Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I noticed that when I read the article, was also surprised.
Wondering if dealers are playing the get the 2-door card. In fact, I went to a dealer to order a Jeep, and when I said 2 doors then it was full MSRP and I said WHAT and WHY? The dealer told me 2022 was the last year for the 2 door and they were on limited ordering. I ended up ordering a 2023 from another dealer...at 1% under invoice.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Wondering if dealers are playing the get the 2-door card. In fact, I went to a dealer to order a Jeep, and when I said 2 doors then it was full MSRP and I said WHAT and WHY? The dealer told me 2022 was the last year for the 2 door and they were on limited ordering. I ended up ordering a 2023 from another dealer...at 1% under invoice.
The '22 2-doors did get stuck in limited ordering earlier this year, where at first, certain options/configs were restricted and then shortly after, you couldn't order them at all (until the '23 order banks opened).

I'm personally of the mindset that with current sales trends for the Wrangler, I just don't see the 2-door sticking around forever. Really hope I'm wrong though, cuz I still think the 4-door looks kinda goofy (jmo of course, still glad it exists for others).

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
The '22 2-doors did get stuck in limited ordering earlier this year, where at first, certain options/configs were restricted and then shortly after, you couldn't order them at all (until the '23 order banks opened).

I'm personally of the mindset that with current sales trends for the Wrangler, I just don't see the 2-door sticking around forever. Really hope I'm wrong though, cuz I still think the 4-door looks kinda goofy (jmo of course, still glad it exists for others).
CONCUR 100%

I did some Consulting for Chrysler, Jeep and while I consulting was IT I did end up meeting with the top dogs at Jeep Wrangler ( they found out I had been driving Jeeps since the 60s). I brought up the 4-door that I had seen a SEMA and I can say Jeep was still thinking about it. I gave them my $0.02 cents worth that I thought the 4-door would be a real Breakthru for Jeep as long as they kept it looking like a Jeep or a 2-door with added doors. LOL they asked if I would buy one. I said I had to say no, only because I was a passionate rock crawler/off roader, that was my hobby and had been for years. I also said I had never owned a 4 door car in my life as I had no children. But I still thought it would sell like hotcakes at a church social to those with families that wanted some Jeep fun.

I do think if they ever drop the 2 door it will be the death knell for Jeep as we know it today. It will become a 4wd Optional, soft suspension, bigger but not badder. I am saddened that things like Rubicon Recon Extreme are not offered for the 2-door. The 2-dr Jeep is the PREMIERE Off-road vehicle, hands down. The 4-door is a formidable off-road rig of which FEW (if any) can compete with but heads up 2dr vs 4dr all things being equal the 2-door will win that race.
Sponsored