Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

FCA posted record July sales of the Jeep Wrangler, selling 21,308 vehicles which marks a 14% increase over the previous July and once again making it the best selling Jeep vehicle, edging out both Cherokee and Grand Cherokee models. :like:

July 2018 FCA Sales Chart.jpg

August 1, 2018 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC today reported July 2018 sales of 170,970 vehicles, a 6 percent increase compared with sales in July 2017 of 161,477 vehicles.

Overall sales were propelled by the Ram brand and Jeep® brand. The Jeep brand had its best July ever as the Cherokee, Compass and Wrangler nameplates all scored record increases. FCA retail sales increased 6 percent to 153,925 vehicles while fleet sales totaled 17,045. Fleet accounted for 10 percent of overall sales.

Jeep Brand
Jeep brand July sales rose 15 percent to 79,906 vehicles. It was the seventh straight month Jeep sales have increased over the same month the previous year. Cherokee sales rose 71 percent to 20,210 vehicles, while Compass sales rose 63 percent to 12,300 vehicles, Sales of the Wrangler rose 14 percent to 21,308 vehicles.
Sponsored

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Makes sense To me best Jeep ever gets you the best sales ever!

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
You have to wonder why the sales are dropping from prior months? There is still a significant backlog of Wrangler orders. I thought production would be holding steady at 24,000 or in fact surging. I suppose the railroad and trucking shortage has impacted these sales numbers.

Warngler sales 2018-08-02_12-18-53.jpg

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
You have to wonder why the sales are dropping from prior months? There is still a significant backlog of Wrangler orders. I thought production would be holding steady at 24,000 or in fact surging. I suppose the railroad and trucking shortage has impacted these sales numbers.

Warngler sales 2018-08-02_12-18-53.jpg
Maybe earlier months are including more JKs.

Sponsored

Robp7787

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU High Altitude; 2010 Liberty -named Turtle
This would all seem somehow a lot more exciting if my FCA stock hadn’t lost 10% of it value in the last 2 weeks.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Sales are cyclical, with seasonal dependencies. Summers tend to taper down for most SUVs; no worry about winter weather, and it's late for summer fun. Also worth remembering that this number includes both JK and JL, so as JK supply dwindles, the sales number should come down a bit.

Expect a spike in September for Labor Day and October as people start thinking about the winter.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
This is good news!

In other news, looks like people hate the 200, town and country and the patriot, lol

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR (Awaiting Delivery - Order Date 7/20/18), Billet Silver, 3.6 V6, 8 spd. Auto, Sky One-Touch Power Roof, Leather Interior, Color Fender Flares, Remote Proximity Keyless, Steel Bumper, Safety Group, Infotainment, LED Group. Trailer Tow
Occupation
Retired Lawyer
There are several reasons why there was a drop in the July sales numbers of the 2018 Wrangler. I will list them in the order of impact:

1. The biggest reason is that the last official FCA date to place a factory build order for a 2018 Wrangler JL was July 19th. Shortly before that date, the manufacturer had already closed ordering of a few JL trims, including the JLUR outfitted with the 2.0 Liter turbo with automatic transmission. Orders for the 2019 model can be placed beginning 9/18/2018 and production of the new 2019 JL models starts 10/29/18. Thus, in the month of July, Jeep dealers had roughly twelve less days to sell custom ordered Wranglers than previous months;

2. As we approached the end of the 2018 build cycle, many prospective Wrangler buyers reasoned that it would be better to simply wait until September and order a 2019 model. The rational included:

A.) The residual or trade-in value of the 2019 model would be higher than the 2018 vehicle down the road when it came time to purchase a subsequent vehicle. Consumer Reports warns that "a leftover new car is a year old the moment you drive it off the lot. That doesn’t matter much if you keep your cars a long time, but you’ll lose a bundle on depreciation if you trade every couple of years";
B.) Despite the fact that 2019'S were right around the corner, FCA failed to implement any July discount promotional deals to motivate customers to place a 2018 custom order or purchase a 2018 Wrangler off the dealer's lot;
C.) Given the late date, many prospective July Wrangler buyers elected to wait for the 2019 model which they figured would avoid the "kinks" FCA was working out in the first year of building the fully redesigned Wrangler. There have been several "Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) issued in connection with the 2018 Wrangler JL. A recall for a problem associated with the cruse control and a self starting Wrangler fire at a Toledo storage lot did not build consumer confidence.
D.) Details about the 2019 Wrangler were starting to trickle in. For example, adaptive cruise control, forward collision avoidance and at least one new color would be included in the 2019 model line. Jeep enthusiasts were also hoping for the release of a "special Edition";
D.) Spy photos of the highly anticipated 2019 Jeep Pickup (JT) were surfacing and at a FCA dealership meeting it was revealed that this vehicle would be on dealer lots in 2019 as well.

