Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread

fasho

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I have already ordered a different tire inflation system that mounts under the front passenger seat and locates two air outlets under driver/passenger seats to fill all four tires at once with a pop off valve tunable for perfect PSI inflation every time.
Curious if this is worth doing when you can get mini air pumps that you set to PSI of choice. Yes it undoubtedly will take longer, but I bought one of these for under $30 I think, may have been a Christmas gift. This is not the exact one but close enough.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 1631888863143
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Curious if this is worth doing when you can get mini air pumps that you set to PSI of choice. Yes it undoubtedly will take longer, but I bought one of these for under $30 I think, may have been a Christmas gift. This is not the exact one but close enough.

1631888863143.png
Good lookin out. I do appreciate the suggestion. However, I've currently got a Viair compressor that clips to the battery, but it's slow and gets an uncomfortable workout inflating 35" tires from ~15 to 26 psi. Being that I plan on running 37's and much lower pressures with beadlocks on this rig that will be exaggerated. It will also be necessary to take the tires out of single digits each and every time I leave the trail. I used to show up in Moab, air down, and drive on 12-15 PSI all week, I think I will be hesitant to drive any stretch on the highway at 5-8 PSI. It would take quite a while, and the little compressor like you've shown here is likely not rated for 100% duty cycle. It would likely destroy itself trying to pump that much air for that long.

fasho

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Good lookin out. I do appreciate the suggestion. However, I've currently got a Viair compressor that clips to the battery, but it's slow and gets an uncomfortable workout inflating 35" tires from ~15 to 26 psi. Being that I plan on running 37's and much lower pressures with beadlocks on this rig that will be exaggerated. It will also be necessary to take the tires out of single digits each and every time I leave the trail. I used to show up in Moab, air down, and drive on 12-15 PSI all week, I think I will be hesitant to drive any stretch on the highway at 5-8 PSI. It would take quite a while, and the little compressor like you've shown here is likely not rated for 100% duty cycle. It would likely destroy itself trying to pump that much air for that long.
that makes sense. it gets super hot even just pumping up my corolla tires.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Test fit of 37's on the Xtreme Recon with no lift

It looks a little tight to me. I'd be concerned about catching the fender liner with the rear of the tire at lock/under compression. You might be able to trim your way out of this, but I'm going to wait until I have the 3.5" lift installed before running 37"s.

I'm really happy with the look of the wheel/tire/ring package. I think it's going to look very nice when it's all done.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1369.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1371.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1372.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1373.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1374.JPG

The spare tire carrier FITS!

However, the 3rd brake light is at it's vertical limit from the factory and doesn't clear the 37. (Edit: It works! I just wasn’t trying hard enough) This will be easily resolved with something like a brake light ring in the tire. I'm thrilled I don't have to order another tire carrier. I almost pulled the trigger on the terra flex spare tire relocation bracket, but it was pretty expensive and on backorder everywhere. I'm glad I waited. This package is such a great value for my application. I'm very excited to see it come together.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1376.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1377.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1378.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1380.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread IMG_1379.JPG

Last edited:

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Man that looks GREAT! Glad it finally showed up, looking forwards to wheeling with you, let me know if you need a hand wrenching. ;)

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Test fit of 37's on the Xtreme Recon with no lift

It looks a little tight to me. I'd be concerned about catching the fender liner with the rear of the tire at lock/under compression. You might be able to trim your way out of this, but I'm going to wait until I have the 3.5" lift installed before running 37"s.

I'm really happy with the look of the wheel/tire/ring package. I think it's going to look very nice when it's all done.

The spare tire carrier FITS!

However, the 3rd brake light is at it's vertical limit from the factory and doesn't clear the 37. This will be easily resolved with something like a brake light ring in the tire. I'm thrilled I don't have to order another tire carrier. I almost pulled the trigger on the terra flex spare tire relocation bracket, but it was pretty expensive and on backorder everywhere. I'm glad I waited. This package is such a great value for my application. I'm very excited to see it come together.

Looks great Josh. Can’t tell from pic but looks like new backup camera cover would interfere with one of these for a third brake light solution.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 1B397F2B-9276-4CA9-A16D-C578E009C2D5

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Man that looks GREAT! Glad it finally showed up, looking forwards to wheeling with you, let me know if you need a hand wrenching. ;)
This is why I love this community! Thanks for the kind words, I’m excited to get it out on trail as well.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Update:

Looks like despite being a wider tire the Yokohama doesn’t make contact with the tailgate “bumpers”, I’m wondering if this is maybe due to a change in backspacing and rim width due to the tire being mounted in a true beadlock configuration.

C72F1570-E74B-4EE4-82F8-04EF7EFFBF9D.jpeg

C88A19E2-930F-4620-A57A-E7C47161DE65.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Looks great Josh. Can’t tell from pic but looks like new backup camera cover would interfere with one of these for a third brake light solution.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread C88A19E2-930F-4620-A57A-E7C47161DE65
Thanks!

It comes off fairly easily. They did change the length to clear the wheel on the XR and it really hangs out there. But I’ll probably try a ring light in the wheel for now. It’s not my favorite look but should be sufficient.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

Looks like despite being a wider tire the Yokohama doesn’t make contact with the tailgate “bumpers”, I’m wondering if this is maybe due to a change in backspacing and rim width due to the tire being mounted in a true beadlock configuration.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread C88A19E2-930F-4620-A57A-E7C47161DE65

That is strange. Has to be for reason you state with beadlock setup. These are pretty good. Little expensive but using a hacksaw you can cut to exact length needed.

Energy Suspension 29105G Spare Tire Bumper Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IDM1OC...abc_FP11CD23W0M02BZA86Z0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The JL should have been wireless from the start, that cord is killing me. That bar is nice though, I'm going to put a small one in mine.
I’m curious if I can run a tap into the media jack behind the dash. On Jeepeto II I hardwired some usb power banks behind the glove box and ran cables out at the base of the windshield for a pretty clean install that charged my phone. But I would like to retain the Apple play features here so I need to come up with something. I saw one guy run the cable into the USB of the center console and drilled a hole at the bottom allowing him to run the cable through the console, behind the dash and out the bottom of the windshield