Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler JL with Sky One Touch PowerTop Demonstration

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I wish so badly that the rear window would roll down into the tailgate, even if it's only half way, that would still be AMAZING.
Sponsored

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Here you go... Been driving around for three days and it is quite nice. Opened the rear. glass today, as I did pull a little pull and buffeting when it was down.

+HtN8bUyTWmScpStFaZBHw.jpg

CJVskoSWQMOLG2b5FoDdbQ.jpg

AHTH%IARQiO537j6vKeHzQ.jpg
How do you like the Sky One Touch? When they first announced it I was very excited, but between not wanting to wait and concern about the rear window ar

VenturePoe

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like the Sky One Touch? When they first announced it I was very excited, but between not wanting to wait and concern about the rear window ar
After a few months, I don't like not having that glorious back-end with opening up the Jeep, but I will swear now, that I would not trade it for the world. I get to spend a little part of EVERY day with the top down, with a single button press. LOVE< LOVE< LOVE.

And believe me, I was a skeptic. This is Wrangler #5, I was used to a lot of things, and it still delights me every single day.

VenturePoe

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wish so badly that the rear window would roll down into the tailgate, even if it's only half way, that would still be AMAZING.
I have looked at it pretty well, and it's no biggie to unscrew the rear window. However, you would have to splice a coupler for the electronics in between. I'm thinking I may add a small coupler this summer and see how it goes. Otherwise, I just fly the back window open and it doesn't look TOO goofy (wind doesn't even buffet it down).

VenturePoe

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It feels/sounds like you're under a giant umbrella, but muffled a bit since the material is thicker than an umbrella.
It's actually a pretty pleasant feeling
After having a soft top and hard top, I would say that it is about 1/3 between a soft and hard. At 70mph, there is a little noise, but driving around town... None. However, I have since gotten that Surco rack and since taken it off, because the wind hitting the rack onto the top was a little unbearable.

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
After a few months, I don't like not having that glorious back-end with opening up the Jeep, but I will swear now, that I would not trade it for the world. I get to spend a little part of EVERY day with the top down, with a single button press. LOVE< LOVE< LOVE.

And believe me, I was a skeptic. This is Wrangler #5, I was used to a lot of things, and it still delights me every single day.
Totally agree. It was 52 degrees for the high and a cold wind was blowing. I opened the top part way and cranked up the heaters driving on the interstate. I never saw another Jeep with the top down or even the windows down.
The Sky One-Touch Power Top is the best option I have ever had on any vehicle - E V E R !!!
If you never had one, you would not understand. It truly is a Jeep thing.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I must agree. I got the Sky Top for the wife, and it is used twice (four times with back and forth) everyday. It opens as she drives in the morning, then closes it. Midday she drives with it closed and thumps along to the hibbidy dibbidy from the sub. Evening it opens up again as she enjoys the golden hour. And closed again for the night.

Every day.

$4k is ton of money. But if you're spending $40k+, that extra $4k makes it feel like its even more wonderful than that.
Sponsored