bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
They are mounted in the Metra pods filled with polyfil
I would think they would sound better, maybe because they are not directed to you and the dash ones are, now that you mention it I don't really hear the knee panel speakers but I do the dash speakers
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I would think they would sound better, maybe because they are not directed to you and the dash ones are, now that you mention it I don't really hear the knee panel speakers but I do the dash speakers
Double check your polarity. Also, if those 6.5's aren't amplified, that's actually what would be expected. The 3.5's are much closer to the efficiency range of the stock amp's power than the 6.5's, which is likely why they sound better. The 6.5's require much more than the stock amp is capable of, so when they're under-powered, they can sound almost hollow.

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 crew cab black out
My front left speakers have stopped working. I have yet to install the new infinity speakers I ordered. I don’t want to instal them if they won’t work now . ( Still have to get harness anyhow. Which item number are those? I have seen different ones.) Left sound bar also seems to have some distortion. Or a rattle. Any ideas? How to fix?

mbartelt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I've never been impressed with the JL Alpine sound system. I have an Alpine factory system in my Jaguar that sounds amazing, but I have full control over subwoofer volume as well.

I thought I was being nitpicky when I noticed a clicking sound coming from what sounded like under my steering wheel somewhere. It was driving me nuts, mostly when I was listening to talk radio, like Howard Stern or some other non-music audio.

Posting to sub to this thread. This is one of the next mods on my list. Thanks!

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
This might be a super dumb question (or answered elsewhere), but how exactly do you use the polyfill in the front dash and the overheads? Do you remove the speakers themselves and stuff the fill into that cavity, then replace speakers? Or does it go around speakers/underneath the cover?

Any advice on how much to use for each dash speaker and each overhead?

Sponsored

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Quick question, I have the 8.4" Uconnect with the Alpine Premium system. I'm fairly happy with it but I have seen many post about replacing the factory speakers with either Kicker or the Infinity Ref 3032 for the dash and SB. So I decided to go for it and chose Infinity. Just received them today and will install this weekend but was wondering what the consensus was for using the included bass blockers. Should I used them and if so how are they installed? Thanks in advance for any input.

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 JLS, 1997 TJ & 2003 KJ
Quick question, I have the 8.4" Uconnect with the Alpine Premium system. I'm fairly happy with it but I have seen many post about replacing the factory speakers with either Kicker or the Infinity Ref 3032 for the dash and SB. So I decided to go for it and chose Infinity. Just received them today and will install this weekend but was wondering what the consensus was for using the included bass blockers. Should I used them and if so how are they installed? Thanks in advance for any input.
Yes, use the bass blockers. Those dash speakers will not be able to handle the lower frequencies and they WILL blow.
Usually mounted inline to the positive terminal.

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This might be a super dumb question (or answered elsewhere), but how exactly do you use the polyfill in the front dash and the overheads? Do you remove the speakers themselves and stuff the fill into that cavity, then replace speakers? Or does it go around speakers/underneath the cover?

Any advice on how much to use for each dash speaker and each overhead?
Not required for the dash.
Yes, the roll bar speakers will need to be removed to add the fill. Make it fluffy, do not pack it in.
YouTube channel CarAudioFabrication has a how to on Jeep rollbars... poly fill in conjunction with sound deadening.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
i did not use the bass blocker and so far, so good since i want the bass.
i was hoping the same speakers would also fit the
3.5” openings in the sound bar. They don’t so i’m kind of bummed out. Crutchfield shows the Kicker 3.5s fit the sound bar but i can’t see that working since they are the same size as the Infinity ones are.
Any suggestions on how to improve the rear speakers without cutting? I don’t see any upgrades on line.

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i did not use the bass blocker and so far, so good since i want the bass.
i was hoping the same speakers would also fit the
3.5” openings in the sound bar. They don’t so i’m kind of bummed out. Crutchfield shows the Kicker 3.5s fit the sound bar but i can’t see that working since they are the same size as the Infinity ones are.
Any suggestions on how to improve the rear speakers without cutting? I don’t see any upgrades on line.
I installed them yesterday without bass blockers and they sound great. Ill have to do some more research but with the premium system I'm not sure there arent already bass blockers in line somewhere because when I isolate those speakers and change the base there isnt much difference in sound. I put the same speakers in the sound bar, you just have to drill new holes in the plastic surround on the sb to attach the speakers. They fit nicely without modification but the eyelets for the screws don't line up. It took me all of 25 minutes to swap out the 4 speakers. Its a nice upgrade.

Sponsored

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, use the bass blockers. Those dash speakers will not be able to handle the lower frequencies and they WILL blow.
Usually mounted inline to the positive terminal.
Thanks for the response. Is it possible the premium system already has bass blocked to those speaker locations. I didnt use the bass blockers and when I isolate the speakers and increase bass there is almost no change. Almost all deep base is coming from sub. The new speakers have almost no distortion at full volume.

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response. Is it possible the premium system already has bass blocked to those speaker locations. I didnt use the bass blockers and when I isolate the speakers and increase bass there is almost no change. Almost all deep base is coming from sub. The new speakers have almost no distortion at full volume.
I am unsure. Enjoy the new sounds!

tthoms

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Willy's)
Those considering bass; I installed the $90 Rockville sub in the rear. I didn’t want to block the heater vent (kids, soft top, Idaho winter)... Plus wear and tear from the kids stuff in the back.

I figured it had the best reviews on Amazon and came with a 10 gauge wire kit. If it sucked, I’d return the sub and build an 8” box and install an amp. Also, I could’t justify $350 for an Alpine self powered sub. I installed many of it’s older brothers and was not impressed. I.e for $90 I might be able to “live” with a self powered sub.

I am really impressed. I can’t imagine a single 8” woofer sounding any better in a jeep. It’s great. It’s especially great for a powered sub.

Only minor complaint is the the cross over is on an abnormially steep curve. Took a while to get that dialed.

Note: I installed car stereos for 5 year while saving for/ attending college 15 years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-SS...+subwoofer&dpPl=1&dpID=51GvmpbLxDL&ref=plSrch

I’ll probably replace the dash speakers to get crisper highs and call it good.

This is a no brainer if you’re seeking better sound.

721B36D5-43DE-4F38-A43A-650DF8C1D947.jpeg

0CE51162-9659-471A-AD84-A4396B7081A7.jpeg
Been looking into compact bass to complete my install. Four 6.5s just isnt enough in the bass department. I saw you mentioned that the powered sub/amp has line level inputs. Does this mean that it can get the signal it needs from tapping another speaker? I was hoping to not have to run more RCAs behind my dash. Thanks! I've heard great things about the SS8P. I am amazed at its pricepoint and reported quality.

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
Not required for the dash.
Yes, the roll bar speakers will need to be removed to add the fill. Make it fluffy, do not pack it in.
YouTube channel CarAudioFabrication has a how to on Jeep rollbars... poly fill in conjunction with sound deadening.
Here is a link to the video you mention:

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
I installed them yesterday without bass blockers and they sound great. Ill have to do some more research but with the premium system I'm not sure there arent already bass blockers in line somewhere because when I isolate those speakers and change the base there isnt much difference in sound. I put the same speakers in the sound bar, you just have to drill new holes in the plastic surround on the sb to attach the speakers. They fit nicely without modification but the eyelets for the screws don't line up. It took me all of 25 minutes to swap out the 4 speakers. Its a nice upgrade.
If you are installing speakers that are 2 ohm to a factory Alpine system you do not need blockers.
Sponsored