Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’ve installed my 4 1/2 springs, it worked perfect. Loaded it’s up in the back about 1/2” to 1”. It look much better. Drives the same. We’re heading to the Rubicon in August, this will be our first overland trip, although only two nights.
IMG_6412.jpeg
Mine arrived while I was away playing in the desert this last week, hope to have them on soon. Thanks for the update 🤙
Sponsored

4a4c55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911, M3, JLU
American Adventure Labs MOLLE door pockets installed today as well. I’m not thrilled with how they attach (screws into plastic interior panel 😐) but time will tell. I may end up drilling them out for rivnuts in the future if they give me any trouble. That being said they match the red rubicon dash perfectly and look a hell of a lot better than the “full diaper” look of the factory door nets
Love the build thread -- thanks for sharing all your notes!

It's been more than a year since you've posted this -- are the plastic anchors holding up or did you switch to riv-nuts, or something else ... ?

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Love the build thread -- thanks for sharing all your notes!

It's been more than a year since you've posted this -- are the plastic anchors holding up or did you switch to riv-nuts, or something else ... ?
Thank you!

The included hardware has been holding up just fine 👍

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Great to know, thanks! I'm surprised there aren't many solutions for the stupid nets. :(
Seems like a silly choice to keep them when they designed the JL IMO. The AAL pockets have been a welcome change for us. Not too much usable space but works great for books/maps/radios without looking like a disaster after using it once or twice.

Sponsored

Dwightrerskine

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JLUR XR, ‘20 Q7, ‘19 S5
The last AAL drawer showed up today!

I got it installed and… it doesn’t fit 😐

I’m waiting for AAL to get back with me with a solution. I checked with them before ordering but it seems it may be a problem unique to the 2021? It is sooo close but it tags the rear corner of the drawer and won’t let the rear seat latch in place. You can see the drivers side sitting against the rounded corner on the CFX3 45

EE4826CD-9D19-4BBD-AD78-A573464A800E.jpeg
@Jeepeto what ever came of this?

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Jeepeto what ever came of this?
I loosened everything up and slid them toward the rear. They aren’t perfectly vertically stacked, but it’s only off by a hair each level. It barely fit, but, it fit.
Sponsored