SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Exciting!

Kinda weird to go through all that danger and nearly kill other innocent drivers for 4oz of weed, when 2.5oz is legal for medical patients (at AR state level, not federal of course).

Maybe a bad take, but how about they legalize and tax it for recreational use, get rid of the dealers and then fix their poopy roads with the revenue? 🤣
I only seen pot once in my life (never tried it). I was surprised how little will catch a felony at the time... Also I rather be around someone high on pot then someone plastered drunk.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
This guy probably had other issues, like a warrant for his arrest or the possibility of violating his parole, maybe he tossed a gun that was never found, who knows. He had several opportunities, where he was a mile ahead or more, and out of sight, to get off the highway. So either he was high or just not too bright, more than likely some combination of both.

Last edited:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Other than he could have killed innocent people it was nice morning coffee viewing. 90/100 mph is pretty dangerous. Can't remove stupid out of stupid people who don't care about anything.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler unable to handle the curve! Crashes during Police pursuit 1680445592310

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
That was interesting. That guy should lose his license, if he had one, permanently and be put away for a long time to think about the family he could have killed.

I will say I was impressed with the performance of the Jeep, but dude, you're IN A JEEP in BFE, go off road.

I wonder if the officer took shit from his buddies for his cruiser not being able to keep up with a Jeep.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I took some pleasure in observing just what it takes -- a marked cruiser with lights on -- to convince left lane bandits to move right. Said differently, I feel a bit less guilty about undertaking when a couple of high beam flashes fail to motivate those pinheads to provide the same courtesy for regular traffic.

It was also a bit humorous to observe that the segment of the video that is labeled "Trooper catches up" was 8+ minutes long. The poster failed to include "...eventually".

---------------

P.S. -- If I were a betting man, I'd say that the JLU had the 2.0T.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
That was interesting. That guy should lose his license
Doubt he had one, prob never has. That's been my experience anyway. You would be shocked how many are out there driving with no license, a suspended license and/or no insurance. All you need to drive are keys and a car.

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Exciting!

Kinda weird to go through all that danger and nearly kill other innocent drivers for 4oz of weed, when 2.5oz is legal for medical patients (at AR state level, not federal of course).

Maybe a bad take, but how about they legalize and tax it for recreational use, get rid of the dealers and then fix their poopy roads with the revenue? 🤣
Your dreaming. It’s legal here in Canada and we still have the same amount of pot holes!

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Exciting!

He wasn’t running because of the potential arrest, he was running to protect his distributors product. He’s more afraid of his distributor getting angry that he just pulled over than he is of the legal consequences of attempting to flee. I wonder how much he dumped while outside of the officers view.

If you read the news in areas where weed has been made legal, they say because of taxes people still by from illegal sources. So making it legal doesn't necessarily get rid of dealers. The dealers can sell it cheaper.

Sooner or later people like this guy win the Darwin Award...
As a prosecutor in California for the last 3 and a half years I can confidently say that this is not true. Dispensaries are plentiful and the potency at what is found in these dispensaries easily justifies the cost for a majority of people. What you have is the consumers sharing or reselling to friends in smaller amounts (which is technically illegal) but no one cares. The worst of the illegal element of MJ here in Cali are growers selling to dispensaries illegally and they get caught transporting or get caught transporting on their way out of state.

Sponsored

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Pro tip. If you want to catch a speeder you must be traveling a rate that is higher than what the speeder is at.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
He could easily have killed innocent people driving like that. Fortunately no one was hurt.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
As a prosecutor in California for the last 3 and a half years I can confidently say that this is not true. Dispensaries are plentiful and the potency at what is found in these dispensaries easily justifies the cost for a majority of people. What you have is the consumers sharing or reselling to friends in smaller amounts (which is technically illegal) but no one cares. The worst of the illegal element of MJ here in Cali are growers selling to dispensaries illegally and they get caught transporting or get caught transporting on their way out of state.
However you want to word it, illegal activities have increased since legalization was my point. I use the words dealers and dispensaries as interchangeable since both sell to end user. I'm not disagreeing with what you stated, just clarifying what I said and showing what I said is true...

https://alcoholstudies.rutgers.edu/cannabis-black-market-thrives-despite-legalization/

From the above article (and there are other articles as well)...

"Take California for example: first in the nation to legalize the medical use of the drug in 1996, the state would go on to legalize recreational use in 2016. But in just the past year, the state reported several massive illegal cannabis busts, with 20 tons of cannabis confiscated off a series of farms, $8 million worth of plants found in a thought-abandoned warehouse alongside a busy highway, and 100+ illegal operations busted in the southern town of Anza – just over the last three or four months.

What’s more, police reports suggest that arrests for pot crimes have increased following the drug’s legalization. Among such reports are a series of police records secured by the Los Angeles Times in early 2019 – compared to the rates of cannabis smuggling from before legalization was implemented, the documents suggest that arrests have risen as much as 166% since 1996."

"This troubling event touches on one of the several underlying reasons as to how cannabis’s more dubious markets are managing to survive despite legalization, as recent data suggests that California produces nearly five times the amount of cannabis as is legally consumed. And the off-state smuggling business that could be created by such a surplus can only be strengthened by the drug’s industrialization.

As former dealers and growers fail to keep up with the marketing and brick-and-mortar convenience of fast-growing commercial options such as NETA, they naturally attempt to go where their prime competition cannot, packing up thousands of dollars worth of leaves and shipping them out of state.

But this is not to say that total legalization will bring an end to this underground market either. While it may end the current drug smuggling rush, there are distinct advantages that local, underground pot salespeople have over licensed dispensaries.

Perhaps the most significant of these advantages is the possibility for local dealers to sell bud at far lower prices. Thanks to significant $9.25 tax per ounce of flower required from dealers and an additional 15% excise tax required from the consumer, legal options in CA may end up far pricier than their underground counterparts."

Last edited: