Sponsored

Jeep wrangler JL snorkel MOPAR

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I have been looking to purchase mopar snorkel for jeep wrangler JL . seems to be available for purchase now in 4 wheel parts

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/jeep-snorkle-intake-kit-82215350/_/R-CNVX-82215350
I'd be very careful in assuming this is true. It is not uncommon for Quadratec, 4WP, Extreme Terrain, and others to list parts that don't actually exist yet or are backordered so they can get your money now and sit on it. I seriously doubt this product is in stock, but I could be wrong. I'd call and double check before placing an order.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If it is a mopar part check the allmoparparts thread and ask Benny if it is available. You can also get a discount on it through their site.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
That snorkel looks cool.
I plan on driving on the beach a lot. Would the snorkel be beneficial for keeping sand dust out of the engine or is beach sand not really an issue?
I would totally get it just for looks, but now thinking there may be some functional benefit. I don't plan on going in deep water.

Last edited:

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar still shows it as available in November. This keeps pushing out. It used to be September and they have changed the part number on it too (now AB at the end). I am not sure why they are struggling to get this released.
See here.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder do you have to disconnect the top piece of the snorkel to open the hood?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also wondering if this is a 2 piece snorkel. It almost looks like there is a joint in the middle, by the molded logo.

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder do you have to disconnect the top piece of the snorkel to open the hood?
I would be surprised if that is true. The snorkel is not connected to the hood...

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only thing is if you ever decide to ditch the snorkel you have to guy a whole new hood and have it painted. $$$

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
Only thing is if you ever decide to ditch the snorkel you have to guy a whole new hood and have it painted. $$$
I was hoping that the grille insert was spring loaded and just tucked up, but it looks like it might just be a manual insert. Attached is a pic of the jwagon concept with the hood cutout.

As for dust, the Aussies and South Africans use snorkels a lot since it places the air Intake much higher avoiding some of the dust cloud kick up.

I've seen others use an elastic band over some cut up panty hose as a replaceable dust pre-filter on their snorkels.

Beach sand doesn't kick up as much dust as dry places, but it can't hurt!

Screenshot_20180922-202402.png

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just don't see a benefit to a snorkel. Dust clouds go up about 20 on the dirt roads I have encountered and to ford water that deep you are gonna need a lot more than a snorkel.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I’ve had snorkels on the last two rigs I owned.

Never again. I’ll save HOURS and HOURS at gas stations now where I WONT have to answer all the dumb questions about “does that thing go underwater?” Or “is that a periscope?” Or “What is that tube thang?”....

People are dumb, and I never once needed it. And let’s be honest, with the JL electronics you’re a moron if you exceed factory fording depth.

Seriously. Save your money for beer.
Sponsored