Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Addressing the 2020 steering components change ,
from the information that I have read the NEW 2020 steering component part numbers are for the Gladiator not for the wrangler. The wrangler parts carry over. different part numbers because as Jeep has stated there using heavier duty components. I’m guessing the steering knuckles might even be cast-iron rather than the aluminum it has to do with the GVW of the pickup.
Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
I do agree with that statement. Tons of Jeeps(Saharas, Rubicons, Moabs, etc....) in dealerships in my area. ALOT of 2018s, not moving at all. I dont understand how people get the awesome deals by ordering, and when you try to purchase from the lot the offers suck.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
One of the larger dealers in the Omaha area has 18 2019 Rubicons between 4 stores with most of them having an MSRP over $55,000. And they wonder why I want to custom order my own JLUR.

Sponsored

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
The 3 dealers within 10 miles of my house all have at least 50 or 60 sitting on the lot. But as mentioned when I look at the packages and options chosen I shake my head. If dealerships were more proactive reading these forums I think they would get a much better idea of what people want.
When I want to pickup options and packages of my interest, dealer couldn't give me any additional discount, saying he can't make any margin, they only make margins on cosmetic options :)

Dantmcb26

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Who knows if this is true, but I did just factory order a 2019 as a replacement for my 2018, and there wasn't a single 2 door manual within 2500 miles of me. I did a search in NY, and CAL and same thing, maybe 1 or 2 max within 2500 miles.

Moral of this story, maybe building a few more 2 doors, and less 4 doors. Who knows, those 4 doors are sure popular, but I love my 2 door manuals over anything else.

I am also a manual guy. I wanted stick because its not my primary car. Love driving it.

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

They have had record on lot stock of JLs for months, a lot of them 2018. Dealers order what their history shows most buyers want not what is on a forum like this who usually custom order them. FCA wouldn't let the dealers order 3.6 for a while because they need to sell 2.0 for CAFE and dealers can only order stock Jeeps during an open period each month and those can get pushed to the back of the line. FCA is pushing the JL for fleet sales went from 2% to 11% so that is where some inventory is. Plus there some reports that the 2019 run may not be a full year and end this summer. Lots of reasons could be driving inventory.
I don’t think it’s CAFE thing I think it’s because of Gladiator production and they need all the 3.6s for them, every dealership in Southern California has tons of JLs but they all have 2.0 turbos that’s why I had to order mine 2 weeks ago

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

I agree that many dealers have excessively optioned JL's (they make more profit on them) which just turns off so many buyers. A base sahara or rubicon are well equipped and sticker in the low 40s yet most saharas and rubicons are loaded with options pushing them well into the 50's. when I bought my sahara for 39k a sport S that was parked next to it stickered within a few hundred dollars of the sahara due to the excessive options.

I really think that if a dealer ordered a good percentage of JLs with no options other than maybe different trans and hardtop if in the north they would sell much better both for those jeeps as well as the higher sticker priced wranglers (lower sticker price at least gets people in the door).

another bigger problem is that a lot of the JLs around are now coming in with 4 cyl turbos and although they have more torque and better EPA ratings (not sure about real world), it is new technology and most loyal wrangler buyers like to stick to the basics. big surprise that there are almost no 6 cylinders available when I look in my area on jeep.com but tons of 4 cyliners.
Exactly

Gradofan

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2dr

Sponsored

Blues

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I read that dealers could only order the 2.0, but customers could order the 3.6. I asked at my dealer, and the sales person said that he guesses that was correct, because they ONLY had 2.0s on the lot. And the people that are thinking about keeping their JK, I can only say I regret the day I traded my JK for the JL. The JL does some things I like better, but the steering shimmy just really ticks me off. Then the service report comes back "if the customer is not used to driving a Jeep....." Bloody H#ll!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think it’s CAFE thing I think it’s because of Gladiator production and they need all the 3.6s for them, every dealership in Southern California has tons of JLs but they all have 2.0 turbos that’s why I had to order mine 2 weeks ago
My dealer told me back in November they could only order 3.6 for sold orders. Dealer stock orders had to be 2.0. Long before Gladiator. And depending on what Trump does with the CAFE regs requiring 50 mpg for entire fleet by 2025 sold orders may limit 3.6 until they get the diesel online.

JLU4TJ

A little more detail after looking at their sites. 2 of the 3 dealers must be same owner and share inventory. Between them they have 228 Wranglers and only 1 is a Rubicon. The other dealer has 75 and 2 are Rubicons. There are just boatloads of 4 door Sports and Saharas in Black, White and Grey. Lots of 2018s still as well.
Couldn’t agree more. 2 doors are impossible to find. I live in So Cal and not a single Manual Rubicon that was nicely equipped in CA, NZ or AZ. I ordered and waited 3.5 months for it to arrive.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I’m having difficulty selling my 2 door 3.6 six speed manual JLR. Not many people interested. However, reading this thread, maybe I need to hold on to my Wrangler as it will be a rare bird in a few years.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I’m having difficulty selling my 2 door 3.6 six speed manual JLR. Not many people interested. However, reading this thread, maybe I need to hold on to my Wrangler as it will be a rare bird in a few years.
As you are finding out , Manuals are a lot more popular on theses threads than in real life. There’s a reason you can not find them on dealer lots. Nobody wants them, it’s that simple.
Sponsored