Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
And what configurations are those? Not sure there is consensus even here?

For me, I wanted a fully loaded JLUR. I just about got what I wanted, but it was missing a headliner. Instead it had the Mopar tailgate reinforcement. Kinda a weird config if you ask me. Also strange, and completely UNWANTED was the "upgraded" Rubicon wheels, that in my opinion look was worse than the cheaper version. Clearly this was the dealer making me pay a premium for an otherwise fully loaded config...
I agree with you on the wheels FCA could up with something better for $995.00 you can purchase aftermarket wheels for less and look a hell of a lot better. Just saying
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
As you are finding out , Manuals are a lot more popular on theses threads than in real life. There’s a reason you can not find them on dealer lots. Nobody wants them, it’s that simple.
Totally agree. The typical wrangler buyer has dramatically changed. I would love to see a demographic breakdown from a TJ through a JL. There is a reason they are cranking out four door auto Wranglers.

AK0311

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me: 17 Renegade, Wife: 12 Journey, Kids: 09 Avenger Want: JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Perhaps if dealers started ordering model configurations that people actually want they wouldn't have this issue :)

I have a feeling warmer weather will take care of the inventory problem.
Almost every Wrangler JL on the three dealers lots close to me is the 2.0 engine. Methinks they're gonna get screwed when nobody buys those and orders what they want or just leave state and drive or ship one back (I'm in Alaska). All the off-road guys I've talked to want absolutely nothing to do with the 2.0 engine and have no problem leaving town to get a better deal on what they want.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Almost every Wrangler JL on the three dealers lots close to me is the 2.0 engine. Methinks they're gonna get screwed when nobody buys those and orders what they want or just leave state and drive or ship one back (I'm in Alaska). All the off-road guys I've talked to want absolutely nothing to do with the 2.0 engine and have no problem leaving town to get a better deal on what they want.
FCA is actually in an interesting place here.

Consider:
  • CAFE is based on sales. If they crank out a ton of 2.0s, it brings the average mileage up and the avoid any potential CAFE fines
  • "All the off-road guys…" are not Jeep's sales base any longer, haven't been for a while; we all know the percentage of Wranglers that even see a gravel driveway is quite low.

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
I’m having difficulty selling my 2 door 3.6 six speed manual JLR. Not many people interested. However, reading this thread, maybe I need to hold on to my Wrangler as it will be a rare bird in a few years.
Out of curiosity, what does Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds (https://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/) say it's worth for Private Party resale? I'm curious to see how the resale of a 2 door stacks up to the resale of a 4 door. I have been very pleased with the resale value of my current JLUR. Total out-of-pocket for me was $38k, after 7% below invoice, the $500 bonus drive rebate, and selling the hard top. Kelly Blue Book is showing over $40k Private Party for my JLUR.

Sponsored

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I am lucky as I have a dealership less than 5 miles from my house. They have at least 50 Wranglers. An approximate count shows at least 10 Rubicons, 6 Moab’s and the rest are 2 doors,4 doors Sahara’s and Sports. The also sell customized Jeeps including the snorkel, lifted Jeeps and armor clad. The majority of their inventory are the turbo 4. After a major snafu, I ended up with a 2019 Moab as I wanted the 6 and all wheel drive as I will do some light off road but no heavy off road. I was told they are pushing the turbo 4 to get their federal average fuel mileage lower. I was in the showroom when told that and laughed as I was standing next to a Hellcat.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Totally agree. The typical wrangler buyer has dramatically changed. I would love to see a demographic breakdown from a TJ through a JL. There is a reason they are cranking out four door auto Wranglers.
You aware right on. Same thing at Harley Davidson as their customer base got old and younger riders don’t necessarily like the old design and don’t have expendable income to purchase $30k bikes. I say this as this is my first Jeep in 25 years and I’m 75. My Jeeps were CJ 5’s and 7’s so climbing into the 2019 was a pleasant shock.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Out of curiosity, what does Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds (https://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/) say it's worth for Private Party resale? I'm curious to see how the resale of a 2 door stacks up to the resale of a 4 door. I have been very pleased with the resale value of my current JLUR. Total out-of-pocket for me was $38k, after 7% below invoice, the $500 bonus drive rebate, and selling the hard top. Kelly Blue Book is showing over $40k Private Party for my JLUR.
Carmax had a loaded 2018 JLUR with 20K for $41K. They also had a 2018 JLU, base sport, manual, soft top, 4K miles, for $32K.

Last edited:

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Carmax had a loaded 2018 JLUR with 20K for $41K. They also had a 2018 JLU, base sport, manual, soft top, 4K miles, for $32K.

just shows you the difference for options....base jlu sport soft top sells for around 31k brand new and they are asking 32k, that JLUR was probably around 50k.

honestly for trade-in prices they just look at the model and barely factor in options in my experience.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
With the way mine is optioned, right at 34k. The sticker was close to 40k

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
honestly for trade-in prices they just look at the model and barely factor in options in my experience.
That's because some of these small options don't add any actual value on a used vehicle. They do add perceived value to ones seeking specific options.

Options that are worth money, face heavy depreciation.

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Of course, two thousand dollar option with fuel saving never break even. How can FCA decide to charge customer for their own cafe compliance job.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Of course, two thousand dollar option with fuel saving never break even. How can FCA decide to charge customer for their own cafe compliance job.
To quote CAR & DRIVER…"But in our steady 75-mpg fuel-economy test, the 2.0-liter returned a fantastic 26mpg, a 6-mpg improvement over the V-6". We all know no one drives at a steady state but the 2.0 is more fuel efficient.

You are getting more then better milage or CAFE compliance with the 2.0T. It might not be the right engine for everyone but it's definitely a more powerful feeling power plant. Anyone who does a back to back test drive will feel this. I think power is the most significant thing about the 2.0T.

It's a $1000 option at MSRP for the 2.0T. It cost $890 at invoice. $785 at 6%-under invoice. The factory warrantied performance the 2.0T provides is a steal for $785.

Lets face it, Wrangler owners spend a LOT more then what the 2.0T option cost on mods. To put thing in perspective. People pay $750 for a Mopar snorkel. $400 for cold air intakes, $400 for exhaust with almost no power gains. What else can you buy for $700-$800? For $700 you can buy Mopar Performance Part Rock Rails like on the MOAB, aftermarket LEDs, bumpers, at take off set of Sport S wheels and tires.

All car companies charge customers for CAFE compliance one way or another.

Last edited:

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Here on this forum. Maybe I read incorrectly and someone can chime in. But I read 2028/19 share same steering components people complain about. And the 2020’s do not share those steering components...maybe it’s revision or new part..? Worth the wait for us, I have enough stress living in miami with crappy drivers, do not want to have steering issues in this city lol
And if it's there, what you think will happen? Will the Jeep turn the steering wheel on its own... or will not turn when you need to change lanes or turn in to a road? Curious to know your thoughts.