Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So, I am wondering, if for those who are looking for a true plug and play system, that doesn’t require a $550 investment and ECM setting change, these lights have been looked into? They’re definitely not an OE replacement, and I’m not sure yet about the design/look, BUT, looking for opinions. As some looking for a simple replacement from halogen to LED, that is more than a bulb replacement, I’ve gotta believe there is a market for it, and someone will step in if morimoto is unwilling to design for both an LED upgrade AND a halogen upgrade. I’d love to hear thoughts on these, and/or if anyone has them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X6KQNFG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_KsMHDb5DMYKS7

Also, has anyone tried these morimoto’s with a resister to simply have the flash turn function properly? I don’t need sequential turns, just want a simple led upgrade that doesn’t require the tazer. Eventually, i’ll Get the tazer, but I’m gonna wear down my 33’s before upping tire size and such... then the tazer will be a necessity, but for now, looking for a simple upgrade. Would love to know if anyone has had any success apart from using the tazer...
I can't comment on the morimoto LEDs, but I also am looking for a set of LEDs that don't require the purchase of a taser.

I found a product from quake that looks good. I called them and they confirmed that this product is plug and play--no tazer flash needed.

I believe they will start shipping by the end of the month.

https://www.quakeled.com/product/je...fit-slim-chop-kit-drl-w-sequential-switchback
Sponsored

Infidelicon_jlu

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Okay quick question for anyone who can give an answer, so after researching reading several threads in here some that were incorrect as far as the wiring on the turn signal, marker, DRL 5 wire plugs the yellow with brown stripe wire is the Lighting fault sensor wire my question is how do I wire this into my new light setup or do I just leave it disconnected completely? I am wiring in Oracle LED’s. The white/green stripe is turn signal, white/brown stripe is parking lamp, white/yellow stripe is DRL and black is ground, I am adding in resistors on the white/ green stripe turn signal power and the ground so as not to get the hyper flash or and dash lights but I am unsure wether I wire the yellow/brown stripe(lighting fault sensor wire) with the turn signal power wire or do I leave this out and if so will it cause any lights on the dash or any issues with function??

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
Okay quick question for anyone who can give an answer, so after researching reading several threads in here some that were incorrect as far as the wiring on the turn signal, marker, DRL 5 wire plugs the yellow with brown stripe wire is the Lighting fault sensor wire my question is how do I wire this into my new light setup or do I just leave it disconnected completely? I am wiring in Oracle LED’s. The white/green stripe is turn signal, white/brown stripe is parking lamp, white/yellow stripe is DRL and black is ground, I am adding in resistors on the white/ green stripe turn signal power and the ground so as not to get the hyper flash or and dash lights but I am unsure wether I wire the yellow/brown stripe(lighting fault sensor wire) with the turn signal power wire or do I leave this out and if so will it cause any lights on the dash or any issues with function??
Are you talking about the factory LED wiring? I just installed a set of these morimotos on my rubicon which had the stock leds and everything works great besides random bulb out messages. I need to fix this lol

s1000pre

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara UL
More help on this subject...possibly from a dealer mechanic with experience...

I purchased my wrangler this past May. At the time of purchase, there wasn't a vehicle available with the LED package in a 2018 model (I saved 8k purchasing a 2018, spent 2k buying LED's saving a total of 6k). I ended up replacing the headlamps, taillights and fog's with OEM Mopar LED's. I purchased the Morimoto turns being the Mopar's were not available at the time. I installed the Morimoto's without adding the included plastic box being I was told it was the resistor and possibly not necessary. I also purchased a tazer to modify the vehicle settings. Since I don't have locking diff's, I am not intending to add larger tires, and don't see using any of the other Tazer features. I decided to pay my dealer to add the LED's to my vehicle parameters with the intention of selling the Tazer. After the dealer added the parameters to my vehicle settings I still had a bulb out message on my dash. At that time I connected the Tazer and noticed all of my lights were set to LED with exception of the Tuns, they were still showing halogens. I went back to the dealer to have the parameters reset. They charged me another $80 to tell me I had installed aftermarket turns and this is a common issue. I AM SO GREATFULL MY DEALER WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN I HAD INSTALLED AFTERMARKET TURNS...UNTIL THEN, I HAD NO IDEA!!! ...WOW. ...clueless!!! I decided to install the resistors and avoid any future issues with the turns. After a month past, I decided to sell the Tazer since I wasn't having any issues. This was early June and now it is October 19th. This past Thursday the right turn warning light illuminated, followed by the left. The turns were still working for 10-15 minutes. Then I had a message that all turns were out and yes, they were not functioning. The DRL's were still working properly, only the turns were out. When I turned the vehicle off and restarted, everything was fine until Friday morning, same thing...right, then left, then all. Saturday night no issues. I am planning on taking the vehicle to a different dealer on Tuesday to discuss. Before doing so, I am hoping to get a little feedback if anyone has experience with a dealer flash. Is there an LED/Halogen setting the dealer can select? I feel there is being the Tazer can modify the setting. If there is a setting the dealer needs to perform, anything I can share with them to help explain my case is much appreciated. Do I need to explain to them how to do it? Where in the dealer's service manual is it depicted? Help! ...hoping to avoid it...though purchasing another Tazer might be my only option. Just want to avoid issues in the future with slightly possible warranty issues using a Tazer.

ddeaver

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
More help on this subject...possibly from a dealer mechanic with experience...