3. On July 10th, FCA announced a second price increase and also upped the "destination charge". These increased retail costs could be expected to boost corporate profit margins, but have less than a positive effect on sales.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
This is good news!

In other news, looks like people hate the 200, town and country and the patriot, lol
the patriot was discontinued and the sales for it are the leftovers. They are actually pretty nice...enough room in them to haul stuff. but I may be prejudiced, my gf has one. still haven't gotten my JLU yet. may cancel if it isn't here by end of month and just get a 2019. But that will mean at least another 2-3 months of waiting.

Sponsored

PEZ

First Name
PEZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Canadian sales are telling a different story.
In reading the article posted on allpar.com website, FCA was the only major car manufacturer to see a steep decline.
“It was not an industry-wide bloodbath; only FCA was so severely hit.”

089BEE8E-EC10-4BFF-A4F7-3B0092B1979B.gif

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
I have to write this and voice my frustrations about the 2018 Wrangler. I started talking to my Jeep dealer way back in February about ordering a new 2018 Jeep Rubicon 2 door in Punkn' with the tan leather and tan Premium Soft Top. The color and the soft top were not available to order until April 11th but I patiently waited and finally was able to submit the order April 11th. Well, would you believe it (but I know many others are in the same boat) but here it is August 4th and there is still no change in my order from it's original 'C' status! I mean, I'm a reasonable guy and endured the forever wait but now, after six months of waiting and the 2019s are almost available to order, I'm very close to shit canning my fake deal. I'll probably lose my $500 deposit which would be a real rip off to me, after this BS wait. Add to everything, reading all of the writes about goofy steering issues, speedometers that read inaccurate speed when you are sitting still, etc., I really have my concern that I will end up with a Jeep that lives in the Jeep Service Department. Don't blame me, blame Jeep for the poor management of the roll out of the new Jeep. I'm just a customer, who in good faith, simply wanted to order the vehicle. I have a pristine 2013 10A Rubicon with only 17,400 miles on it and have had no issues at all with it. Is a fold down windshield and new instrument panel worth the risk? I know about all the other improvements here and there but again, do I want a Jeep that I would be sorry I bought? Add to that, I just read about the 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye with 797 unreal horsepower and am now thinking about ordering that car. Yes it is more money but I have it and the Jeep deal has really soured my outlook.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have to write this and voice my frustrations about the 2018 Wrangler. I started talking to my Jeep dealer way back in February about ordering a new 2018 Jeep Rubicon 2 door in Punkn' with the tan leather and tan Premium Soft Top. The color and the soft top were not available to order until April 11th but I patiently waited and finally was able to submit the order April 11th. Well, would you believe it (but I know many others are in the same boat) but here it is August 4th and there is still no change in my order from it's original 'C' status! I mean, I'm a reasonable guy and endured the forever wait but now, after six months of waiting and the 2019s are almost available to order, I'm very close to shit canning my fake deal. I'll probably lose my $500 deposit which would be a real rip off to me, after this BS wait. Add to everything, reading all of the writes about goofy steering issues, speedometers that read inaccurate speed when you are sitting still, etc., I really have my concern that I will end up with a Jeep that lives in the Jeep Service Department. Don't blame me, blame Jeep for the poor management of the roll out of the new Jeep. I'm just a customer, who in good faith, simply wanted to order the vehicle. I have a pristine 2013 10A Rubicon with only 17,400 miles on it and have had no issues at all with it. Is a fold down windshield and new instrument panel worth the risk? I know about all the other improvements here and there but again, do I want a Jeep that I would be sorry I bought? Add to that, I just read about the 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye with 797 unreal horsepower and am now thinking about ordering that car. Yes it is more money but I have it and the Jeep deal has really soured my outlook.
I see your in IL. They have to refund your $500 deposit if you decide to walk away from the JL.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I think the JL has become a huge mess and the price increases 3 times in a year along with the dest. charge going up is a sign FCA only cares about profit margins. The people that defend these "not-so-subtle" increases say it's simply "supply and demand". I know we are all excited about a new wrangler after 11 years of the JK, but damn...I've owned almost every model wrangler (I bought a fully loaded rubi in 2007 for under 30k OTD), and this time around I'm let down with the greed. I'm still going to buy my 2019, and I also expect another hike for that as well. I'm going for the heritage, I don't care I'm being ripped off.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
FCA posted record July sales of the Jeep Wrangler, selling 21,308 vehicles which marks a 14% increase over the previous July and once again making it the best selling Jeep vehicle, edging out both Cherokee and Grand Cherokee models. :like:

July 2018 FCA Sales Chart.jpg
Any update on August sales?
Sponsored