and straps today for my top lift. Can you share what you're using where the straps loops gather. large ring and large carabiner? Or just a large carabiner thru the straps and hooked on the hoist hook. Blew up your pics but can't see. Thanks
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 1632342141585

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hey! Did you happen to mount that 37 on the rear to see the clearance to the wheel well and flare? Just curious if I could fit 37's on my XR that is coming with a spacer or would I need to do a full out lift to accommodate these? Thanks!
I didn't attempt it in the rear. I would guess the rear would be better than the front though. I think you could get away with a small body lift or spacer lift to clear. However that's just a guess.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Jeepeto
Josh,
I'm ordering a hoist and straps today for my top lift. Can you share what you're using where the straps loops gather. large ring and large carabiner? Or just a large carabiner thru the straps and hooked on the hoist hook. Blew up your pics but can't see. Thanks
1632342141585.png
That would work just fine. I looked at the reviews on those on amazon I believe and they look to rust out eventually. I ended up with (4) smaller ones clipped to a large chain link that I already had to fit hook of the hoist.

That giant carabiner you have would be the easiest solution, I was just worried about the possible corrosion.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1441.JPG

macman1125

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - XR Edition
I didn't attempt it in the rear. I would guess the rear would be better than the front though. I think you could get away with a small body lift or spacer lift to clear. However that's just a guess.
I am so torn...I like the 35's but need to see in person on the XR to determine if the 37's are worth it for me. From the looks of the stock Jeep XR it sits pretty nice from what I can tell. Kinda best of both worlds compared to a non XR version. As soon as I can see my order in person I should be able to make a determination. Ughh the waiting for a real world view!!

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

American Adventure Labs platform and fridge slider showed up today. I couldn't resist installing to see how it would look. I'm still waiting on the fridge "mounting feet", drawers, shelf, and tailgate table. I'm excited by what I've got here thought. It's gonna be awesome!

Platform installed

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1429.JPG

Updated mounting hardware is pretty neat. I never worked with the old stuff, but from what I understand this stays in place where the old hardware came out with each piece. Seem's like a nice upgrade

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1431.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1432.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1433.JPG

Fridge Slider Installed

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1434.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1435.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1439.JPG

Test fit of the Dometic CFX3 45

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1436.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1438.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1437.JPG

Bonus! Jurassic Keyhole Covers