Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

June 2018 Jeep Wrangler sales figures were reported today, showing that FCA sold 23,110 Jeep Wranglers for the month of June. This is 4,271 units more than sold in June 2017 (representing a +23% increase).

The 23,110 Wranglers sold has made it the best-selling Jeep, beating out the Cherokee's 22,433.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 9.31.18 AM.jpg

Press Release:

FCA US Reports June 2018 Sales
  • FCA reports best June retail sales in 14 years
  • Jeep® brand reports its best month of June sales ever, up 19 percent
  • Ram Truck brand posts best June sales ever, up 6 percent
  • Jeep Cherokee reports best month of sales ever, up 89 percent
July 3, 2018 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC today reported June 2018 sales of 202,264 vehicles, an 8 percent increase compared with sales in June 2017 of 187,348 vehicles.

Overall sales were bolstered by both the Jeep® and Ram Truck brands, which reported significant increases for the month. FCA retail sales came in at 155,208, marking the best June sales since 2004 when sales reached 155,663 vehicles. Fleet accounted for 23 percent of total sales, a 1 percent decline from the previous year.

Jeep Brand
Jeep brand notched its best month of June sales ever with 86,989 vehicles sold compared with 73,153 in June 2017. Driving the results were the Cherokee, Compass and Wrangler nameplates. Cherokee and Compass sales nearly doubled, with Cherokee reporting 22,433 vehicle sales compared with 11,895 in June 2017. Compass sales were 15,142 compared with 8,311 in June 2017. Wrangler sales increased to 23,110 vehicles compared with 18,839 in June 2017.

Ram Truck Brand
Ram Truck brand scored a variety of records as sales increased 6 percent to 51,729 vehicles, making it the best June sales ever. Ram brand retail sales also had their best June ever, rising 4 percent to 36,750. Driving the increase was Light-Duty pickup truck retail sales, which rose 11 percent to 24,036 vehicles. Total sales of the Ram ProMaster van nearly doubled to 6,996 vehicles.

Chrysler Brand
Chrysler brand total sales declined 32 percent in June to 13,484 vehicles compared with June of the previous year.

Dodge Brand
Dodge brand total sales rose 9 percent to 46,387 as Charger sales rose 4 percent to 6,640 vehicles compared with 6,379 vehicles in June 2017.

FIAT Brand
Sales of Fiat declined 36 percent to 1,426 vehicles.

Alfa Romeo Brand
Alfa Romeo brand sales of 2,249 vehicles were up significantly compared with the same month a year ago. Stelvio led the brand with 1,231 vehicle sales, followed by Giulia at 979 vehicles.

Method of Determining FCA US LLC’s Monthly Sales. FCA US’s reported vehicle sales represent unit sales of vehicles to retail customers, deliveries of vehicles to fleet customers and to others such as FCA US’s employees and retirees as well as vehicles used for marketing. Most of these reported sales reflect retail sales made by dealers out of their own inventory of vehicles previously purchased by them from FCA US. Reported vehicle units sales do not correspond to FCA US’s reported revenues, which are based on FCA US’s sale and delivery of vehicles, and typically recognized upon shipment to the dealer or end customer. As announced on July 26, 2016, FCA US has modified its methodology for monthly sales reporting as follows:
  • Sales to retail customers by dealers in the U.S. are derived from the New Vehicle Delivery Report (“NVDR”) system and are determined as the sum of (A) all sales recorded by dealers during the month net of all unwound transactions recorded to the end of that month (whether the original sale was recorded in the current month or any prior month); plus (B) all sales of vehicles during that month attributable to past unwinds that had previously been reversed in determining monthly sales (in the current or prior months).
  • Fleet sales are recorded upon the shipment of the vehicle by FCA US to the customer or end user.
  • Other retail sales are recorded either (A) when the sale is recorded in the NVDR system (for sales by dealers in Puerto Rico and limited sales made through distributors that submit NVDRs in the same manner as for sales by U.S. dealers) or (B) upon receipt of a similar delivery notification (for vehicles for which NVDRs are not entered such as vehicles for FCA employees).
Sponsored

Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
wonder how many 2 doors

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Think what the numbers would be if they could actually deliver all of the late orders...
I'm curious as to the total number of orders Jeep has gotten. Must be astronomical if they're having delays like this.

Sponsored

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
Think what the numbers would be if they could actually deliver all of the late orders...
That's what I say too. I started my Rubicon order in February, it took until April 11th for the build to be accepted and I am STILL waiting for the status to change from C to something else. My salesman told me last week that my Jeep probably would not be scheduled until August. I ordered a 2 door Rubicon in Punkn' with the V6 and Tan Premium Soft Top. Hurry up and wait.

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
I second that... 100+ days still waiting
and what's weird is now if you build the Jeep online, in order to get the Tan Premium Soft Top, the system forces you to go with the $1000 upgrade 2.0 turbo engine. I think it is Jeeps way of slowing down sales of the Tan Premium Soft Top. When my order was accepted, it included the V6 3.6 engine. Many buyers would now probably pass on the Tan top if they have to shell out for the unproven 2.0 turbo.
I've been told that the Tan Premium Soft Top is the reason for many delays in production, although I don't know the details. All I know is the top definitely impacted my order. My sales guy told me that if I would change to the black top, my Jeep would be quickly built. I told him no way, no Tan top, no sale.

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
Come Jay, use your clout and get the breakdown of wranglers by model (and JLs only). I did see the numbers once back in May but don’t remember where and the ratio of 4DR:2DR was 10:1 or something along that magnitude.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I’d like to meet the one guy that bought an Avenger. That’s a man that might need a friend. . .
Lol. 3 the whole year. Rarer than a Ferrari. Rich people got it all wrong.

Also. How did they sell 27 darts? Didn’t they kill that off a long time ago?
Sponsored