Jeep wrangler JL snorkel MOPAR

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I have never seen a closeup of the attachment points for the MOPAR JL snorkel. There is an attachment below the hood. But no one has been able to tell me how the upper part of the snorkel is attached (to the A-Pillar?). Is there a MOPAR installation sheet or Youtube video available?
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have never seen a closeup of the attachment points for the MOPAR JL snorkel. There is an attachment below the hood. But no one has been able to tell me how the upper part of the snorkel is attached (to the A-Pillar?). Is there a MOPAR installation sheet or Youtube video available?
It doesn't look like there is an attachment, from photo closeups. It allso looks like it has two pieces, looking at the corrogated section along the hood. They've delayed it indefinitely, so I'm guessing there is a design flaw. I think they intended it so that the windshield could still fold with it, but that left it without the necessary rigitity.

Amespl1

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just had my factory Snorkle installed. It does have a mount on the A pillar, it is double sided tape on the A Pillar, with a bolt on the snorkle. You take the bolt out to fold the windshield down. The snorkle itself is very rigid, and seems to work well so far. I donā€™t know about water crossing, as that is not why I got it, I wanted it for the dust of going down backroads and such. You do have to cut a hole in the hood, and it has two other brackets holding it. One in the middle of the hood, and the other is the molar light mount.

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What about a rear snorkel for a 2018 JL. Tailpipe gets in the water when backing in the boat trailer.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
What about a rear snorkel for a 2018 JL. Tailpipe gets in the water when backing in the boat trailer.
That's ok. Your engine doesn't take air in from the tail pipe. As long as the engine is running you're not going to get any significant amounts water in there, the exhaust will keep pushing it out. Like blowing into a straw.
Sponsored