Jeep Wrangler JL with Sky One Touch PowerTop Demonstration

Daranello

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JLU Altitude edition
Weird. You can drop the front glass and not the back!
Sponsored

Last edited:

FloridaCowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger 2015 Dodge Challenger 2017 MX 5 RF
Occupation
Retired
I believe the power top is only in black. Is the power top only available on the Sahara and Rubicon?

mortimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the Sky One Touch Power top will work under a Gobi rack?

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'm genuinely curious to see how much of the market will buy this top given that FCA has also poured $ into greatly improving the ease with which its manual soft top is taken off and put on.

The vertically challenged market notwithstanding, it seems like the difference between this top and the manual soft one comes down to an owner's personal value of whether having to stop the vehicle to adjust the top, versus pushing a button (under 60mph if I got that right) is worth the price differential.

Question: say I go out and buy this top. Is it fair to say that it's packed with the (removable) side windows?

Related questions: Purchasing this top in no way boxes me in down the road, preventing me from switching to another FCA top (e.g. a conventional hard top) from my JLU power soft top, right? Conversely, as long as I purchase an Unlimited (as the power soft top is only available for the 4 door, right?), say with a manual soft top (or Freedom hard top) nothing precludes me from buying the power soft top down the road and installing it on my Unlimited as a replacement for the top I bought the vehicle with, right?

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
I'm genuinely curious to see how much of the market will buy this top given that FCA has also poured $ into greatly improving the ease with which its manual soft top is taken off and put on

Question: say I go out and buy this top. Is it fair to say that it's packed with the (removable) side windows?

Related questions: Purchasing this top in no way boxes me in down the road, preventing me from switching to another FCA top (e.g. a conventional hard top) from my JLU power soft top, right? Conversely, as long as I purchase an Unlimited (as the power soft top is only available for the 4 door, right?), say with a manual soft top (or Freedom hard top) nothing precludes me from buying the power soft top down the road and installing it on my Unlimited as a replacement for the top I bought the vehicle with, right?
Yeah only time will tell whether the market will buy into this top. I think they will.

Q1. I would say yes. Due to the removability feature. That is unique to this top ( for now) and will likely be to be to completely close top. But that's a simple check the included items when purchasing.

Q2. You would be better off purchasing this top ( if at all interested) with the Jeep. Just like those who didn't purchase hard tops and picked up used later (me included) you don't have the washer fluid hose and wiper power harness. I would think the power harness would not be included in a jeep not configured with this top from factory. How hard/easy that is to add after the fact is the unknown factor.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
I believe the power top is only in black. Is the power top only available on the Sahara and Rubicon?
I have seen the Power Top in body color. And yes only for the Sahara and Rubicon according to what I have read/seen.

I am fairly certain you can drop the windshield after retracting the Power Top. Can anyone confirm?!?

I wonder if the Sky One Touch Power top will work under a Gobi rack?
I am sure there will be but will require taller rack legs. Then again this would negate the opening with a huge rack over it...lol.

King_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Z51 Stingray, 1989 Jeep YJ
Anyone know if the power top can be completely removed like standard hardtops?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Anyone know if the power top can be completely removed like standard hardtops?
Yes, already mentioned before, it does come off but it is recommended to stay on by the manufacturer.

I'd rather see a full glass roof on that power top instead and maybe only open up the front bit or not at all. Can't be that difficult to engineer?
Can't think the manufacturer left that for the non OEM aftermarket...?

King_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Z51 Stingray, 1989 Jeep YJ
Thanks for the info....Yeah, I'm really surprised they still don't offer a glass roof option

Daranello

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JLU Altitude edition
I like it allot BUT I think it’s going to look silly with doors off, rear quarter windows out and the Rear glass is left in place!!??? To me that’s like a old guy driving around in a convertible with only the rear quarter windows up. For me if the fact that the rear glass is not removable is a deal killer for me.

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
Personally I like it. Would be nice if the rear glass could be removed but not a deal breaker. But I would not be surprised if the father market came up,with a new hinge that would allow the back glass to be easily removed.

Much easier to press a button to open the top for the quick trips rather than needing to pull a soft top down manually. Then still have the option of pulling out the windows. Might look really good with half doors.

Works well for me as I have no place to put a freedom top if I take it off.

Couple questions still;

Where I live it rains like hell a big portion of the fall and spring. I wonder how noisy the soft top portion will be compared to the freedom top. Is it one layer or is it isnsulated?

There other question is about racks. Will traditional Thule style racks for a cargo box work. Seems like the top bunches up fairly high.
Sponsored