Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck (JT) Spy Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Updated post - April 27, 2017

The elusive Jeep Wrangler pickup hasn’t been seen in nine months, but today we spied it again and it’s looking more production ready than it did last summer!

The previous Wrangler pickup prototype we saw (photos below) had a pickup bed that was obviously a temporary part (borrowed from a Ram 1500) with a cobbled together fit, and wheels that weren’t even centered in the wheel wells. The bed on the prototype spied today looks much more like the real deal.

The prototype in our photos is the 4 door unlimited crew cab pickup model.

Originally slated for production beginning late 2018, the JT pickup has been pushed to late 2019.

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/2019-jeep-pickup-truck-1-jpg.1040/[img]

[ATTACH=full]2373[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2375[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2376[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2377[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2378[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2379[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2380[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2382[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2383[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2384[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2385[/ATTACH]

[B][I]Original post - July 20, 2016[/I][/B]

The 2019 Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck has just been spied for the first time!

This prototype Jeep Wrangler Pickup sports a long wheelbase, generous looking pickup bed and overall large proportions. The pickup bed appears to be nearly the size of a bed in a half-ton truck, perhaps in the five-foot range and is seen wearing off-road tires.

Although the truck is heavily camouflaged, the iconic seven slot grille is seen poking through the cladding and Ram-esque tail lights judging by the shape of the covers.

[URL='http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?99-JL-Wrangler-Loses-Weight-Confirmed-First-Half-2017-Jeep-Pickup-in-Early-2018']Confirmed by FCA[/URL] to be introduced in early 2018, this first glimpse of the 2019 Wrangler Pickup Truck shows that it plans to be a legitimate work truck.

[ATTACH=full]228[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]229[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]231[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]233[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]234[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]235[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]236[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]237[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]239[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]240[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]241[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]242[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]243[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]244[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]246[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]247[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]248[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]249[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]250[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]251[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]252[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]253[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]254[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]255[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]256[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]257[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]258[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]259[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]260[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]261[/ATTACH]
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Finally!

And wow I was not expecting it to be so big and have such a large bed. Wonder if they just used one of the Ram trucks as a mule.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Finally!

And wow I was not expecting it to be so big and have such a large bed. Wonder if they just used one of the Ram trucks as a mule.
Yea I dont think thats the final bed as 1) the fenders dont line up well with the font ones, and 2) I would expect the bed to have removable fenders similar to AEV Brute.

One positive is it looks like its got a removable top

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Great pics. Don't think I've seen aerial spy pics like this before. Spy photographers are either using drones or helicopters now.. impressive.

They kept the bed a relatively compact size and relatively short overhang which is nice. Maybe this thing will actually have some the chops for off road use.

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
Will we see a 2 door pickup or is this it? It looks like no slouch but as others have said I think it's just a mule.

Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Too big for my taste. Tired of each generation getting fatter. I'm holding out that they will make a 2 door or at least half rear doors model but I'm doubting that will happen. Guess I'll be keeping my LJ.

=Jason-

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
This has to be just a mule. The tires don't even align with the wheel wells. The fenders also don't cover the tires in the rear. That looks like a cobbled together RAM bed on a JL mule.

Brogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
This has to be just a mule. The tires don't even align with the wheel wells. The fenders also don't cover the tires in the rear. That looks like a cobbled together RAM bed on a JL mule.
I think the rear will still get wide fender covers like the front. Once those are on, the tires won't stick out like this.

Sponsored

jb1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ Wrangler
That's a JK roof with a Ram bed so it's definitely a mule. Probably powertrain testing with this prototype.

I know many want that removable JK roof but I would not be surprised if it comes fixed (possibly like the rest of the JL lineup).

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Crew cab? I was expecting something much smaller. Would like to see a 2 door offered.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.