KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
2.0 push will do that. I see TONS of them on the lot 90+ days. The market has spoken.
Stopped at a dealer in southern WI this weekend just to see what they had on the lot. Total of 20 JL's on the lot, all automatics with 50/50 split of 4L vs V6. Want to say that the majority were hard tops too and only three or four 2 doors.
Sponsored

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Man if the new Bronco is half as successful as the F series trucks it will decimate Wrangler sales. On Thursday, Ford released sales data that showed 0.2% growth in F-Series sales during the first three months of the year, from 214,191 in 2018 to 214,611 in 2019. In comparison Ram sold only 120,026 trucks. And just to be clear the Ram trucks are built by good old FCA the very exact same company that makes you guessed it the Jeep Wrangler. Yep, I think FCA might have one hell of a fight on their hands with Ford.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...silverado-f-150-ford-pickup-sales/3352053002/
I don't think the new Bronco will have much affect on Wrangler sales. Sure, it might sway some newcomers, but very few, if any Jeep loyalists are going to trade their tried and true Wranglers for a retro boxy looking off-road upstart. If it wins accolades like SUV of the year, or somehow outdoes the Rubicon at places like Moab, curiosity might push some to actually test drive one. Looking at and test driving are far from actually buying though. Actual competition in the world that Jeep has dominated for years is a good thing for everyone.

WranglerBoost

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Turbo
I don't think the new Bronco will have much affect on Wrangler sales. Sure, it might sway some newcomers, but very few, if any Jeep loyalists are going to trade their tried and true Wranglers for a retro boxy looking off-road upstart. If it wins accolades like SUV of the year, or somehow outdoes the Rubicon at places like Moab, curiosity might push some to actually test drive one. Looking at and test driving are far from actually buying though. Actual competition in the world that Jeep has dominated for years is a good thing for everyone.
Totally agree. Jeeps guys will be Jeep guys and difficult to trade to the Bronco. I assume more Jeep owners will switch to the Gladiator (not off-roader but the mall crawlers). The Bronco will only hurt FCA, if it comes for a better bargain.

WranglerBoost

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Turbo
Stopped at a dealer in southern WI this weekend just to see what they had on the lot. Total of 20 JL's on the lot, all automatics with 50/50 split of 4L vs V6. Want to say that the majority were hard tops too and only three or four 2 doors.
That's interesting (I assume 2L, not 4L :). Did you ask what sells better? From my experience, people are still sceptical about the 2L engine. Very similar to the first EcoBoost engines Ford introduced. Nobody expected them to be that successful. I think we'll see the same within FCA.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
That's interesting (I assume 2L, not 4L :). Did you ask what sells better? From my experience, people are still sceptical about the 2L engine. Very similar to the first EcoBoost engines Ford introduced. Nobody expected them to be that successful. I think we'll see the same within FCA.
Correct, 2L, was thinking 4 cylinder ;)

Appears that FCA is pushing the 2L which basically dooms the 6 speed MT. Even the V6’s they had were all auto tranny.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Current Jeep loyalist may not move to the Bronco, but there are brand new drivers every day. 10 years from now may be another story

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Yeah I know you guys may be right but only time will tell. In my opinion and I emphasize it's just my opinion seems those that think the Bronco won't sell well are Rubicon drivers. Funny thing is that Rubicons are in the vast minority of Wrangler sales, more are Sport or Sahara.
Why do you post consistently negative things about the Wrangler on a daily basis and why are you having such a hard time dealing with the fact you chose a Sahara? You are always trying to somehow throw shade at the Rubicon, I can find dozens of posts. You look silly and very insecure. Then you post about how you are happy Wrangler sales are tanking. Why on earth do you even own a Wrangler?

Are you going to go run to the mods and cry again because somebody was mean to you?

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Jon sorry you are taking this personally by interjecting your feelings into it. Please feel free to constructively comment on any of my individual posts but responding to what you reference here to dozens of posts is just way to much work, sorry.
Have no interest in engaging with you in any way. Your constant negative posts speak for themselves. Not taking anything personally I'm very happy to have chosen my Rubicon Turbo. Obviously you can't say the same. You don't see me trying to denigrate those who chose a Sahara. Anyone interested can just look up your posts and read the negativity and the Rubicon bashing. Speaks volumes.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plain and simple. This forum is meant for owners or prospective owners of the Jeep Wrangler. It's annoying to see threads hijacked by references to a yet to be seen product from Ford.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Look I get it, you've been on this forum for 3 months now and you think it should be a particular way and it is not. I have been on here for over a year and a half and have learned to just scroll past or ignore a comment that I don't like. Hell I unwatch many a thread when it goes off course because usually after 4-5 pages there is nothing left to offer. Feel free to scroll past my comments, hit the ignore button on me or unwatch particular threads or do nothing at all. I will close by saying I love my Wrangler but I don't worship it or any other piece of machinery, just saying. You have a nice day and hope you get over that boredom. :)
Well, the OG has spoken and so it shall be! BUT since I have been here for TWO years now and out rank you, I hereby make all your comments null and void!

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
21% decrease for March and now 25% decrease for April, not looking too good here.
Looks fine, they’re selling plenty. Of course it was gonna go down with all of the JKs mixed with the JLs last year.