I purchased my wrangler this past May. At the time of purchase, there wasn't a vehicle available with the LED package in a 2018 model (I saved 8k purchasing a 2018, spent 2k buying LED's saving a total of 6k). I ended up replacing the headlamps, taillights and fog's with OEM Mopar LED's. I purchased the Morimoto turns being the Mopar's were not available at the time. I installed the Morimoto's without adding the included plastic box being I was told it was the resistor and possibly not necessary. I also purchased a tazer to modify the vehicle settings. Since I don't have locking diff's, I am not intending to add larger tires, and don't see using any of the other Tazer features. I decided to pay my dealer to add the LED's to my vehicle parameters with the intention of selling the Tazer. After the dealer added the parameters to my vehicle settings I still had a bulb out message on my dash. At that time I connected the Tazer and noticed all of my lights were set to LED with exception of the Tuns, they were still showing halogens. I went back to the dealer to have the parameters reset. They charged me another $80 to tell me I had installed aftermarket turns and this is a common issue. I AM SO GREATFULL MY DEALER WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN I HAD INSTALLED AFTERMARKET TURNS...UNTIL THEN, I HAD NO IDEA!!! ...WOW. ...clueless!!! I decided to install the resistors and avoid any future issues with the turns. After a month past, I decided to sell the Tazer since I wasn't having any issues. This was early June and now it is October 19th. This past Thursday the right turn warning light illuminated, followed by the left. The turns were still working for 10-15 minutes. Then I had a message that all turns were out and yes, they were not functioning. The DRL's were still working properly, only the turns were out. When I turned the vehicle off and restarted, everything was fine until Friday morning, same thing...right, then left, then all. Saturday night no issues. I am planning on taking the vehicle to a different dealer on Tuesday to discuss. Before doing so, I am hoping to get a little feedback if anyone has experience with a dealer flash. Is there an LED/Halogen setting the dealer can select? I feel there is being the Tazer can modify the setting. If there is a setting the dealer needs to perform, anything I can share with them to help explain my case is much appreciated. Do I need to explain to them how to do it? Where in the dealer's service manual is it depicted? Help! ...hoping to avoid it...though purchasing another Tazer might be my only option. Just want to avoid issues in the future with slightly possible warranty issues using a Tazer.
See also https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...factory-upgrade-kit.31897/page-25#post-892128 , FWIW. I will eventually bottom out on an answer, but it seems [sadly] mileage varies based on the dealer contact.

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I can't comment on the morimoto LEDs, but I also am looking for a set of LEDs that don't require the purchase of a taser.

I found a product from quake that looks good. I called them and they confirmed that this product is plug and play--no tazer flash needed.

I believe they will start shipping by the end of the month.

https://www.quakeled.com/product/je...fit-slim-chop-kit-drl-w-sequential-switchback
This Quake option looks really nice. Eager to see how these work out!

wittyjeepusername

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Has anyone seen or taken the plunge these inexpensive guys DRL’s...? I see they’ve got an anti flicker, however, it doesn’t explicitly say that it would work as halogen replacement... any thoughts? Can’t tell if the anti flicker that’s included is actually for the side marker, or for the light itself....

BUNKER INDUST LED Daytime Running Lights with Turn Signal for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 2019 Fender JL DRL Turn Signal Wheel Eyebrow Light,Smoke Lens(USA Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDH7973/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_R44YDbK7GZPYY

Last edited:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Has anyone seen or taken the plunge these inexpensive guys DRL’s...? I see they’ve got an anti flicker, however, it doesn’t explicitly say that it would work as halogen replacement... any thoughts? Can’t tell if the anti flicker that’s included is actually for the side marker, or for the light itself....

BUNKER INDUST LED Daytime Running Lights with Turn Signal for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 2019 Fender JL DRL Turn Signal Wheel Eyebrow Light,Smoke Lens(USA Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDH7973/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_R44YDbK7GZPYY
It days for stock LED replacement. I suspect the harness is different.

WmhaydenJL

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
So I have a 2019 JL SPORT. It does not come with any DRL from the factory. Just the crappy sport flares with the turn signal. I swapped some Rubicon fenders on it, the LED’s it came with had cut wiring so I’ve been running around without working turn signals for some time. If I put a set of the Morimoto turn signals in and got a TAZER JL. Would this be able to work and have functional DRL’s? TIA.

danny01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
So I have a 2019 JL SPORT. It does not come with any DRL from the factory. Just the crappy sport flares with the turn signal. I swapped some Rubicon fenders on it, the LED’s it came with had cut wiring so I’ve been running around without working turn signals for some time. If I put a set of the Morimoto turn signals in and got a TAZER JL. Would this be able to work and have functional DRL’s? TIA.
Yes, the Tazer allows factory fender DRL output for Sport and Sport S models. It also allows you to configure the Jeep for LED turn signals so you don't get hyperflash.

Sponsored

wittyjeepusername

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey all, I wanted to share some success I’ve had! I took a gamble and ordered some led DRL fender light off of amazon. I asked a question previously if anyone had purchased them as an upgrade from standard halogen and had success without the need to reprogram using a tazer/flashcal. Well, to my surprise I ordered the light linked below and they worked perfectly as a direct replacement (using the included resistors) the lights are great! Cool smoked finished, sequential turns, DRL, the whole nine!! And they are cheaper than most anything else out there... you just need to find them when they’re in stock. There are several different sellers on amazon, but they are all selling the same Chinese made light. Here is link to a few places to purchase.

This is where I bought from, and there was a 10% off coupon too:

Akmties LED DRL Turn Signal Light Kit Somked Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2019(1 pair USA Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZF49K99/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2-GlEbJBR2N5X

but these are the same light...

BUNKER INDUST LED Daytime Running Lights with Sequential Turn Signal for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 2019 Fender JL DRL Turn Signal Wheel Eyebrow Light,Smoke Lens(USA Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDH7973/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_naHlEbJY8XC4R

Atubeix LED Fender JL light White DRL Amber turn signal lamp Front Wheel Eyebrow Light kit Fit for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2019(US Version,2PCS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YW6TWPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ibHlEb8KJAWT6

there were some other sellers too...

All that said, I installed everything in about 2-2.5 hours without removing my fenders and it was an actual plug and play setup. I’ll attach photos/video shortly of what they look like installed. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up because my search is over, and I’m sure there are other interested.

Last edited:

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Hey all, I wanted to share some success I’ve had! I took a gamble and ordered some led DRL fender light off of amazon. I asked a question previously if anyone had purchased them as an upgrade from standard halogen and had success without the need to reprogram using a tazer/flashcal. Well, to my surprise I ordered the light linked below and they worked perfectly as a direct replacement (using the included resistors) the lights are great! Cool smoked finished, sequential DRL, the whole nine!! And they are cheaper than most anything else out there... you just need to find them when they’re in stock. There are several different sellers on amazon, but they are all selling the same Chinese made light. Here is link to a few places to purchase.

Akmties LED DRL Turn Signal Light Kit Somked Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2019(1 pair USA Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZF49K99/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2-GlEbJBR2N5X

BUNKER INDUST LED Daytime Running Lights with Sequential Turn Signal for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 2019 Fender JL DRL Turn Signal Wheel Eyebrow Light,Smoke Lens(USA Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDH7973/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_naHlEbJY8XC4R

Atubeix LED Fender JL light White DRL Amber turn signal lamp Front Wheel Eyebrow Light kit Fit for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2019(US Version,2PCS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YW6TWPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ibHlEb8KJAWT6

All that said, I installed everything in about 2-2.5 hours without removing my fenders and it was an actual plug and play setup. I’ll attach photos/video shortly of what they look like installed. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up because my search is over, and I’m sure there are other interested.
Thanks. Did they come with the double sided tape to seal up to the fender? If not what did you wind up using?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey all, I wanted to share some success I’ve had! I took a gamble and ordered some led DRL fender light off of amazon. I asked a question previously if anyone had purchased them as an upgrade from standard halogen and had success without the need to reprogram using a tazer/flashcal. Well, to my surprise I ordered the light linked below and they worked perfectly as a direct replacement (using the included resistors) the lights are great! Cool smoked finished, sequential DRL, the whole nine!! And they are cheaper than most anything else out there... you just need to find them when they’re in stock. There are several different sellers on amazon, but they are all selling the same Chinese made light. Here is link to a few places to purchase.

This is what I wanted to know, thanks, so I guess the harness is plug and play.
Any trouble removing the stock lighting assembly?

wittyjeepusername

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Did they come with the double sided tape to seal up to the fender? If not what did you wind up using?
It didn’t come with double sided tape. I just grabbed some heavy duty gorilla tape from Home Depot that claims to be indoor/outdoor and hold up to 30lbs. I cut it into thinner strips and used it and is quite a sound seal.

Last edited:

wittyjeepusername

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what I wanted to know, thanks, so I guess the harness is plug and play.
Any trouble removing the stock lighting assembly?
The harness is plug and play, yes. You simply remove the entire harness with the existing bulb connections and replace with the one that is attached to the new light assembly.

No issues, per say. I’d recommend not removing the fender if possible, as those clips to the body will likely break on you. I managed just fine without removing the fender, using a little extra pressure folding around the fender liner and such.

I will say tho I broke a couple of the Christmas tree plastic clip doohickeys, even using a trim removal tool. I purchased some prior to install knowing that would happen. I also had to drill through one of the plastic rivets at the front of the fender to properly remove the bracket holding the light assembly in place. No issues, but you have to be willing to pull on some plastic firmly to get a good space to work with if you chose to not entirely remove the fender and fender liner. The first install took me a little longer than the second as I was just figuring it out as I went. Really like them tho. Here is a quick video of the lights in action (note flickering in vid is just standard flickering when trying capture led on phone camera.)

Sponsored

Last edited: