Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. 3 the whole year. Rarer than a Ferrari. Rich people got it all wrong.

Also. How did they sell 27 darts? Didn’t they kill that off a long time ago?
They stopped all Midsize sedans like 3 years ago and the Dart not long after.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's spooky how everytime I post in this thread about all these sales being driven by the new JK supply that's left on the lots, those posts disappear. We must have a ghost playing around in here. :bandit:

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
It's spooky how everytime I post in this thread about all these sales being driven by the new JK supply that's left on the lots, those posts disappear. We must have a ghost playing around in here. :bandit:
I drive a lot. I really don't see many JLs. One every few days maybe - which is not a lot living in Philadelphia. I googled the sales numbers and saw all this Wrangler sales records stuff.

Here I was thinking the JL has been a bust. Maybe not. Or maybe just the JKs selling so well still.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Lol. 3 the whole year. Rarer than a Ferrari. Rich people got it all wrong.

Also. How did they sell 27 darts? Didn’t they kill that off a long time ago?
The Avenger sale (not sales). Was it hidden in the back of the factory? I mean zero last year. I'd expect a taper down.

Maybe ones that were left on the sales floor? Seems like a waste to have it on the floor still though.

I picture a guy walking through the old Avenger factory and moving a box to see a dusty Avenger still sitting there. Or maybe it was like in the movie 'Gung Ho', and someone took all the leftover parts and made one up.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I drive a lot. I really don't see many JLs. One every few days maybe - which is not a lot living in Philadelphia. I googled the sales numbers and saw all this Wrangler sales records stuff.

Here I was thinking the JL has been a bust. Maybe not. Or maybe just the JKs selling so well still.
I took delivery of my JL in March and had never seen one on the road "in the wild" before then. Now I see at least 5-10 JLs a day on my 10min commute to work. FCA definitely had a slower than expected roll out but the JL numbers are growing and growing fast.

I am curious to see how many JKs they still have in stock and are trying to unload, especially with 2018 JL order banks closing this week and 2019s opening up in a month or so.

Sponsored

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 XR, C7Z Corvette, C5Z Corvette

Got my JL back in January. Only saw 2 other JLs driving around Charlotte for the next couple months. Thought I was special! Now I see them on the roads every single day. ;)

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Got my JL back in January. Only saw 2 other JLs driving around Charlotte for the next couple months. Thought I was special! Now I see them on the roads every single day. ;)
I guess the current JK to JL proportions on the road are why they seem hard to see. How many JKs were sold? 2 million? I'm sure given the same production time, the JL will exceed that.
Sponsored