Sponsored

Jeepers - "Ford, thanks for the Bronco reboot"

BWepps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Which one do you tend to gravitate to and put more mileage on ? For what reasons ? šŸ¤”
Good question.

The Bronco is "mine," but the wife loves to drive it. My wife loves the boxy style of both the Wrangler and the Bronco, but unfortunately has Arthritis and is unable to fold the soft top or remove hard top panels. Hence the Sky One Touch on her Willys.

Where the Bronco wins:
Better ride, arrow straight cruising at highway speeds, 300hp 2.3 Turbo base engine, improved tech. Peeps don't like the independent front suspension, but I'm not going crazy off-camber rock climbing. Mirrors on the body when you remove the doors and hinges on the inside with frameless windows.
Where the Willys wins:
Jeep tops fit & finish is way better. Ford needs to step up here. Love that the Willys has "Rubicon bones" stock. Alpine stereo blows away the Ford B&O (which I don't have, but I did have to install an amp and replace all six speakers on the Bronco). What I DON'T like - the hinge/doors corrosion-gate. We'll see how the Bronco does here as the door panels are aluminum as well, but the hinges are inside.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Good question.

The Bronco is "mine," but the wife loves to drive it. My wife loves the boxy style of both the Wrangler and the Bronco, but unfortunately has Arthritis and is unable to fold the soft top or remove hard top panels. Hence the Sky One Touch on her Willys.

Where the Bronco wins:
Better ride, arrow straight cruising at highway speeds, 300hp 2.3 Turbo base engine, improved tech. Peeps don't like the independent front suspension, but I'm not going crazy off-camber rock climbing. Mirrors on the body when you remove the doors and hinges on the inside with frameless windows.
Where the Willys wins:
Jeep tops fit & finish is way better. Ford needs to step up here. Love that the Willys has "Rubicon bones" stock. Alpine stereo blows away the Ford B&O (which I don't have, but I did have to install an amp and replace all six speakers on the Bronco). What I DON'T like - the hinge/doors corrosion-gate. We'll see how the Bronco does here as the door panels are aluminum as well, but the hinges are inside.
šŸ¤”ā€” my 392 rides, handles, and is straight arrow, (to 85 at least) like the SOT but they missed and should have pinned the rear window hinges to the interior and latched them like the side panels making it removable. The frameless windows make good nearly standard half doors, too bad Jeep window/ door design makes it impossible. Donā€™t care for the removable by trail hazard mirrors. Both good with plus and minus differences. šŸ˜Š At least the new Bronco was designed closer to itā€™s icon
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepers - "Ford, thanks for the Bronco reboot" 9FE72CF1-2AB8-43D6-B1A3-E0FEE5AE733F
not this- at least mine was whiteā€¦.and blue :facepalm:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepers - "Ford, thanks for the Bronco reboot" BF8E5620-6237-42A8-94D3-3F2D9B629AA4

Last edited:

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Samā€™s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Jeepers have to thank Ford for throwing their bucking Bronco hat in the ring. Jeep was resting a little too much on its laurels. Bronco stirred things up. Thanks to Ford, Jeepers can now get a '24 Rubicon lite - aka Willys - for ~$40-$45K. for 98% of the Jeep buying public, that is all we need - stock, fully capable right off the lot. Would you have expected Stellantis to have made all this available if Bronco/Sasquatch packages were not selling out months prior to production???
NO WAY - Thanks Ford.
Dude there are like 47 threads going back 3 years with 500+ people saying this. Welcome though. šŸ˜€

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Jeepers have to thank Ford for throwing their bucking Bronco hat in the ring. Jeep was resting a little too much on its laurels. Bronco stirred things up. Thanks to Ford, Jeepers can now get a '24 Rubicon lite - aka Willys - for ~$40-$45K. for 98% of the Jeep buying public, that is all we need - stock, fully capable right off the lot. Would you have expected Stellantis to have made all this available if Bronco/Sasquatch packages were not selling out months prior to production???
NO WAY - Thanks Ford.
How about this instead. Bronco owners should be thanking Jeep that it didnā€™t quit the market 27 years ago. Instead after Ford gave up on the Bronco, Jeep continued to evolve and innovate.

They should be kissing Jeeps ass that Ford then took a JK, and later in the design process a JL, copied everything about it, slapped IFS on and then called it revolutionary. All the while having a Jeep clone in every other way.

So your post is crap. And on behalf of Jeep to all Wrongco owners, your welcome.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepers - "Ford, thanks for the Bronco reboot" IMG_4477

Last edited:

Sponsored

jberry187

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon (JLURD), 1997 Wrangler Sahara
The whole concept of arguing "this brand vs. that brand" is ridiculous. Every one of them has its own positives and negatives. It always comes down to the owner's preference. On that note, what level of retardation does one have to reach in order to come to a Jeep Wrangler forum, looking for a Jeeper to grip Ford's nuts?

Beungood

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Silverado Duramax, 2001 Toyota 4Runner 95 Harley Davidson
The resulting haphazard mishmash that Stellantis is doing to Jeep only serves to piss me off at Stellantis, not thank Ford šŸ˜†
I was hoping someone would buy Jeep away from Stellantis/Fiat.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The whole concept of arguing "this brand vs. that brand" is ridiculous. Every one of them has its own positives and negatives. It always comes down to the owner's preference. On that note, what level of retardation does one have to reach in order to come to a Jeep Wrangler forum, looking for a Jeeper to grip Ford's nuts?
Devils advocateā€” brand competition created NASCAR and the racing sports in general. With competition comes innovation, aerodynamics (Daytona-Superbird), powertrains ( 426/27ā€™s etc), better brakes-suspension etc. in the quest for customer preference. Too bad some idgets canā€™t keep it on a friendly competitive level. šŸ»

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
How about this instead. Bronco owners should be thanking Jeep that it didnā€™t quit the market 27 years ago. Instead after Ford gave up on the Bronco, Jeep continued to evolve and innovate.

They should be kissing Jeeps ass that Ford then took a JK, and later in the design process a JL, copied everything about it, slapped IFS on and then called it revolutionary. All the while having a Jeep clone in every other way.

So your post is crap. And on behalf of Jeep to all Wrongco owners, your welcome.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepers - "Ford, thanks for the Bronco reboot" IMG_4477
Well if thanks are in order someone could thank Jeep for taking Fordā€™s prototype look and running with it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepers - "Ford, thanks for the Bronco reboot" 1684541257146
Sponsored