Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Sound System

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I have the Alpine Premium system in my JL. I wanted to upgrade the dash speakers and was considering the Infinity 3032. Are these the speakers everyone is using? Are they plug and play? If not, would the Metra 72-7902 be the adapter needed?

Any advice or tips on what's needed and how to upgrade is appreciated.
Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
I have the Alpine Premium system in my JL. I wanted to upgrade the dash speakers and was considering the Infinity 3032. Are these the speakers everyone is using? Are they plug and play? If not, would the Metra 72-7902 be the adapter needed?

Any advice or tips on what's needed and how to upgrade is appreciated.
They're what I'm using, and I stuffed cavities with some polyfill. Quite frankly I can't remember what stock sounds like. But while I know the improvement wasn't *massive*, it was enough to be worth the upgrade.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
You've all convinced me to upgrade those corner dash speakers on my 8.4" radio.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Sound System 1649084490757

I've pulled the trigger via Crutchfield's website. THANK YOU for that kick I needed to get this going!

Antonios

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU-S
Hi Guys,

I would really use some help here. been struggeling with my speakers for a while now. i have got a base model JLU with the 7inch uconnect system. Same as everyone else, i wanted a slightly more tune to my music, so i reaserched and everyone recommends either kicker or infinity refwrence speakers.

Based on my previous experience, i decided to proceed with infinity reference rather than kickers. I installed 2 pairs of 3.5inch 3032cfx 3ohm; 2 replaced the ones in the dash and 2 replaced the ones in the sound bar. I also replaced the 4inch speakers in the sound bar with the infinity reference 4032cfx 3ohm speakers.

The sound is much better and im happy with the overall performance, however; everytime i push my volume higher tha 30 one side of speakers disconnects completely and goes quite. If i switch the car off for few minutes, itll reboot the system and get it to work again till i increase my volume again.

Im honestly frustrated, dont know what to do and dont want to invest in an amp at this stage. Seen many vids online with the exact same installation with no issues.

Is it because the infinity reference are 3ohm? If i replace them with 4ohm kickers will that help? if anyone can assist me here, i would be grateful as this has been going on for almost a month and is driving me crazy.

I also tried removing all the sound bar and replacing them with the factory ones to see if the issue presists, and guess what yes it does, most probably because each of these channels are wired in parallel. When i replaced all the speakers back to facotry ones, works like a charm with no issues.

Appreciate your support.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Get the lowest stock audio and replace everything. The JL/JLU should have better corner dash speakers, 6.5" coaxials in the lower dash, 6x9" in the soundbar and independent volume control on the subwoofer, none of which are there in the top of line Alpine "Premium" system. Replacing just the speakers still leaves you with filtered signals being sent to them. And you don't have to go hog wild on the components you choose to get much better sound.
Sponsored