Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

One step closer to living the fridge life.

@Genesis Offroad dual battery kit installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread E7E279B1-7A3E-49B0-BC4F-D640DB2460A0
Also, if you install this kit and nothing works when you’re done, check those little “flag” connections on the fuse box. I did everything by hand and was tedious about the install, but one of them was turned a few degrees and was sitting on the plastic insulator causing it to not make connection with the fuse box. It about gave me a heart attack when I finished up and nothing turned on.

836806E6-689F-4887-ACEC-18DD6D17062F.jpeg

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I feel lucky to have a pro answering my electrical questions. So thanks in advance!

The install video on Genesis's website looks straight forward enough.

However, instead of that small aux battery under the fuse box, our 3.6L eTorque has a lithium battery (somewhere underneath, opposite the fuel tank, I think). Does that change the installation instruction in any way? Are the components responsible for charging that lithium battery touched at all during the install?

Thanks!

One step closer to living the fridge life.

@Genesis Offroad dual battery kit installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 836806E6-689F-4887-ACEC-18DD6D17062F

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I feel lucky to have a pro answering my electrical questions. So thanks in advance!

The install video on Genesis's website looks straight forward enough.

However, instead of that small aux battery under the fuse box, our 3.6L eTorque has a lithium battery (somewhere underneath, opposite the fuel tank, I think). Does that change the installation instruction in any way? Are the components responsible for charging that lithium battery touched at all during the install?

Thanks!
If you’ve watched the install video you’ve got a very good idea of what to expect. The little motorcycle size auxiliary battery isn’t there on ours but the battery tray is. It comes apart exactly the same. The extra power leads are not there on your Jeep either, so you can skip those steps.

I’ve attached a picture of the bolt you attach all the negative leads to. The instructions call to re-use factory hardware. Mine did not have any factory hardware due to the lack of auxiliary battery. You may want to make sure you have something ahead of time before completing your install.

75EAFEAA-56E8-4DE5-ADAE-2668B4312708.jpeg

Sponsored

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Very much appreciate this info!

If you’ve watched the install video you’ve got a very good idea of what to expect. The little motorcycle size auxiliary battery isn’t there on ours but the battery tray is. It comes apart exactly the same. The extra power leads are not there on your Jeep either, so you can skip those steps.

I’ve attached a picture of the bolt you attach all the negative leads to. The instructions call to re-use factory hardware. Mine did not have any factory hardware due to the lack of auxiliary battery. You may want to make sure you have something ahead of time before completing your install.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 75EAFEAA-56E8-4DE5-ADAE-2668B4312708

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I would recommend the Teraflex Alpha HD spare tire carrier that works perfectly with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement bracket. not only can you bring the spare closer to the tailgate, but you could also move it up a little.

And for the 3rd brake light, here's the exact same one Mopar makes.... quite cheap too... its an amazon.ca link, but you can certainly find it on their .com site : NovelBee Third Center Brake Light Relocation Kits High Mount Stop Light Bracket Fit for 2018 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL JLU, Third Brake Lights - Amazon Canada

Sponsored

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
How is the lift install going??

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I would recommend the Teraflex Alpha HD spare tire carrier that works perfectly with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement bracket. not only can you bring the spare closer to the tailgate, but you could also move it up a little.

And for the 3rd brake light, here's the exact same one Mopar makes.... quite cheap too... its an amazon.ca link, but you can certainly find it on their .com site : NovelBee Third Center Brake Light Relocation Kits High Mount Stop Light Bracket Fit for 2018 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL JLU, Third Brake Lights - Amazon Canada
Second this regarding the TeraFlex Alpha HD Tire Carrier! Mine has been great for carrying the 37.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How is the lift install going??
Got a few more hours tomorrow. Front end is done. Steering components are done, rear control arms done. We just lack shocks, springs, bump stops, and track bar in the rear to finish. Wasted a couple hours trying to get the pitman arm to let go of the drag link. 😐 Ended up requiring a pickle fork, torch, BFH and two guys beating on the dang thing. It’ll all be worth it in the end, but I’m whipped. Took it for a lap around the block when the front end was done before backing in to work the rear. It feels huge already compared to Jeepeto II. I’m really excited to see it finished 🙃

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

If you get a chance, would you post up the part numbers or dimensions of the oem springs? I'm super curious what's actually on there.
I’ll see if I can get measurements tomorrow. (Remind me if I forget)

I do believe them to be ~1.5” lift, I have seen 1.75” better than measured rubicon, and I only got ~2” from the 3.5” lift

I do have pics of part numbers

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 63C6D272-C390-47B0-B169-76D3EE65AAAF

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 14B46667-6A6A-4057-9B93-9F7BD22D73E3

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 03BDB098-BEC4-4BA1-B370-E5558C40D2DF

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread A6489A14-4B68-4321-8AF0-EDED73E3AFF2
Sponsored