Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

FCA US Reports May 2018 Sales
  • FCA US reports best month of retail sales since July 2005
  • Jeep® brand reports record May of total sales, up 29 percent
  • Jeep Wrangler reports record May of total sales, up 26 percent
  • Ram Light Duty retail sales rise 18 percent in May
June 1, 2018 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC today reported sales of 214,294 vehicles in May 2018, an 11 percent increase compared with sales of 193,040 vehicles in May 2017.

U.S. retail sales for the month rose 10 percent to 167,785, making it the highest month of retail sales since July 2005 when 219,045 vehicles were sold. It was also the best May since 2004. Retail sales accounted for 78 percent of total sales. Fleet sales accounted for 22 percent of total sales, a slight uptick from 21 percent for May 2017.

Jeep® Brand
Jeep brand total sales rose 29 percent to 97,287 vehicles, making it the best May in the company’s history. Driving the brand was the Jeep Wrangler as total sales rose 26 percent to 25,102 vehicles. The results marked the best May ever. Meanwhile, Jeep Compass total sales rose to 17,327 vehicles, making it the best month of sales ever.

Ram Truck Brand
Ram Truck brand total sales rose 2 percent to 51,884 vehicles compared with the previous year. Ram Light Duty retail sales rose 18 percent in May to 27,011 vehicles.

Chrysler Brand
Chrysler brand total sales declined 18 percent in May to 14,724 vehicles compared with the same month a year ago.

Dodge Brand
Dodge brand total sales rose 4 percent to 46,581. The Dodge Journey notched a new May record as monthly sales increased 37 percent to 10,966 vehicles.

FIAT Brand
Sales of Fiat declined 46 percent to 1,441 vehicles.

Alfa Romeo Brand
Alfa Romeo brand sales of 2,377 vehicles were up significantly compared with the same month a year ago. Giulia led the brand with 1,175 sales, followed by Stelvio at 1,183 sales.

FCA US LLC Sales Summary May 2018​

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.05.44 AM.jpg

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see FCA sales are picking up overall. Its just a shame to see the namesake brands aren't doing well compared to the others though.

DerekH

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Record sales and record wait times too? Still haven’t gotten my JLU after 6 weeks, I know I’m not alone

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Record sales and record wait times too? Still haven’t gotten my JLU after 6 weeks, I know I’m not alone
6-8 weeks is already the standard wait time not including the delays. I waited 11 1/2 weeks for mine and a lot of people still have me beat on the wait. Only the lucky few have gotten theirs in the 4-6 week range.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
It looks like their grouping in the JK and JL so we don’t have that break down , but I would sure hope with two factories running making two models of wrangler as opposed to just one that the sales volume would be higher.

Sponsored

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
good news

Congratulations For a staff JL ..
These men made a great effort worthy of admiration and respect

They face great challenges and must be won through accuracy, speed and development.

Mooch76

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Train Operator
I’m at 6 weeks today. It’s built(JLR), but no shipping info as of yet. They told me to call on Monday for an eta.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
6-8 weeks is already the standard wait time not including the delays. I waited 11 1/2 weeks for mine and a lot of people still have me beat on the wait. Only the lucky few have gotten theirs in the 4-6 week range.
I waited 19 weeks. Ordered Jan 8. People ordering now are will be in the 6 - 8 week range. With all that was involved in the rollout of the new JL a longer than normal wait can be expected. Some guys who ordered in December are still waiting. Thhe 2019 model year will be much smoother. And I will say the new JL is phenomenal!

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
It looks like their grouping in the JK and JL so we don’t have that break down , but I would sure hope with two factories running making two models of wrangler as opposed to just one that the sales volume would be higher.
JK model stopped being built a while back. While sales may be combined, there should not be an impact at the factory.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Yep. I was one of the lucky. Ordered and arrived in almost exactly 4 weeks.

Sponsored

vikinghorde

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2DR (Ordered 3/2/18)
Ordered 3/2, it sits in a Toledo lot waiting to get loaded on the train for over two weeks. JL 2DR Sport S. 13 weeks.....1/4 year.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
JK model stopped being built a while back. While sales may be combined, there should not be an impact at the factory.
JKs were being built through the end of April.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Well that should be it for the increases in sales now. As the new JK supply is starting to dry up, I predict that we'll see sales hit a plateau now. I've been anxious to see how Wrangler does this summer and especially into the early fall considering the new pricing structures. Here we go! If we see a decline by August I won't be surprised.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Well that should be it for the increases in sales now. As the new JK supply is starting to dry up, I predict that we'll see sales hit a plateau now. I've been anxious to see how Wrangler does this summer and especially into the early fall considering the new pricing structures. Here we go! If we see a decline by August I won't be surprised.
Not sure how "dry" it really is out there for JKs. As of today, one of the dealers I deal with across the river in Minnesota has 59 JKs (and 54 JLs) on their two lots and my local dealer here in small town Wisconsin has 53 JKs (and only 14 JLs) on their lot. I suspect that more than a few dealers stocked up on the JKs while they could "just in case," not to mention that FCA, like other manufacturers, dumps vehicles on dealers as it sees fit. Those JK sales will be reflected in the June sales summary, very likely some in July, and probably even a few in August before the JKs are likely to be truly gone, gone.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how "dry" it really is out there for JKs. As of today, one of the dealers I deal with across the river in Minnesota has 59 JKs (and 54 JLs) on their two lots and my local dealer here in small town Wisconsin has 53 JKs (and only 14 JLs) on their lot. I suspect that more than a few dealers stocked up on the JKs while they could "just in case," not to mention that FCA, like other manufacturers, dumps vehicles on dealers as it sees fit. Those JK sales will be reflected in the June sales summary, very likely some in July, and probably even a few in August before the JKs are likely to be truly gone, gone.
Yep, it will be a while before the last JK will be sold as new. We still see a few Darts every month even though that model has been discontinued for a while. They must be hidden somewhere.
Sponsored