Sponsored

Jeepers who do a spare tire delete, what is your plan in the event of a flat?

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Well said @Sean L .

My spare is in my 2-door propped against the driver's side back wall , secured with 2 straps . The reason is my knees and back are shot and I cannot lift-down or lift-up my spare . But I can roll it out the back end easily enough .

I even have a lawn chair in back to sit in whilst loosening lug nuts with a cheat bar . I prefer to be self-reliant , even though ready for the bone-yard .
I have a Harbor Freight impact gun for removing lug nuts at home for rotations, etc. Beats the heck out of doing it by hand and is so much faster.
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
What is the logic for removing the spare from the gate?? or off the bumper carrier if running large tires?

Just the clean look??

I get flats in spurts or should say my wife does, fortuantely the tires got her to work or home and she notices low tires, have had to change tires and get them fixed but never stranded road side because they were slow leakers.

Fortuantely she hasnt had a flat in her Sahara, last episode was on her Overland, has to change and get a tire patched, cant do plugs legally here in Maine.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
I seriously doubt you will get stopped for having a plug in your tire. You can get it repaired with a patch at a later date.
I’m removing the spare from mine for a few reasons. Weight off the tailgate, excess weight from unit, visibility and one less tire/wheel to purchase. Bonuses are departure angle reduced and easier to wash. I carry an ARB plug kit and a Power Tank. Those that run bead locks can carry a few tools and a tube. It’s all about personal preference. 😊

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR , 2017 Ram 2500, 1990 YJ
Plug kit and air compressor. Spare comes with on long hauls, and when it's trailered to some serious wheeling.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Can’t be scared

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepers who do a spare tire delete, what is your plan in the event of a flat? IMG_9578

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepers who do a spare tire delete, what is your plan in the event of a flat? IMG_9537
Sponsored