Jeep Wrangler June 2019 Sales Figures (US and Canada)

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Sales spiked in 2018 because Jeep was selling 2 generations of Wrangler at the same time. Just like FCA is doing again now with RAM
I am not sure I follow that logic, could you please elaborate? Is it similar to the unemployment rate is low because so many people have 2 jobs?

Advertisement

SecondTJ

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I am not sure I follow that logic, could you please elaborate? Is it similar to the unemployment rate is low because so many people have 2 jobs?
You’re saying there was a “first year spike” in JL sales. Problem is that when FCA said they sold 240,000 Wranglers in 2018, that number included both JK and JL. They built 99,000 JK Wranglers for 2018, which means JL didn’t even come close to selling near the 190-200,000 units that JK has been selling.

2019 will be the first year of JL only sales. FCA has tripled Wrangler fleet sales in an effort to keep them moving as retail demand falls.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
You’re saying there was a “first year spike” in JL sales. Problem is that when FCA said they sold 240,000 Wranglers in 2018, that number included both JK and JL. They built 99,000 JK Wranglers for 2018, which means JL didn’t even come close to selling near the 190-200,000 units that JK has been selling.

2019 will be the first year of JL only sales. FCA has tripled Wrangler fleet sales in an effort to keep them moving as retail demand falls.
I think FCA overestimated the popularity of the JL Wrangler especially with the new Gladiator trucks coming out.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Chrysler generally makes great looking vehicles. You can always tell a Chrysler vehicle and even in the old days Chrysler never disappointed with their body design. And then there is of course the Wrangler and it is a totally different animal from the rest of the pack. Most of cars today just look like dozen of eggs in a cardboard box, they just all look the same. You can call me old fashioned but I always wished to drive an American automobile .

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Impressive how the GC is still going strong despite being on an 10 year old platform. Shows how good of a vehicle it is.
I think a lot of it has to do with it being used in fleets and rentals and is cheap as shit. I drive one for work and it sucks compared to the Pacifica I used for two years. Loved that van but the new tax laws prevent me from writing mileage off now so back to a company ride.

four low

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Interest rate increases, big price increases,consumer debt over load has dealt a blow to new JL sales, at least in my area...Regional sales have an impact, my area sees Sport, Sport S sales, Saharas languish on the lot. Maybe "Peak SUV" is here...

modeler

First Name
d
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
i can't find july figure thread, can op post it?

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
Lol at the 1 Avenger sale. Wasn't that discontinued after 2014? Could one have been sitting on the dealer lot all this time?

M0ondogy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Lol at the 1 Avenger sale. Wasn't that discontinued after 2014? Could one have been sitting on the dealer lot all this time?
I bought a new 05 in 09.

Toyota 4 runner. It's was in an "accident" so nobody wanted it.

Test drive pulling out of dealer lot and drive it rite into a mailbox. The font of this thing had a scrape down the side. Cop was passing at the moment, so it made records. Otherwise it would be repaired by dealer and never mentioned. No structure damage or anything. All cosmetic.

It was cheap and new. Thing has me over 200k miles now and not a problem.

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement